Which would win?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Terran/Protoss would beat Terran/Zerg anyday. Why? Because in a battle like that would depend more on skills and spells than in numbers alone. And, despite Zerg does have some great spells, they are easily countered by one of the other teams.

For example, both the Science Vessel (mana killer) and the Dark Archon (spellcaster assassin) are great counterspell units. As for the Zerg, only the queen is good against organic ground spellcasters such as the High Templar.

We also have to count with the strenght of the Zealots, which can hold the enemy ultralisks and other melee units while the M&M/tanks support fires without suffering damage. And, of course, medics can heal zealots, as they can heal zerg. Even with Dark Swarm, zealots are also helped by it, and storm can rip anything below it.

Nevertheless, it also depends on the timing of the game. In a rush, TZ would own TP, because of the cheer power of numbers. Unless the zerg was newb and didn't know how to micro.

However, that's a risky situation, because if the TZ is cornered while rushing, they might very well lose the entire game in some minutes.

Of course, TZ do have other chances, like Guardians protected by a buch of Devourers, Mutalisks, Wraiths, Valkyries, BCs for attracting fire, etc. However, storm can rip apart the air units, and if we add Irradiate to the equation, Zerg air equals zero.

This is all theorycraft, of course, and I'd very much like to see a situation where this happened, with four skilled players, to see the result.

Bomba923, multiple posting is not allowed. Since you're new, I'll let it pass and correct your mistake for you. Don't do it again, please.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
This is all theorycraft, of course, and I'd very much like to see a situation where this happened, with four skilled players, to see the result.
I once played TerranToss against TerranZerg...

*It was mid-late game, and everyone had almost every upgrade. With comsats/observers, I saw that the opponent was building tanks, hydras, mutas...everything they needed to kill me. Anyway, i started healing and rebuilding my army, along w/some bunkers and pht.canns. Unfortunately, their "24-Dmatrixed Zerglings", along w/hydras/tanks/lurkers crippled my defenses, and my every outpost. I took off some shields w/Irradiate and Scarabs...but they scourged my Science Vessels and tanked my reavers, and sent several infested terran w/def.matrix to my base. I was pretty much dead until...

Fortunately, I just completed my two nukes, and some arbiters cuz i wanted to "stasis" their army. They had detection, firepower..etc...and everything they needed to stop my nuke...

That's when it happened: I moved my arbiters to stasis some enemy detectors and two-thirds of their army...15real-seconds later, I took my ghost safely to that site...and nuked their army. (my stasis-effect came off just before the nuke landed) Only two enemy units escaped my nuke, and the enemies i did not stasis went back through their nydus canals, and started building their own base defenses. Next thing i did, i made some shuttles and a small army of my own. I recalled the shuttles into their home base with the arbiters. I immediately stasised my transports, and maelstromed some scourges. Then, just after my every arbiter, scout, and dark-archon was destroyed, I recalled a cloaked ghost. 10 Seconds later....BOOM! Their defenses destroyed, my shuttles perfectly preserved. By the time the enemy arrived, my army had destroyed 90% of their home base. Whatever they had left, I mind-controlled, and got two battleships. Even tho they got blinded by medics the second i mind-controlled them, my observers spotted them nydus canals...and the battlecruisers, even with 1 or 2HP, blasted those nydus canals before getting destroyed.
Oh yeah...they send 24 D-matrixed Zergling @me, with some scourges...but fortunately, i destroyed their last command centers and depots before i lost the game (i only had two pylons, one nexus. Cuz they lost those nydus canals, they couldn't get to my base in time, so i destroyed the only 4 buildings they had left.)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Uh, wait, what exactly is the map we're talking about here?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Tell me your facts please?
Irradiate, Maelstorm

works like a charm on those zargs :p

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Maelstorm + storm works better.

And i'm guessing the map is BGH?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, in that case, definitely PT would win. Zerg will get pwned early unless it's nr or something. Then again, anything can happen.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Perhaps just a technological advantage (but not sure!)

Mostly my opponents just kept rushing and expanding. They didn't bother to defend their main base, so I attacked it first. But then they attacked me (which meant gg), and so began the story in my previous post (about the arbiter-nuke tactic, that is)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The thing is that zerg is weak econ wise early game(whether we're talking money maps or not), so all the toss has to do is zealot rush him. That will pwn the zerg straight up if he doesn't pool first. If zerg does pool first then he's still behind and at a disadvantage.(the team is) It's the rush possiblities that make PT stronger than TZ. Again, I'm just speculating.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
The thing is that zerg is weak econ wise early game(whether we're talking money maps or not), so all the toss has to do is zealot rush him. That will pwn the zerg straight up if he doesn't pool first. If zerg does pool first then he's still behind and at a disadvantage.(the team is) It's the rush possiblities that make PT stronger than TZ. Again, I'm just speculating.
actually, if you just keep pushing with lings in early gam,e against toss, those zlot walls will eventually break through and toss will get ****ed.

then again, its team game :rolleyes so yea, I guess it all depends on what your enemy does, if terran just brings 6 medics and 12 rines stimed along with zlot rushes, guess you got your win right there :)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lots and probes own lings like no tommorrow. A rush from toss with a little help from terran. Maybe a bunker at Z's choke or somehting. Maybe I should play more 2v2s.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
lots and probes own lings like no tommorrow. A rush from toss with a little help from terran. Maybe a bunker at Z's choke or somehting. Maybe I should play more 2v2s.
I said that in 1v1 of Z vs P, if you see in Lost temple, protoss's zlot walls are bound to be broken when you keep sending masses of lings,

and you're right, in 2v2, support from terran will annihilate Zerg's base or the other terran's base, and I said that! :p

Medics + zlots and rines = :lucifer

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Maelstrom :p

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Psionic Storm, then.

Edit: Reavers can work too.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bomba923 said:
Perhaps TerranToss is indeed the superior team :D ;

How then would they counter the 12D-matrixed Zerglings/Scourges? (as seen on post#7 in this thread, http://www.battleforums.com/showpost.php?p=1098133&postcount=7)
Stimmed marines??? I'm not sure how you're gonna DM 12 lings and scourges. :rolleyes
An irradiated SV can also do the trick. Scourges and lings might die to splash.

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The 12 DM Zergling Trick:

1) Take 2Hatcheries and 3Science Vessels:
2) Order the hatcheries to make zergling eggs,
3) shortly BEFORE each egg hatches, use the science vessels to put a defense matrix on EACH egg.
4) Wait a second or less...
5) Two zerglings will pop-out of EACH egg...and they'll BOTH have that defense matrix thing on them!
6) 6 larvaes = 6 eggs in two hatcheries = "12 Defense-Matrixed Zerglings--"

With Medics+Dark Swarm, how shall you stop them?
Irradiation? Either I'll bring along medics w/Restoration, or I'll just spread out my army. Psionic Storm, especially b/c it doesn't stack, does nothing to my 275HP army. Maelstrom? D-Matrix lasts MUCH longer than that! (btw, my sci-vessels will prevent any of that maelstrom/psi-storm/stasis business!) Stasis-Field? Well, D-Matrix lasts longer than that as well! Stim-Packed Marines? They do nothing to my 275 HP army, especially when the zerglings get too close, or when my defiler pops a dark swarm! Firebats

Defense Matrix grants +250HP to any unit. Zerglings have 25 HP, and 25+250=275. How will you stop 12 Zerglings with 275HP each under Dark Swarm backed by Medics?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
ReiGn said:
Maelstorm + storm
And if maelstorm disappers, just cast another.

and while your at it you can feedback the medics as well.