Why are Americans in love with their guns?

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Hellwolf_36
In Canada, mostly hunting is the only gun-type sport remaining, but then again even hunting has regulations.

And this is different in the U.S.? After reading this thread it amazed me how people from other countries picture Americans. It is like we are still savage cowboys, running around with zippo lighters, eating hot dogs, toting pistols, and shooting anyone that gets in our way. Americans are just as civilized (more in most cases) than any other country, and people like Hellwolf think thier country has less guns for some reason. I went to Canada on vacation recently, and I noticed that 90% of Canadians are bigger jerks than anyone i have seen in America.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
So you think all us Canadains stereotypically think that Americans match what you said? I THINK NOT. If we were that stereotypical, then there probably would have been sandbags, tanks, and mortars along the southern parts and we woulda been bombed to hell and back.

Besides, Canada has gun problems just as worse as Americas but here in Canada we do not have a constitution or a 2nd ammandment to stand on, so we go to jail, ON THE SPOT (unless the jury is full of retards.)!

Steven22

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fuddy
and I noticed that 90% of Canadians are bigger jerks than anyone i have seen in America.
Off-topic:

I suggest you don't make such a sweeping generalization. I could refer you to several canadians who are smart (oh and very smart), fun, cool, etc. I also know a few canadians that know how to party harder than any other american I know.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Black~Enthusiasm
Do you really think that all thieves could afford an overpriced black-marcket gun? If you think so, it prove that you do live in a culture of fear.
And if you ban gun, there will be less gun avaliable, which mean less violent crime involving guns.

Finaly, if gun would really be for protection, america would be the safest place of the planet. Sadly, it is the opposite.
You know the Dutch made machine pistols out of a bycicle shops during WW2...

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Americans and guns dont mix. We are a greedy breed of human, one thats lust and thirst for power is only topped by its ability to not give a fuck. We do anything to get to the top, wether it be sleeping with the boss, doing drugs ect. Yet still its our freedom to be this bluntly ignorant. God bless america eh?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
This thread is funny. I laugh at all the viewpoints about guns. Yes they are dangerous. But....guns are only a "tool". Guns don't work unless there are people to work them. The people are to blame, not the guns. Like some have said before in this post, if we ban the guns...it won't fix a da** thing. It will make it worse if anything. Once you ban guns from the public, the crooks will be the only ones to have them. Don't pull the crap saying it is "too expensive" to get guns when they are banned. The prohibition days are proof of that. All that big mess created organized crime.

Another reason that we have guns is to protect us against ourselves really. Our government. Governments easily become corrupt. If the majority of the population feels that america is not being run the right way, we actually will have guns to fuel the rebellion. I don't know if this will ever happen, but of course anything can happen in america. ;)

It is all summed up by this quote from WC3:

"Guns don't kill people.........I DO!!!"
-Rifleman

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aragorn7
Our government. Governments easily become corrupt. If the majority of the population feels that america is not being run the right way, we actually will have guns to fuel the rebellion. I
Who's pulling the crap now. Bush proved that you people are to much indiferent to mobilize and do anything agaisnt the government when it **** up the population. No, really, that's got to be the silliest argument, overtrow the governement in case. I am sure that gun will do a diference against the military's automatic rifle, swat, marines, tanks and jets.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Who's pulling the crap now. Bush proved that you people are to much indiferent to mobilize and do anything agaisnt the government when it **** up the population. No, really, that's got to be the silliest argument, overtrow the governement in case. I am sure that gun will do a diference against the military's automatic rifle, swat, marines, tanks and jets.
I would like to see you stand a chance against that without guns? Of course you may get slaughtered but if it is what you want. In situations like that you would have to get crafty. What you don't understand is that if the movement is organized enough you might be able to comprimise the very police force or even parts of the military. And if done correctly it might just work.

That is the reason that it was put into the constitution. The second amendment. It is there because of that, you can argue all you want about it but the reason why it is there is so we could overthrow a government if needed.

Oh and add two stars to the four stars...I don't think this makes sense without the extra stars:

Bush proved that you people are to much indiferent to mobilize and do anything agaisnt the government when it **** up the population.

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Your the only ****ing democracy who thought about arming its population in case the governement somehow turns evil. I understand why they created the second amendement 200 year ago, but it doesnt stand today.

In case the governement turn into a dictatorship... this as to be the silliest excuse to have a gun.

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
We didn't rebel about the patriot act and the other crap because were smart enough not to want to go agains the most military in the world.We didnt do anything about the patriot act because most of us are too paranoid about getting bombed by terrorists to resist loosing our freedoms.Most people think that terrorists actually will attack us soon.Unless the NY outages were terrorists,which i highly doubt,we won't be attacked,so the terrorist paranoia leading to the patriot act should be gone,but most of us are far too stupid to realize that.Im probably off topic by now,but whatever.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Your the only ****ing democracy who thought about arming its population in case the governement somehow turns evil. I understand why they created the second amendement 200 year ago, but it doesnt stand today.

In case the governement turn into a dictatorship... this as to be the silliest excuse to have a gun.
I actually like the idea of being able to actually do something if your government goes the wrong way. No guns...equals zero protection. I don't expect the police to protect you if you are fighting the gov. Yes it is a 200 year old rule but I don't see it going away anytime soon. You will never know the future and there is no reason to not be prepared for the worst.

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I actually like the idea of being able to actually do something if your government goes the wrong way. No guns...equals zero protection. I don't expect the police to protect you if you are fighting the gov. Yes it is a 200 year old rule but I don't see it going away anytime soon. You will never know the future and there is no reason to not be prepared for the worst.
Yhea, maybe your right, I understand your point, even if I dont share your opinion. But the credibility of this rule, and the idea of another american revolution deserve a completly diferent thread. But it would make an interesting one :)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yhea, maybe your right, I understand your point, even if I dont share your opinion. But the credibility of this rule, and the idea of another american revolution deserve a completly diferent thread. But it would make an interesting one :)
Agrees with you on this ;)
A very long thread it would be indeed.

(talking like yoda i am now, yes) :D

Steven22

Member!
Reaction score
I have a story that would change your views on gun and gun control. But I don't know if I should mix personal opinion with facts.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
As other people have said. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. If someone wants to kill someone, and dosnt have a gun. The person will end up killing with or without a gun.

Also even if we were to out-law guns people would still find a away to get them.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steven22
I have a story that would change your views on gun and gun control. But I don't know if I should mix personal opinion with facts.
Off Topic:

As I have said numerous times here, most things wont change peoples minds...especially since it is an online forum. We can still debate, but don't expect to change anyones convictions here.

On Topic:
I agree with you AxL. Guns are just a method for people to kill people. I could still kill someone if I wanted to easily enough with a bat.

Steven22

Member!
Reaction score
Off Topic:

As I have said numerous times here, most things wont change peoples minds...especially since it is an online forum. We can still debate, but don't expect to change anyones convictions here.
Yes, since everyone is such an insensitive **** I won't be able to change their minds. But it is truley a sad story.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Debate is not about changing other people's minds, Steven22. It is about presenting your arguments. So, please, tell us your story.

Misterwhippy

Member!
Reaction score

Ayway, in the USA, what the 2nd amendment right means, is that u can form militia groups, not go around toting guns and blasting shit up.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. That last italisiced part... that means that the people have the right to keep and bear arms, and if people there means state militias, then the word people means state militas everywhere else.

Here's what I think : americans live in a cultur of fear. Only in America would you get helicopters flying over the suburbs, spraying poison to kill mosquiotos to stop West Nile Virus, a disease only dangerous to the weak and elderly and statistically about as common as leprosy. Only in America do you have FOX news previews: "Could something in your sock drawer be KILLING YOUR CHILDREN? Tonight at 10." funny, I dont see these kinds of commercials Only in America do you see beach attendance dramatically drop during the few days after a shark attack in Florida, which is literally an 8 million to one chance. Only in America do you get people in no danger whatsoever sealing themselves inside their houses with plastic wrap and duct tape. okay, now your just exaggerating.

So, americans are conditioned by fear. So what do you think hapens when they see on the news channel, every night at 6, that some black guy killed, shooted, or robbed such and such places? so, no black people kill people where you come from? you've got many people keeping guns in their homes out of fear of intruders,, and you have crazy militias out west stockpiling machine guns against "the government."where are these strange militias you talk of... [/B]
Much of that was just common stereotyping of america.

MacMan

Reaction score
Aragorn7, you seriously need to realize that guns don't solve your political problems anymore, nor will they ever again.