STARCRAFT what race do you mainly use?

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah. Mean. Like a fox! Or . . . well, you get what I'm saying.

I should have gone after Nuke and delivered the coup de grace early on in that game, since you were already attacking him. But I went after you instead, giving Nukes a chance to regroup, so it's your fault I lost, darn your soul! I hope you're real proud of yourself, Bucko Johns . . .

I shall have my revenge, sweet and cold like a delicious Cookiepuss!

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
Anytime, Bucko Johns. Anytime. Your hollow bravado doesn't fool me.

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
Just so you know, my vengeance can be enacted later in the evenings and late at night, which is when I'm usually on.

Bring it on, Bucko Johns.

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
Or in my case, with hydra spines flaring.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
For newbies and intermediate, i think people flock towards Protoss and Zerg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protoss has powerful beginning game (honestly, Zealots OWN)...

Zerg has a good rebuild speed and just mass units really fast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protoss needs 1 Probe to build with.

Zerg just builds with a Drone and forgets about it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both races are easy to defend with, (cannons, lurkers, whatever)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terran is honestly quite difficult. Terrans have to either wall up with Depots and tech up to Factory really fast, or just make alot of M&Ms (good, but crap against Lurkers, even Zealots). Terran has to keep repairing their Supply Depots, and managing SCVs for Refineries and building and all that stuff. They got to micromanage their M&Ms and build Tanks and siege them, and micro their Vultures and Its JUST TOO MUCH WORK. Personally, I love Terran, but I just lack the concentration and reaction to control them. Terran has a beautiful variety of units, but its just easier to mass with the other races...

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree with you, Terran is probably the most difficult race to use to maximum effect, but potentially the most powerful. Science Vessels? My God, they're devastating . . .

One thing I've noticed, though (or maybe it's just me), is that the Zerg, ironically, are the most difficult to effectively rush with. Beginning portions of the game are a struggle to balance economy with defense for the slavering beasts, especially with the advent of M&M. Lurkers are really the Zerg's only saving grace against M&M. (And Lurks + Dark Swarm are the shiznit, yo.)

ThingInTheCoat

Member!
Reaction score
I was halted from the battlefied by my internet.
Lies and blasphemy!

By the way, what is you current race of choice, Darkmatter?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I usually play Humans or protoss.

GoVi

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
I tend to use zerg or toss most of the time
terran seems too weak to me

lil-zen

Reaction score
straight up either toss or zerg

protoss:

24 gateways, 12 robotics facility, 12 stargates

zerg:

as many hacheries as possible, early hydralisk rush, with fully uped lings, later on i go with muts and gaurds, unbeatale nucca!!

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
TOSS, this way I can MC and play all 3 :)

KCspdracer

Member!
Reaction score
re

Protos-Hard hiting units. 12 Zealots can be tough to stop. Expensive units though.

Zerg-Good for resource war. Can wear down opponents easily. Siege tanks and Reavers cause problems for them.

Humans-Good for a defensive battle with bunkers and siege tanks. Battlecruisers rule. Nukes! Micro-managing can be a pain.

I mostly use the humans. They dont have the punch of the Protoss or be able to mass produce units like the Zerg. But to me they're more fun to use. Plus they have nukes!

Bizzy Bone

Premium Member
Reaction score
i use protoss, but their starting to get boring, i wanna learn zerg but...sc is getting boring overall

terran is awesome, marines and medics with tanks and a vessel or two are good.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
IMO nukes aren't used most of the time. Unless...nuke rush :O.