Why are Americans in love with their guns?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You allow people to have guns (which will lead to the all might slaughters in schools...), with the excuse of self-security... If your police and justice worked well, there was no need for personal guns, so that's only an excuse to give money to the weapons industries (that one and the oil one are the most powerfull in the US).

But then again. Is it that simple? Could it be that you have guns because your government allows you to? Or is it more to your blood?

I mean, in the past, in the times of cowboys... What are they but a bunch of idiots who thought they could do what they had because they had guns, and they did it? I mean, it's true that they worked a lot, herding a group of cows is an hard job, but didn't the rest of the world worked as hard too?

How do you explain that you have lots of problems with guns, yet you are still allowed to use them, but the rest of the world, where those who have licenses are allowed to carry them (in some countries), but there aren't so many problems.

So, why do you love guns so much? Are they really into you? Do they give you a feeling of power? Destruction?

Or are you just scared of being robbed?

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm some people have guns because they make them feel safer. i personally feel safe with my fists. the reason our government allows us to have guns is most likely because the founding fathers thought guns were nessicary for someone to defend imself and his family. i personally like the cowboy times. if you had a problem with someone you could settle it without the cops getting up yor ass. we just never took away the right to bear arms, and im thankful for that. i honestly have no answer for you.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Nononono they're scared a terrorist might pop up out of nowhere.

The US's gun laws are lax, and guns protect you well, so the people say, use it!

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
That was the basic princple behind "Bowling for columbine" Americans are scared, they get guns because they are avaliable and they fill the need to protect themselves, if one person gets a gun another person will they fill the need to be protected, it seems to make people equal. A big huge 300lbs guy could normalluy kick the shit out of me, but if we have guns it is just a matter of who has beter aim, so for protection purposes it is an equalizer, but I have no clue why are murder rate is so high.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Because you sell guns to psychopats, lunatics, murderes, and guys of that kind?

You can't just give guns to everyone, that's too stupid to be true, but it is... And there are other ways to handle things but violence. Too bad you don't know how to use them. It works overhere some times. Times enough.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The original right to bear arms was probably written into the Constitution to insure that we would have enough people to join militias and defend our country. With our current armed forces status, the right isn't really necessary, but any move to limit it will be taken as a move to take away the "God given right" to kill each other with guns...

evlnightking

Member!
Reaction score
Website
members.fortunecity.com
Not everyone who has committed murder has been a psycopath, lunatic, or sometimes even a guy. The only correct thing in that whole sentence was murderers, and, at the time they were most likely not even murderers. Most of the time they are normal people until something sets them off, or it is a mistake. Next time don't generalize so widely.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You don't want me to write the whole phone book of the USA and point the probable murderers, do you?

That was the worst off topicness I've ever seen in the Arcane Sanctuary.

I mean, people still die, I don't care if it was a 3 years old lad or a 110 old female hockey player.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Where do most gun related crimes take place? Cities. Big urban areas. Who commits most of these crimes (and shooting some asshole tryin to rob your house doesn't count)? Gang members.
What do gangs thrive on, where they get their money? Mostly from illegal drugs.

http://www.ncpa.org/pi/crime/oct97a.html

So in lamen's terms, legallize drugs (and regulate them of course), destroy the gangs supply of money, violent crimes drop...a lot.

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Most Americans don't have guns. So generalizing all Americans as gun users is kind of biased.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As a member of the NRA, I'm going to have to disagree with you all.

I would type out why, but you're a bunch of pre-teens and I don't care.

Jen-Jen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To legally carry a gun around here you have to have a liscence. In order to obtain that liscience you must go through tests like safety and everything and have a completely background check done. I'm pretty sure if you murder someone and apply for any weapon liscence later in life you wouldn't get it. And I don't think cowboys thought they could do just anything. I mean, you try walking around with a bunch of cattle for months at a time and when you reach a city not hit on the first lady you see. You kind of have that whole media view of the wild west going.Anyway, guns are convient because we don't have to worry about blood staining our hands when we kill the person, not to mention there's little to no effort in using a gun as compared to killing someone with a knife.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Jen-Jen
Anyway, guns are convient because we don't have to worry about blood staining our hands when we kill the person, not to mention there's little to no effort in using a gun as compared to killing someone with a knife.
Who says I kill people with my guns?

Jen-Jen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The ultimate reason that the gun was created for combat was to kill a person.If it wasn't then we wouldn't use them in things such as war.

And if you don't like killing people, maybe you hunt animals. You'd much rather not get animal guts all over like you would with a sword or knife you if you can shoot something far away and stay clean.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The ultimate reason that the gun was created for combat was to kill a person. If it wasn't then we wouldn't use them in things such as war.
But I'm sure you're aware that many Americans own guns, but they never intend to use them on a person.

Jen-Jen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm also sure if a person had to, they would use thier gun to kill the person over a knife/sword because it is fast, accurate, and the better weapon. It's just easier to kill person because it is a machine. It works the same way as you'd(using the word you in general) use a pully to get the job done faster over lifting it yourself.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm also sure if a person had to, they would use thier gun to kill the person over a knife/sword because it is fast, accurate, and the better weapon. It's just easier to kill person because it is a machine. It works the same way as you'd(using the word you in general) use a pully to get the job done faster over lifting it yourself.
So your point is that since guns make killing people easier, we should ban them?

Jen-Jen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, because it's human nature to kill. Society already pretty much denies us of that, but it's an opinion I rather not get into.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, because it's human nature to kill. Society already pretty much denies us of that, but it's an opinion I rather not get into.
What does that have to do with the thread topic? You saying that ppl own guns because it's in their nature to kill, and that's why we like them so much?