Anti-AWP tactics.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
I need some good anti-awp tactics. I tried a myriad of different weapons from the M4A1 to another AWP and I always end up taking a bullet to the head. I've tried moving erratically, but all this does is kill my aim and then someone nails with a ****ing rifle. I've tried duck and cover, and this works occasionally, but only against less experianced awpers. I've tried popping out of boxes with quick bursts, but by the third time I do it, the sniper figures out my pattern and wastes me. The only thing that I find works a little is engaging them in close quarters combat, I need tactics to help me take out an AWPer from a distance.

DDRaddict

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yup i have this problem also. i usually try being random and shooting to throw off their concentration til i can knife them. u could also try using 2 flashes

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
EASY. First, don't use flashes. Scopes greatly lessen their effect. And knifing should just be to laugh at the poor gutless AWP-camping Player. Instead, try running back and forth, slowly closing in, using a glock, five-seven, or SMG. That way, you're hard to hit, and you're using a gun that's accurate enough to hit him with that headshot. If you get him low and find a corner to hide behind, throw your HE grenade and finish him.

Dantae

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if i know where they are i usally try to get them with a head shot from a ball up cause i always use that gun and cause awps take ages to load by the time you'v unloaded a full round on then they have fired 1 mayby 2 shot just right click and fire

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Do not jump because if you do they will catch you where you will land. Just run sidewards and keep firing your weapon. If you run out of ammo use the secondary weapon. Do not stop for cover once you will come out. Just keep running and firing.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
First thing i do is know where the sniper is then i throw an H.E grenade then i jump out and try to aim at the head with a rifle.....that's how i always deal with those annoying snipers.

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, I never go into places where the awpers are...but Master is right...It is pretty hard to hit you with an awp if you keep moving like that, only way they can hit you when your doing that is if they have aim-bot...So, if that still does not work...He is aim-botting more/less

DDRaddict

Reaction score
i've seen people learn how to use the side motion to aim better. it's weird and i've done it a few times so it works.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
It's still entirely possible to get shot while you're strafing left and right, it's just not as easy. You're an easier target moving N/S of the sniper rather than moving E/W.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Master is right. Because if you move N/S it's still like you're not moving at all.

DDRaddict

Reaction score
it all depend on how skilled the person is with an awp. if they aren't skilled then running e/w will let u win (like how they do me :/ ) but a skilled person could still probably hit u

tHEos-unDefineD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
easy, anti-sniper tatics work on some people, the skilled, and the new. the new will tend to stay still and follow you as they try to get a "beat" on you. as for the skilled, they will either, strafe, jump, run, hide, or just do random things. if they strafe in and out of lets say a corner. just move to another spot(saying they missed their first shot) and dont stand still, but wait for them to pop out and shoot em. as for the jumpers, becarefull because they are tricky. most people will stand still and wait for them to land, dont do that, shoot them once they are in the air. because, when you jump to the side, you can stop in mid air and trick the person. and also remember, when a sniper is stafing, shoot at him, when he stops, start moving, cause thats when he is going to shoot. very few people can stafe and shoot a awp very good.

Dantae

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if the person's really pissing you off by killing u again and again just awp him thats what people try to do to me when i awp but i'm not trying to brag but i'm really good with an awp

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Originally posted by DDRaddict
it all depend on how skilled the person is with an awp. if they aren't skilled then running e/w will let u win (like how they do me :/ ) but a skilled person could still probably hit u
But even if they are skillfull running sidewards limits their chances of killing you.

DDRaddict

Reaction score
Originally posted by Maverick
But even if they are skillfull running sidewards limits their chances of killing you.
true, but if your moving in a pattern side ways then they could probably figure it out and get u.

azk12000

Member!
Reaction score
good awpers also use previous weapon thingy so they have **** all time to get their next round into place. good awpers can also use their awp close range like a shotty doing no scopers. being random seems to work well and i u get close do not stop with the reasoning that itll be to hard for him to shoot u with a no scoper or get his pistol out, just starfe forward at him with the occasiol randomness. any good cs player knows patterns, so never do the same thing more then 2 rounds in a row or u will die. unless u are 1337.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Well it all comes down to who is the best player is. No matter what pattern you use if you are against a very good awper he will really get you one way or another.