Why are Americans in love with their guns?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seamus
Well saying that all americans love guns and that "cowboys" were all a bunch of idiots is demeaning. Self-Security is not really an excuse..if you walked in New York City or Boston and someone cornered u in an alley or sometihng you wouldnt want anything to defend yourself? You are probablly not an american citizen, or if you are you are an un-educated one. Its a constitutional right to bear arms. of the first 12 ammendments to the constitution 10 of them were ratifyed to make the bill of rights. The second Amendment guarentees americans the right to serve in a state militia and bear arms. If someone has already discussed this i didnt bother checkin all 100 posts so sorry lol. Where are you from tronga?

I'm not from USA, right. I am from Portugal.

But, just because laws allow you to use guns, doesn't mean everyone has to have it. They allow it here too (with license, though, and it's changing, more strict, luckly), and few people have it.

That's just what I wanted to ask. Why do you love them so much. Because you do.

And to defend yourself, you'll have to denfnd yourself from an handgun, most times, so, allowing guns works either to the robbers as to the robbed.

Don't enter into the knife affair, I'm talking with fire weapons here.

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
That's just what I wanted to ask. Why do you love them so much. Because you do.
Well before this turned into an anti-gun pointless argument thread, I was going to answer your question. I think I'll give it a shot now that I've given the argument portion of this thread a break. And if someone has already posted why they think Americans love guns, and they give the same reasons I do, then just nod and smile at me like you do with your grandparents.

I think Americans "love" guns so much because it's a part of our lifestyle. I grew up hunting and shooting, my father grew up hunting and shooting, ect. ect. It's been part of my lifestyle for all my life, and I hope to keep it that way.

I personally enjoy the freedom of responsibly owning a gun, and I think that if everyone was educated on proper gun use, and everyone stored their firearms correctly, they could be a testament to this country's freedom. I personally think we need more laws controlling exactly how guns are to be stored, bought, and regulated, but not an outright ban on guns.

Now I'm going to stop talking because this thread is long enough as is.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
OK, so if guns were suddenly illegal, our murder rate would plummet right? WRONG! look at australia and the UK, the firearms death rate actually ROSE when those countries banned basicallly anything that wasnt single-shot with a 26in barrel. Suddenly criminals had no fear that the poor farmer down the road would start blasting if they groped his daughter. If you even TRIED to ban guns in the USA it would kick off WW3, and I'd be right there on the front lines baby!
:shoot
NO way the thread starter is american, or has read any american history

You can take my taco, but youll never get my gun, or my freedom, long as my ammo holds out

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by BluddLuSt4Life
NO way the thread starter is american, or has read any american history
Indeed, I am not American, that's why I asked that question...

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
or maybe...we like guns so much because many americans feel insecure and that police cannot handle a situation the right way. So, if a guy broke into your house(in usa), you may think, ive got stuff i want to protect so im gona kill him! and run down and put 3 caps in his head when it turns out the burgler was your brother or a close relative whom needed somewehre to stay and just broke into your house. Now, most burglers these days do NOT want confrontation with people around where they be working. And they also hit places they think are empty. Why? because they are more scared of us than we are of them. If i came running downstairs with a shoe, i bet hed run like i had a nuclear warhead aimed at his head. So really, guns are only for sport or show. Id prefere to walk around with a knife than a gun anyways. If you get cornered in a dark alley which you should never have been in, and a guy pulls a gun on you, why waste either life? just give him your money and your done with that. Infact, most people nowadays only carry 10-30 dollars in their wallets/purses because its just stupid to carry around more than $50 cuz credit cards and checks have replaced that system. Ok, what if you dont have a check or credit card? well, your screwed and just get a good id of the guy and waltz over to the local police station.