Just curious, How long did it take you to reach level 60?

jmsben12

Reaction score
A friend of mine got it on release and still hasn't reached 60, while the rest of our friend circle is on a short Diablo III hiatus. To each his own I guess, if he enjoys Hardcore mode then it's up to him.

How long did it take you guys?

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
It only took me a week. But that was during the x8 Azmodan Glitch runs. It took me a few days to get to 40, and then 1 day from 40-60

alighieri00

Reaction score
Generally I hit 60 (have leveled a few toons) by the time I'm just finishing Act 3, Hell difficulty. It takes about 5-6 hours each play through: A little over an hour each act I-III, and then another 45 minutes for act IV. So, about 15-20 hours in game time to reach level 60, assuming you don't abuse any exploits. Though I think they've gotten rid of most of those.

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
Though I think they've gotten rid of most of those.
Although some still do exist, for the majority of the exploits, they are no longer working or have been fixed in some way.

I remember the two day craze over resplendent chests in A2. Friends got over 100 legendary items just to have them all taken away. Crazy..

Snrm

Gaming since 1993
Reaction score
I didn't use any glitches and I hit level 60 on the third act of Hell difficulty. When I go to my character it says I logged 40 hours of gameplay with my Witch Doctor. I feel like that is an insane amount of time compared to other people. I guess it still counts playtime if you leave the game on sometimes, like I do.

fred87nc

Member!
Reaction score
I'm still stuck on level 38 and logged in over 20 hours. Beat the game on normal difficulty and been taking things slow since then. Kept dying a lot with my glass cannon demon hunter but got that fixed with better gear.

klarawoodenjr

Reaction score
I'm busy farming and still level 26. I have already played 15 hours with my monk. I might need a guide for leveling up and grinding.

Vigorix

Reaction score
I think it took me a little over 40-50ish hours to get my barbarian to level 60. My wizard on the other hand was a lot easier to progress through the game. I spent about 30ish hours to get my wizard to inferno/level 60. I have finished act i & ii on my wizard but I am now stuck at act iii. I don't know why, but for some reason my game tends to lag a lot during act iii. I feel like it might be because of the particle system they use in the third act, like the constant snow fall.

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
Since I got the game at release and had never played D2 I feel it took me longer. It took my about a week of playing without any experience bonuses other than a socketed helm. However, I think now following a few guides it would only take me a couple of days.

TNDO17

Reaction score
I'm not really a hardcore Diablo 3 player so it took me about 3 weeks to reach 60. I mostly played in evenings when I was bored and played with my friends so it mostly turned out into laughing at each other and trying to get each other killed. :D I am sure if I played seriously I could get 60 in a week or so.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
I reached Level 60 after about 25-30 hours in the game but that was probably because I was too busy farming! Alot of my friends reached their relatively quick because of the x8 Azmodan Glitch runs.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Took me about 3 weeks to do it. Although I left eh country in the middle for 3 weeks so if you count that too it took a total of 6 weeks.

Esperahol

Reaction score
I guess maybe 40 hours including farming and 25 without. I really couldn't care less though, because I will not return to the madness of my previous obsession.

WhiteNelumbo

Member!
Reaction score
About 40 hours for my Demon Hunter. The hours were spread out over the week, with a majority of the hours within the first 3 days. I ran through Normal, Nightmare, and Hell without grinding at one particular spot. I'm not sure if that's how other people are doing it to hit 60 faster. I'm currently leveling up my Wizard. I'm looking at around 40 hours also. I'm considered slow, I guess. This gets really tedious after a while.

Winterzbane

Reaction score
I would consider myself a hardcore player one of those guys that takes a few days off when a game like this or a WoW expansion releases. With that said my first character was a Demon Hunter that took 57 hours and the course of a week to complete. My second was a Barb 49 hours and 5 days, and last but not least my wizard which took 3 days and only 37 Hours

1st DH = 57hrs
2nd Barb = 49hrs
3rd Wiz=37hrs

However a great deal of the hour drop in my leveling time was simply me getting more familiar with the game, it's mechanics, and the general course and layout of the game to cruise through it quicker.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Stopped playing after level 32, when I beat the game. Still pretty mad about the whole ordeal. But after they patch it up, I will return!

Winterzbane

Reaction score
Mad about what the story or the fact you only hit lvl 32 by the end of your first run through? If it's the later I'm going to guess you never played Diablo 2 thoroughly cause it was the same case in that game. Honestly 1-30 is a cake walk in normal difficulty the game doesn't really start to get hard until the third playthrough in hell when the champion packs have three affixes.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mad about what the story or the fact you only hit lvl 32 by the end of your first run through? If it's the later I'm going to guess you never played Diablo 2 thoroughly cause it was the same case in that game. Honestly 1-30 is a cake walk in normal difficulty the game doesn't really start to get hard until the third playthrough in hell when the champion packs have three affixes.
I never played Diablo 2, and that is the problem with the arguments... people assume that players should have known that you would just be repeating the storyline. For me and many other people, we aren't motivated in the same way, I don't care about repeating the exact same storyline with the difficulty just being increased. For me the storyline wasn't compelling enough on its own to replay. And for me, multiplayer dynamic action is what gets me to stay with a game after I finished the storyline, not replaying the campaign over and over but increasing the difficulty. Diablo III has none of that and Blizzard wasn't cautious enough to let new gamers know that. I think that pissed off about 30% of their customers. They shouldn't have expected D2 to let people know that considering that fan base is roughly 10 years old and there has been a massive shift in the gamebase.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I never played Diablo 2, and that is the problem with the arguments... people assume that players should have known that you would just be repeating the storyline. For me and many other people, we aren't motivated in the same way, I don't care about repeating the exact same storyline with the difficulty just being increased. For me the storyline wasn't compelling enough on its own to replay. And for me, multiplayer dynamic action is what gets me to stay with a game after I finished the storyline, not replaying the campaign over and over but increasing the difficulty. Diablo III has none of that and Blizzard wasn't cautious enough to let new gamers know that. I think that pissed off about 30% of their customers. They shouldn't have expected D2 to let people know that considering that fan base is roughly 10 years old and there has been a massive shift in the gamebase.
It would have been cool if they did something new with this installment and made the storyline change for each difficulty. They spent enough time developing it, they could have done it.

mog240

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure, definitely somewhere around 40+ hours for my first barb, which was quite a long time since I was playing on and off rather than powering through the game in a day.