Zerg is weak overall.

johnpark1223

Member!
Reaction score
zergs weakness is low damage compared to toss with reavers and terran with tanks...

zerg has a BIG BIG advantage and that is MASS PRODUCTION

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
incase it isnt obvious, snagg is a newb, lol.. if he wants to prove otherwise, then he should take up G37Z on his offer to 1v1.. otherwise it's all talk, and i gotta say that the "if" comments are weak.. anyone who loses would have won "if" they had had a 200 supply army, massive defense, full upgrades, and a higher level of skill at micro/macro than their opponent.. but "if" isn't, that's why they say "if".. it's like saying "if i was a newb and didn't know how to use zerg, i would make a thread saying they suck with completely assinine and irrelevant information to support my original idea which anyone with any playing experience knows is completely laughable".. but i can't say that.. although you can

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerg still cannot beat Terran/Toss in early/mid game.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
CerebralChain said:
Snagg, don't talk about stuff you obviously don't know anything about. :rolleyes
You should listen to him you know.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
yes they can.. you are wrong.. 'nuf said

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
So, according to your 1st post and others, all zerg units suck and can be countered without a sweat, and you're basically saying zerg is a race that cannot handle very early/middle game, which means that they only depend on high-tech units later in the game. But you clearly said that defiles are useless, ultralisks are waste of resources, and gaurdians can be killed easily.
Which tells me that you make absolutely no sense at all.

Most of toss units can be countered easily cept high templars and archons.
BCs are jokes, even though plague is used very rarely in the game, the Zs can still use it and scourges along wit em.

If you didn't know, P and T lose most of their games, if they let Z long enough to expand entire map and get ling/ultra/defiler combo. That's why they tend to finish before even zerg gets to hive-tech.

If you wanna see how good zerg is, I suggest you download zerg replays of the following players:
ChoJJa[NC] (uses ultralisks/ling/defiler most of the games)
[nC]...yellOw
Junwi_[saM]
[SouL]TheWind
GoRush

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg said:
ultralisk rush? I don't see how that's possible without getting killed trying to tech.

Dude by the time you have guardians (which are one of the highest units out there) tanks (which are like the 4th fastest unit to make) will be protected by... anti-air units and goliaths.

Yes my units are disproportional price wise.. however... all of my examples give advantage to Zerg when it comes to price. Except for Zealot. Which I only did because you can build Zealots earlie than Hydras
hydralisk+guardians+overlords filled with cracklings=pawnage

hydras are used for army and ani-air. guardians take out any imposing ground forces that endanger the hydras. ovies to detect and to drop off at enmy mine area

easiest strategy i use that nets me wins after wins

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerg before getting a hive = owned by tanks and goons.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Tanks/goons = owned by lurks/lings

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
M/M pwn hydra/ling or muta

Tank own Lurk

Goliath/tank/mm own gardian/hydra.

I think there's a terran counter for everything, at the exception of an abusing use of queen or defiler.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Muta/ling can easily outnumber m&m and rip em apart, also you seem to avoid talking about z counter units for t, by only picking on easy target, making T sound as if they're impossible to beat.

Lurker/ling or Muta/ling will own m&m fairly easy if terran doesn't seriously know what he is doing.

Queen is pretty useless, they're rarely used and their abilities are way overrated, like emp shockwave.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
the simple fact is you can say zerg can't beat anything, but if you played as terran/protoss against any of the zerg players here who offered to prove you wrong on b.net, you'd be horribly, horribly crushed in a pitiful, humiliating defeat.. so i guess zerg only sucks in writing.. yours, specifically

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
a@... said:
Muta/ling can easily outnumber m&m and rip em apart, also you seem to avoid talking about z counter units for t, by only picking on easy target, making T sound as if they're impossible to beat.

Lurker/ling or Muta/ling will own m&m fairly easy if terran doesn't seriously know what he is doing.

Queen is pretty useless, they're rarely used and their abilities are way overrated, like emp shockwave.
Mutas/lings: Ever unleash a muta bomb on a mass of M&M? It's no competition; the M&M are defenseless and get torn to shreds in seconds.

Anything can get ripped to shreds if it's in the hands of a newbie. That's just plain fact.

And the Queen is a great unit. It's key to Zerg in assaulting a Terran with clusters of Siege Tanks--a few Queens can be all you need to let your cracklings finish the work. Plus, when you are up against a horde of Protoss ground units, a few of those blobs could be all you need to slow them down to the point where your hydralisks can finish them off before you even lose a unit. They aren't the best spellcasters, I'll admit, but they definitely aren't useless.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah queens are far from useless. ensare can slow down speedlots/annoying vults and allow your hydras to easily kill them (microed). broodlings are usefull against tanks and other spellcasters like high temps. and parasite is usefull in many ways.

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah Zerg are only weak if you dont know how to use them. like if you are newb and justr mass zerglings and hope to take a base...then yeah your going to get ass-whopped. but yeah, know how to

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
there was one game i owned someone with zerg that was so funny.. the whole game all i did was mass zerglings and overlords, plus get metabolic boost, adrenal glands, and 3/3 upgrades for lings, plus the faster overlord movement and carrying ability.. then i made 200 supply lings (exception of the drones, which werent a lot considering it wasnt a money map and i never expanded), filled all my overlords, and dropped at various points inside his base.. the only buildings that were saved were the ones that could lift off, everything else was decimated.. then i kept a guard on his air buildings with my lings while i built a spire and scourges.. i gave him shared vision to show him my army of 36 scourges, he said gg, and left, lol.. it was fun :p

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i still think guards+hydras+ovies/lings rule all
lets go zerg v zerg -azrael666-
when i get a new cdkey.. and a comp to put the game back on with

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
lol and i'll pick some random new name so my record isn't affected, since my lack of playing melee for such a long time has undoubtedly put my skills in a state of atrophy

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
same here... my name before has been like X02ragnarok, or something with Ragnarok in it..im thinking when i get a new comp im gonna put TFT and BW on and use PainsRequiem as a name and maybe find a BF clan on Bnet and get some training again though..
do we have one of those?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Snagg said:
I don't see how zerg can beat anything. protoss and terran completely overpower it.

Zerglings? I once killed 5 lings with one zealot.
Lurkers? By that time people will have detectors unless you're newb. Tanks kill it. And basically it dies very quickly and very expensive.
Mutalisks? Costs a lot. Dies by a few turrets or cannons.
Hydralisks? Can't beat tanks and marines and medics... or dragoons and dts and zealots
Guardians? the protoss/terran was a newb to let you get so many guardians... and can be countered with anti-air.

The only thing that I can think of that's good is defliers with Dark Swarm. And even then by the time you tech that high. Terran and Protoss has powerful units like battlecruisers and archons etc.

Ultralisks btw are a waste of money.
does he know how to play SC?

I dont know how ppl do it, but my cousin and few progamers kills 12 firebats with 12 zerglings,
how are lings weak then? Maybe you cant micro well,