The Dragonis War

Reaction score
((I meant it in the sense that being a Demon is the worse possible thing.))
She noticed Balthizar."Please leave him be for now...I don't know how much time I have left. Torque the truth is...the person I talked about before who owns me...my master....my master is Daemon." She looked him straihgt in the eyes. She was willing to take whatever retribution she deserved but she couldn't take lying to him.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque blinked in suprise when she said that her master was Daemon. A thousand questions and emotions ran through his mind at the one instant. He felt rage, confusion, terror, and abandon all at once. "For...For how long did you work for him? And why?" He asked, his voice a little shaky still from the shock of the news and he forced himself calm. "How long have you spied on me?" He asked her, his chesnut brown eyes locking into her's. He wasn't angry at her per say, but he hated being lied to.

Reaction score
"Ever since I was child I have been Daemon's tool....Think of me as a safe for his ultimate weapon..." She looked to the ground."I've been spying on you for a week before I met you. I didn't understand why....but I know now.Daemon plans to use you....but I won't let him. I'm running out of time before I am forced to return to him...I don't want to go back...I don't want to be an object anymore. I want to stay here with you.I want to be human. I want to feel things I feel now forever.Please don't make me go back." She was on her knees now bowing to him gripping the ground.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos was growing weary of all this standing around doing nothing. His strength having returned over the course of the walk to this town, he was itching for a battle.

He huffed and crossed his arms.

"So when are we going to actually go after Daemon? I'm getting bored."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque listened to the woman of his affection's words and thought them over. "I will not let him have you. You deserve to be free more than anyone." He said and gave a small smile. He then led her back to the inn where Thaltos was fidgeting impatiently. "Alright alright, big guy. We're leaving on the morrow. And folks around here say a band of highwaymen patrol the roads ahead." He said and then went to his own room to sleep. He didn't know if he should share a room with Asakai, this being his first love.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos smiled slightly. Highwaymen weren't very threatening prey, but hey...any pair of boots in a sewer beat going barefoot.

On his way to the inn to rest up a bit, he reached down and grabbed Balthizar by the scruff of the neck. Yanking him to his feet, he lightly slapped him conscious.

"Come on, you drunkard. Let's get some sleep. Tomorrow we get to kill something."

Reaction score
For once she felt light.The weight had been too much for her she figured this was the reasonign behind no emotion. When you didn't feel anything you couldn't bare any weight. She decided that she'd rathe be a weak human than feel nothing. She pulled out one of the books she'd gotten from the previous town sitting on her bed. Reading always took her mind off things afteralll it was rare for a woman to know how to read. She looked at a mirror in her room she had to admit she did look like a demon."Perhaps I should look human for the sake of this journey it might give me a chance to see what it would be to be human." She smiled and went to work in her spell scrolls.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar sniffled as he regained consciousness quickly, "Huh!? What!? What did I miss? You say battle!?" as his vision focused, he realized he was still in the alley, with Thaltos beside him.

"Thanks, could've been sleeping there for a long time, could've even been mugged." Balthizar smiled.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos chuckled.

"I almost wish you had been...would have given me something to do, saving your backside."

Clapping Balthizar on the back, he led him to the inn. After acquiring a pair of adjecent rooms, he saw Balthizar through the door to his room before turning to his own. "Sleep it off, friend. Tomorrow, we get to taste blood once more."

Reaction score
A young girl rushed down the hall smacking into Thaltos. She had long black hair and the brightest blue eyes."Oh...foregive me I...Thaltos?" She spoke looking at him.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, young one? How is that you know my name?"

A million possibilities for how the child may know him flitted through his mind...none of them flattering to him. Few people who recognized Thaltos were pleased about it. He had even heard that in some places mothers told stories of him as a sort of bogeyman--"Honor the Gods, lest Thaltos come for you"--...he could only hope that this child knew of him by way of more...pleasant...circumstances.

Reaction score
"Since when do you call me a child?" She glared at him."I guess it really did work....You really can't tell who I am." She smiled before waving her hand so she returned to her normal appearance."I guess I look really different human don't I ?" Asakai smiled at him smirking a bit.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque paced around his room, wondering what was going to happen tomorrow. Thaltos revealed himself to be a bit of a bloodthirster, Asakai was trying to change to a normal life, and Balthizar was just hungover. Torque pondered on what he would do if Daemon captured him. Daemon wanted Torque, or rather -- his sword. What if Daemon used Asakai or the others as bait? What if he forcibly controlled Torque to use it? He put a hand to his chin and thought. Would he be willing to sacrifice himself to keep his companions alive? No. Not before continuing his family line if Gai already hadn't. He would lay down his life for his friends, but his duty was to his family, and a Dragonis can only have one child. He sighed as the thoughts swam throug his head. Why am I worrying? I don't plan on dying just yet. Daemon can go to hell for all I care. He said and then sat on his bed.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
A voice floated through Torque's door: the same flat tone he had heard in the alleyway. Griffinhart. "How does he get around like that?" wondered Torque, listening to the warrior's words.

"Trusting her was a risky move, Dragonis. Remember, the best pawn is one that does not know it stands on a board. See to it that you know if you are."

((Yeah, I know, not posting a lot. Sorry, school's started and all that. I'll try and check at least every day, though. Can't promise I'll manage to make a meaningful post, though.))

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque grumbled at Griffinhart's words. He addressed the disembodied voice. "I chose to trust her, ancient one. And now that she's revealed the truth doesn't make me love her any less. But I just wonder what is going to happen to me from here on? I'm no leader, I just know this country better than the others." He said and grumbled again.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar transfered his voice into Torque's room, "If we are to keep her, we risk being backstabbed, if we are to make her go away, we risk her going back to Daemon and getting an army....decisions decisions..." Balthizar chuckled, he continued, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...." he laughed again.

Reaction score
She was about to make another smart remark when pain washed over her. She bit her bottom lip causing it to bleed as she pressed her left hand to the right sid eof her neck. Then it hit even harder her eyes grew large and she let a blood curdling scream fly from her it. It was a sound of pure torture of agonizing pain. She ended up not being able to keep standing and fell into Thaltos.Her eyes were wide and she was panting.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos caught the collapsing Asakai and held her up by the shoulders.

"Nice trick, but it seems to have its drawbacks...shit, I'd better get Torque."

Thaltos picked up Asakai, cradling her in his arms, and carried her to Torque's room. Upon reaching the door, he set her feet down and held her up with one arm as he used the other hand to pound on Torque's door.

"Hey, your girlfriend's having issues here!"