Temporal Disturbance

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
Still not sure of all that is happening around him at this point, William quickly looks up the stairs at Lunaster and down the stairs at the quickly descending cloaked figure and goes over everything he has heard so far and makes a decision.

William: Lunaster, I believe at this point that our cloaked companion may be in the right and I believe our best course of action is to follow him... that is unless you have a better idea of what to do.

After saying this, William begins to run down the stairs in pursuit of his cloaked "companion."

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Lunaster: William Dell. It is time to allow fate to carry you upon the wing-ed horse. *he smiles as he lifts himself into the air and looks around* Now then. Follow me, if you will.

Lunaster now follows as Destiny Bond and Lunabright continue to resonate. The three contained in two seem to be confering with the fourth who is three (yes, Lunaster is very confusing). Lunaster's wings seem to glow, but William Dell cannot tell how large they actually are -- though their full length is likely immessurable. (FYI: He has 12 pairs, or 24 total, wings)

Lunaster: We will find him soon enough.

As they come back to the bottom of the stairs, Lunaster smiles, then a deep frown takes his face (recall, however, that he holds no emotions). He rushes forward, grabbing at something as if grabbing at a neck. Milliw appears where Lunaster's hand is, wraped around Milliw's neck even. Lunaster releases him and grips Lunabright. Destiny Bond seems to protest, resonating for a second, but dies down.

Lunaster: Milliw. I have played this game long enough. Take use to Aevus.[/color]

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Looking at Lunaster, then back down at his feet, William sits and talks to himself quietly.

William: This is insane. Magic is still new to me and all of this time we have made seemingly little to no progress at all in this strange tower. Why are we here anyways, only a strange... man of some sort told us to come in here and an unknown voice beckons us to continue to him. I understand that we are trying to find this person but for what purpose and why must we be put through this puzzling situation, and what is the 4th path he speaks of. The strange man keeps mentioning time... my Temporal Training spoke of time as a 4th dimension... I wonder if that is the connection... but how, I have no idea.

After quickly getting back on his feet again, William yells to Lunaster.

William: Lunaster, I think I shall go up again, this mysterious tower puzzles me but I shall make it reveal its secrets to me or die trying. I think it is my destiny to be here and I must fulfill the destiny that has been given to me.

William, renewed with hope and determination, begins to run up the stairs to discover what awaits him next.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Lunaster: We do not mean to bring death to you.

Lunaster looks at Lunabright, almost disappointed in it's display. Destiny Bond resonates again as he changes his shape. He appears to be the Guiding Light -- a harmless sword that brings healing not harm.

Lunaster: I am sorry that the Brother did not show himself kindly. He is now a sword of healing. The Lovers are working on controlling his demon side the best they can. They will not allow harm to come to you.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Milliw: Death runs as life returns. The Heroes make peace. The Champion leaves us, we fetch him.

*William comes running up from a flight of stairs below them*

William: Odd, this isn't where I wanted to go.

Milliw: Stay you must.

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
William: Heh. I think I'm starting to understand this place. Then again I don't really know magic. I think I'll stay. It doesn't matter if I go up or down, I'll end up here again... at least I think so. This is strange magic indeed. I shall stand by your decision to stay here Lunaster. I don't like the sound of the situation though.

William draws his sword and readies his shield and prepares for anything to happen.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Lunaster kneels, as if in pain. Now it comes? Brother... Do not allow the demon side to grow too much. Lovers? What can be done...? William begins to appoach, but Milliw stops him.

Milliw: Death must be scared before life has ground to root.

William looks at the man in confussion as Lunaster lifts Lunabright and graps him with the armored hand with Destiny bond. They enhance the strength of the Guiding Light visage as Lunaster plunges it into his abdomen. A glowing aura surrounds him as he begins to feel peace return.

Lunaster: *standing* That was too close. Perhaps we should find Aevus no, Milliw.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Milliw: See him you must. Have you the means?

*he goes on babbling to himself*

Milliw: Ah! follow me!

*he disappears and reappears a little ways up the stairs*

Milliw: This Way Heroes!

*he disappears once again*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Lunaster gets up and releases Lunabrigh to return him -- the Brother -- to a point of light. Destiny Bond resonates as they -- the Lovers -- continue to control the demon residing within. A battle constantly raging with the Brother and his two halfs, as the Lovers try to quell the worst. William Dell and Dias look at him as he appears to converse with his counterparts -- though remaining silent. They eventually reach a point on the stairs, with Milliw constantly disappearing and reappearing, where Milliw looks quite a bit younger. Milliw then speaks, but very differently. He is more confident and intelligent now -- the wear of the Fourth Dimmension less upon him.

Milliw: Inside you will find my master. You will know his name as Aevus, and he will be your guide. Tread lightly, as you are upon a crevisice of thin ice, and a misstep will send you falling.

Milliw bows as he seemingly disappears. Lunaster approaches the door as it seems to be undone. He walks straight, and William Dell and Dias believe him to walk right through it. But, as they approach, they see what Lunaster saw. The door dissociates as thye walk where it once was. They see a pale visage before them, and orange lights swirling about it. Lunaster approaches, and he soon sees a man. The man they have been seeking.

Lunaster: Hello. Aevus.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: ok, Pyro, Kald, and Dark, you are all accepted, you will be waiting at the base of the tower for us.

BOT:
*Aevus looks up, but does not look at the heroes, but through and beyond. As he satnds his robes wave in an unseen wind*

Aevus: Seen your arrival have I. The Tailor of Fate I see no? And look, a champion of the Light. Followed by one who sees what may or may not be, but eventually comes to pass. Heard these words before have you not? I see more to accompany you, but not until my words ring true. A warrior of the shadows, a fiend of the flames, and one not known to me, once a king among those who are not men. Many others I see to aid you, but none as great as you three. Much things to speak of...

*his eyes flash with a green light as the tower shifts around you, Aevus again sits before you, but looking slightly different.*

Aevus (sounding sane): Now, down to business. A great Temporal Mage known as Surae has torn a rip in space/time and is summoning great forces of technology to his aid. Some of the greatest warriors were unable to fend off this invasion, including one of the subjects I frequenty keep tabs on. Perhaps you ahve heard of him, Ryu Amerese? *not pausing for an answer* Well anyhow, our first objective is to shut down these portals and close the rifts which he has opened and push back these mechanical abominations. Be warned, most of what you will see is beyond that of which you have ever seen before. Come, we must make haste.

*the tower dissolves from around you as you stand at its feet, three more await you, along with Milliw, looking quite strong and intelligent.*

Aevus: Well met Heroes, our task is at hand, to the city walls!

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
A great voice erupts from Murgle's stone lips.

"Hello fellow travellers, I hope I can learn to trust you in due time."

Murgles eyes narrow dangerously at the adventurers.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*Dark Blade looking around the room noting his warriors and seeing their strengths and weaknesses*

Dark Blade: Ryu....

*Remembering his fellow friend Ryu Amerese*

Dark Blade: What has happened to him?

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Aevus stops a few yards away and beckons to the others*

Aevus: I have lived for many an age, but now I am out of time. If you do not come now, niether will any of you.

*he bursts off down the main road out towards the main gate. Huge explosions begin to rock the city. The Temporal Tower becomes one with this time and topples to the ground. Milliw is crushed as he pushes Murgle and Vann out of the way.*

Milliw: Time has left me, god speed on your quest, heroes of time and fate. *coughs up nearly a pint of blood* You must not try, you MUST SUCCEED! *he coughs up a lot more blood and goes limp...the seventh casualty of the War Against Time*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Lunaster lifts to the air and flies off after Aevus at the same speed. Shortly thereafter (a mere few seconds), the rest of the party follow as quickly as they can.

Lunaster: *looking down to see Dark Blade keeping pace* Dark Blade.
Dark Blade: Yes?
Lunaster: Your friend and ally, Ryu Amerese, was one Aevus watches.
Dark Blade: Do you have a point?
Lunaster: Surae was able to continue his plans dispite Ryu's interferance.
Dark Blade: I see...
Lunaster: We must press forward.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Explosions continue to rock the city as the group of heroes arrive at the gates of the city.*

Aevus: Prepare yourselves for war!

*He runs straight through the closed gates. Moments later a bright orange flash can be seen on the opposite side of the wall. He pokes his head back through the door*

Aevus: You comming?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Lunaster: *behind Aevus* I only await you. The others are coming in quick succession.

The others stop running as they approach the gate. They walk through and observe the destruction wrought. Lunaster appears to begin to converse with Lunabright and Destiny Bond. He doesn't seem to do much of anything without first doing that.

Lunaster: We will press forward. We must for the temporal balance of this world, and all realms.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*As the others gaze upon the battlefield, they see great beasts of steel, like massive oxen roaming across the countryside*

Aevus: These are the war machines of the future, but if only Surae knew the power of what he could summon forth...

*His eyes flash with a green light as the entire battlefield is slowed to half speed and the group feel their speed increasing to twice the norm.*

Aevus: Even with heightened speed this battle will be a tough one. We will get no aid from Trand. If you believe within the powers you hold within, you shall accomplish whatever you aim towards.

*several men in strange armor begin running towards you at 1/4 your speed, they carry weapons which you do not recognize. They raise them and fire, small projectiles issue forth and you all dodge them, but just barely*

Aevus: Into the fray!

Status
Not open for further replies.