Which would win?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bomba923 said:
The 12 DM Zergling Trick:

1) Take 2Hatcheries and 3Science Vessels:
2) Order the hatcheries to make zergling eggs,
3) shortly BEFORE each egg hatches, use the science vessels and put a defense matrix on EACH egg.
4) Wait a second or less...
5) Two zerglings will pop-out of each egg...and they'll BOTH have that defense matrix thing on them!
6) 6eggs worth in two hatcheries will make "12 Defense-Matrixed Zerglings--"

With Medics+Dark Swarm, how shall you stop them?

Defense Matrix grants +250HP to any unit. Zerglings have 25 HP. How will you stop 12 Zerglings with 275HP each under Dark Swarm with Medics?
35 hp actually :D

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NtRik_ said:
35 hp actually :D
?? Ok, Zerglings have 35 base HP. With D-Matrix, they gain 250 HP and now have a total 285 HP.

How then will you stop 12 Zerglings with 285 HP each?

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ReiGn said:
And if maelstorm disappers, just cast another.

and while your at it you can feedback the medics as well.
Not when my Sci-Vessels EMP shockwave those precious dark archons (which I would have blinded anyway).
Fine. No medics. But you still have 12 Zerglings with DM to deal with, and everything else I throw out.

(sorry sorry I double-posted! But I can't delete this post! (moderator?))

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Then i feedback the sci vessels, lol. and emp is really easy to dodge.

Reavers/storm should be enough for your dm'ed lings.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
well doesnt arbitar's statis field work on them? Im going to be bit theory craft here, but while they're frozen you can probly get tready for those lings or make another DA with maelstorm.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NtRik_ said:
well doesnt arbitar's statis field work on them? Im going to be bit theory craft here, but while they're frozen you can probly get tready for those lings or make another DA with maelstorm.
Wrong. Stasis Field wears off before D-Matrix does---

But reavers? That actually may work!--but provided I don't spread apart my units (the army).

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bomba923 said:
?? Ok, Zerglings have 35 base HP. With D-Matrix, they gain 250 HP and now have a total 285 HP.

How then will you stop 12 Zerglings with 285 HP each?
You do realize that 12 lings ain't nothing, right? I mean this zerg we're talking about here. The point is: 12 lings won't accomplish anything, but get you killed.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix2003 said:
You do realize that 12 lings ain't nothing, right? I mean this zerg we're talking about here. The point is: 12 lings won't accomplish anything, but get you killed.
12 Lings won't kill an army, but they may kill a base. OBVIOUSLY they won't kill your air fleets, but they'll wreak havoc on bases and your ground units, with their 285HP. And no buildings means gg! (Unless you play Terran, and decide to lift up and fly your buildings!, but then I'll have scourges+wraiths (and hopefully some BCs!))

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
12 lings with matrix can't destroy a whole base. unless your opponent is a retarded newb. seriously what can 12 lings do against an entire army? a few archons can kill them even with matrix.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
All right, if you insist on it:

You can maelstrom 12 zerglings, that will stop them time enough to be blown away by tanks, storm, stimed marines, etc. Same for scourges.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
All right, if you insist on it:

You can maelstrom 12 zerglings, that will stop them time enough to be blown away by tanks, storm, stimed marines, etc. Same for scourges.
Even if they each have D-Matrix, I suppose;
right?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bomba, there's really no way in hell that you'll be able to DM every single zergling and scourge unless the terran partner makes nothing except SV. And DM costs 100 mana. So that's 2400 worth of mana.(12 scourge and 12 lings)

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds retarded. There's even the chance those SVs get killed before casting it. Oh well.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix2003 said:
Bomba, there's really no way in hell that you'll be able to DM every single zergling and scourge unless the terran partner makes nothing except SV. And DM costs 100 mana. So that's 2400 worth of mana.(12 scourge and 12 lings)

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds retarded. There's even the chance those SVs get killed before casting it. Oh well.
??? You'll need only 3 SV with 200 mana each to make 12 DM Zerglings! Just DM each EGG, and you ALREADY get TWO (2) DM Zerglings!

If you want TWELVE DM Zerglings, you need SIX Eggs, and THREE SV's, because each SV can cast TWO DMs.

THUS, 12 DM Zerglings means 600 MANA!
---------------------------------------------------
Just do the math!----:
1 DM on 1 Egg = 100 mana
6 Eggs = 12 Zerglings
THUs, 6 Eggs * 100 mana per Egg = 600 mana for 6 Eggs = 600 mana for 12 Zerglings
--------------------------------
Btw, you DO know that each egg makes TWO zerglings, right???
YOu do know that a DM on an egg means a DM on the two Zerglings that come out, right?
---------------------------------------------------------
Phoenix2003 said:
So that's 2400 worth of mana.(12 scourge and 12 lings)
Remember the math? 12 Zerglings means 600 mana!! Which means 3 SV's!
If you want 12 Zerglings and 12 Scourges, you need 1200 mana, which means 6 SV's (cuz you DM each EGG, not Ling/Scourge. Think EGGS, not LINGS!!!)

Of course, how will you make SIX (6) SV's ?? You can't! Unless you're on a money map and you got StarPorts to spare!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
***That's why you either make 12 Lings OR 12 Scourges, NOT both!!

And Three (3) SV's is NOT an impossible task :D ! Also, two hatcheries are also possible :D !

Put them both together, you get 12 DM Zerglings OR 12 DM Scourges--NOT BOTH! Either one...or the other~!
------------------------------------------------------------------
And That's the 12 DM Zergling OR 12 DM Scourge strategy.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:

no phoenix, he said if you do DM on the egg just as it turns into ling, you'd get 2 lings with dm...

and you know well fully upgraded lings are pretty scary, even the ones with cracks and 3 upg armor would kill alot of things,

never underestimate the power of lings, you can do wonders with those little guys.

anyways, I have a question about defence matrix thingy
doesnt it add 50 armor to your unit? Meaning your ling will have just 35 hp with 53 armor when fully upgraded?

or am I just newb that still doesnt know how it works..

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i vote for terran zerg team.
terran has tons of medics to help hydras and what not. ghost to lockdown big boys. swarm an area with firebats until it would be powerful. bc devours with wraiths :)

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NtRik_ said:
no phoenix, he said if you do DM on the egg just as it turns into ling, you'd get 2 lings with dm...
Finally some understands!

NtRik_ said:
anyways, I have a question about defence matrix thingy
doesnt it add 50 armor to your unit? Meaning your ling will have just 35 hp with 53 armor when fully upgraded?

or am I just newb that still doesnt know how it works..
Well, according "SC Compendium" for the SV on www.battle.net at http://www.battle.net/scc/terran/us.shtml , the unit gain 250 HP when DM is cast on it, BUT...each hit means you lose 1 HP from the base HP. So a fully upgraded Zergling with DM-Matrixed has 35HP + 250HP = 285 HP. However, if a Zealot hits it once, it loses one HP from the base HP, so you'll have a 34 HP Zergling with defense matrix (a total of 284 HP).
...But,
1) Zerg heal naturally!
2) You have Medics! (when u play TZ)
3) Defilers w/ Dark Swarm

So, to kill a single Zergling with DM, you have to
1) Hit it 35 times very quickly before it heals 1 HP (b/c all Zerg units heal)
2) Concentrate fire so that even tho it heals itself, it won't be fast enough and you have to hit it more than 35 times! (maybe special ability?)
3) Waste a Yamato to destroy the DM (1 Yamato takes off 1 DM and gives 10 extra points of damage!)
4) NUKE
5) Spider Mines--two for each non-packed Zergling to disable DM
6) Infested Terran (Not if you play TerranToss! Only if you play TerranZerg!!)
--------------------------------------------
...But,
1) You'll have TWELVE....NOT Just ONE Zergling with DM!!
2) You'll have DARK SWARM--which might kinda complicate "concentrated fire"
3) You'll have Medics---they'll HEAL the Lings even faster! (and Restore the Lings from annoying Irradiation/Maelstrom)

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
betaalpha5 said:
i vote for terran zerg team.
terran has tons of medics to help hydras and what not. ghost to lockdown big boys. swarm an area with firebats until it would be powerful. bc devours with wraiths :)
Or Lockdown w/Mutas/Devourers/Valkyries, for that good air to air "punch" :)

(Ay!--another double-post. sorry sorry---ok, I just want to delete this post. plz...(no dbl posting, right?))

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Splash damage ignores swarm, so reavers and tanks make short work of lings even under swarm.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Storm kills under the swarm. In fact, whenever I see zerg using swarm against my protoss, I see it as a bullseye for psi-storm. There isn't much T can do about it except try to prevent defilers from casting the spell, which doesn't always work. Go High Templars.