Hitler

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by x42bn6
Hitler was good in the fact he could very well have ruled the world. God bless America for that.....

He also cared for his people (minus Jews, alas), which proves he had some kindness. He also was willing to help the Germans out of the recession.

Unfortunately, he was kinda greedy. Not to mention a tyrant.
You forgot Russia, and UK who contributed, just as much and in case of Russia more to the German defeat

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Otmorozok
You forgot Russia, and UK who contributed, just as much and in case of Russia more to the German defeat
Why did you revive this? Odd...

But...uhh....Hitler wasnt a genius. He was far from one. He made some of the dumbest mistakes of modern warfare.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lights
Why did you revive this? Odd...

But...uhh....Hitler wasnt a genius. He was far from one. He made some of the dumbest mistakes of modern warfare.
Are you nuts? Hitler wasn't just a mastermind in the strategy department, but he was also brilliant when it came to brutalizing the appeasement policy (An idea that basically said that Hitler would eventually stop annexing territory) and utilizing propoganda.

One word: Blitzkrieg.

I'm not saying that Hitler was perfect, he did have his waterloo's, such as his reluctance to attack the city of Dunkirk when he could have slaughtered 300,000 British and French soldiers, but overall, he was pretty damn good.

Ghist

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, Nazi German would have easily won the war if they wouldn't have had so many enemys.

I personaly think that Finnish army was one of the greatest at that time. They had crappy weapons, only a few tanks etc., but they still basicly kicked Russians ass, even tough they lost the war.

Russians had 4000 cannons, 2000 tanks, 1000 airplanes, and an army of half million men.
Finns had 280 cannons, few tanks, 60 airplanes, and 300 000 men.
And Russians still couldn't beat them.

I've also read that one of the Finnish generals got shot a shitload of times and almost got killed a few times, but he always wen't back.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Rygon
Are you nuts? Hitler wasn't just a mastermind in the strategy department, but he was also brilliant when it came to brutalizing the appeasement policy (An idea that basically said that Hitler would eventually stop annexing territory) and utilizing propoganda.

One word: Blitzkrieg.

I'm not saying that Hitler was perfect, he did have his waterloo's, such as his reluctance to attack the city of Dunkirk when he could have slaughtered 300,000 British and French soldiers, but overall, he was pretty damn good.

No, he had brilliant advisors and officials; when he listened to them he did great, when he went by his own judgement it was normally a disaster. Hitler was a great speaker. He could get people to do whatever he wanted. Yes. He could just do little by himself.

For instance, he was sooo sure he thought that D-Day would be at the Pas-de-Calais, that at Normandy they had very little defence.

After that, apparantly thinking too hard, he decided to use his superior bombers to bomb London. Ok..great. They might have a few less department stores (most of his bombs hit fields), but it had very little military importance. The attack could have been used to help the German cause 1634x better, had Hitler not been so overcome with revenge that he "had" to do it against London. Not to mention 6 of his 10 bombers were destroyed.

Time and time again Hitler forced his men to do attacks that couldnt be done. Attacks that would hurt more than help. He was so distrustful and paranoid of his officers that he wouldnt listen to them. The German command structure was weak..All hail Hitler for it too.

Ghist

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
At least Hitler was mastermind in politics and genocide.

When Finns bought weapons from Nazi German, Hitler made it so that others would look Finns as their allies.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Finns were Germanies allies, they allied with Germany so it would help them fight of USSR who was invading them at the time.

Magikarp

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ghist
At least Hitler was mastermind in politics and genocide.

When Finns bought weapons from Nazi German, Hitler made it so that others would look Finns as their allies.
You really like the Finns don't you ;) .

Originally posted by Lights
After that, apparantly thinking too hard, he decided to use his superior bombers to bomb London. Ok..great. They might have a few less department stores (most of his bombs hit fields), but it had very little military importance. The attack could have been used to help the German cause 1634x better, had Hitler not been so overcome with revenge that he "had" to do it against London. Not to mention 6 of his 10 bombers were destroyed.
True, but did you know that Hitler meant to cause as few casualties as possible because the British were part of the supposedly superior "Aryan" race? He was fairly concious that he could be doing far greater damage, but he was caught off guard by the British resistance. Still, that was a big mistake, like you said.

Hitler had some good war policies and he did implement the blitzkrieg, but as Ghist said, he was talented when it came to politics. He was arrogant as well, which can often be a good thing.

Heh, my dad was listening to The Savage Nation, a conservative radio talk program. The host said, jokingly, that if Hitler ever settled down and had a nice, big, juicy red steak with some red wine, he wouldn't have been so angry. Lol.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Guru? Long time no see. How the hell did you get 3564 posts? You weren't here for ever.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Rygon

True, but did you know that Hitler meant to cause as few casualties as possible because the British were part of the supposedly superior "Aryan" race?
Exactly. He was insane. :rolleyes

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If he was insane then he wouldnt have become the leader of Germany. He found a story by which he could control German people, and if he went against the believes he himself spread amongst his people, then all of his system would fall on top of him.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If he was insane then he wouldnt have become the leader of Germany. He found a story by which he could control German people, and if he went against the believes he himself spread amongst his people, then all of his system would fall on top of him.

Notice the ":rolleyes", yea, only kidding. I know he wasnt clinicaly insane. He was crazy though. ^^

Ghist

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Finns were Germanies allies, they allied with Germany so it would help them fight of USSR who was invading them at the time.
First they only bought weapons from them and allowed them to move troops trough Finland. Soviets didn't like it and thought that they had allied with Nazis and Hitler also had a speech in radio, in which he said something a long those lines. After that Finns had to stand with Nazis.

And I do like Finns. Girlfriend is Finnish. :p

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
Originally posted by x42bn6
Hitler was good in the fact he could very well have ruled the world. God bless America for that.....

He also cared for his people (minus Jews, alas), which proves he had some kindness. He also was willing to help the Germans out of the recession.

Unfortunately, he was kinda greedy. Not to mention a tyrant.
What no fading?

Hitler was a evil genious, simple as that. Although I agree with macman in that he lost his mind and became scared halfway into wwII

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Ghist
First they only bought weapons from them and allowed them to move troops trough Finland. Soviets didn't like it and thought that they had allied with Nazis and Hitler also had a speech in radio, in which he said something a long those lines. After that Finns had to stand with Nazis.

And I do like Finns. Girlfriend is Finnish. :p
My grand father was in a POW camp in Finland, it was conttroled by finns. Actually finns were allies of Germany. I like Finns too, i been to Finland like 9 times, its cool. Exept those Finns who leave on the border with Russia take advantage of that. They go across the border to buy cheaper gosaline, alchogol, and food. I respect that Finns allied with Germany, it was only way for them to be free, and they still eventually had fight USSR one on one, and they won. I mean they didnt win any land or anything, they actually lost some land, but USSR stoped trying to invade them.

a1steaksauce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wow this is soooo old lol,i was like hmmm who could post one word thread then i saw this was mine i was like whaaa. but anyways if he didnt split troops he would have been bit more succecful.
and did u know when he was ready to kill him self he asked for syininde (sp?) but in fear that it was only sleepy drugs he gave it to his dog first,then when he died with foam round the mouth he himself took one and shot himself,i think thats what it was.i saw this months ago

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wait, but he had to split his troops or else he would have been invaded on one or more of the fronts. He needed the factories and resources to drive his war machine, if lets say he concetrated on Russia, took Moscow, but Americans were already taking Berlin it woun't make him very succesful.

Steven22

Member!
Reaction score
Hitler could have had the upper hand if he would have destoryed England's oil supplies in Algeria instead of attacking them head on. He was a very smart and persuasive man to pick up a whole country just on words. He used it stupidly though.