Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Feedback owns defilers ;)

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i forgot about the infested they would be very powerful.
lol man i remember playing one game and he sent in lurkers with swarm. i got my reavers to blow them up, and then at the corner of the screen i saw 2 defilers. so isent my zeal to kill them. i think he got mad cuz of that lol

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ReiGn said:
Splash damage ignores swarm, so reavers and tanks make short work of lings even under swarm.
Exactly---well Almost Exactly! :D --- what I said in:

Bomba923 said:
But reavers? That actually may work!--but provided I don't spread apart my units (the army).
Reavers and Tanks deal explosive damage, but Lings are small nice units (although is DM considered large??). So the DMatrix decreases only by 43 HP (since tanks deal 85 exp. damage, 50% to small units) from tanks, and by 63 HP from reavers (125 exp. damage, 50% dmg 2sml units).

Reavers, Like I said, may actually work. But then you need multiple reavers, if I spread my units/
Tanks might not be a good idea---since my Lings can reach them and they can't attack me. Even if I can't reach your tanks, I'll attack your buildings or army. In that case, your Tanks' splash damage will hurt your structures or kill the army which my Melee Lings would attack. The same goes for Psionic Storm (it'll hurt ur units as well), but it doesn't hurt buildings (like plague does) (so your're cool with bunkers i guess)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Reavers do normal damage.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
Reavers do normal damage.
According to http://www.battle.net/scc/protoss/pstats.shtml and http://www.battle.net/scc/protoss/units/reaver.shtml , you're right indeed!

(which means Prima's Strategy Guide for Brood War has a TYPO!, 'cuz mine says that the Reaver's "attack value is limited against some units"---and NORMAL attack isn't limited by any unit!)
---------------------------------------------------
Indeed, reavers do have normal damage (unless SC Compendium is Wrong, which I highly doubt. Which means that Prima is wrong!)
---------------------------------------------------
Then, however:
1) (I was wrong) And it would take 2 Scarabs to destroy a single D-matrix.
2) Splash-damage may damage other DM's closeby.
3) The key to surviving enemy reavers with 12DM-Lings is spreading out the army.

Because, like I said,
Bomba923 said:
But reavers? That actually may work!--but provided I don't spread apart my units (the army).
However, the whole "spreading apart" thing may still work---but Not as well as I previously thought (perhaps as a general rule for using the 12DM Zergling strat). Then again, just another caution when using the 12DM Zergling move--I mean, you won't have multiple reavers at EVERY outpost, will you?
-------------------------------------------------------
(But as a side question tho: would the 12 DM "Scourge"--not Ling--thing be a good idea?)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, it isn't that wrong. Reavers' attack damage is limited against air units.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
Well, it isn't that wrong. Reavers' attack damage is limited against air units.
Then why doesn't Prima say the same ("attack value is limited against some units") in the unit description of Zealots or Dark Templar ? Both Reavers and these units can only attack ground.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Toss that Prima Guide in the trash. That thing was made BEFORE the game actually came out. Which was 7 years ago. Things changed ALOT.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
terran serg is more powerful.
terran pro can be countered no matter what they do. carriers with scourge, arbiter with scourge, dt with overlord, reavers with lockdown or siegetanks and hydras. blablabla. the list is endless. medics can heal serg making them seemingly indestructible and since zerg is good at offensive and terran at defense there is a balance.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Bomba923 said:
Just between these two limited combinations (teams), who would win:
Terran+Zerg vs. Terran+Protoss ? (terran+zerg team versus the terran+protoss team)
---------------
I.e., TZ vs. TP ...which would WIN?

If they were robots and did the same thing as the opposing team, it would be terran protoss, this is out of experiance..