Games that made you a Gamer

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

What games made you into a gamer?

First game I ever played was Super Mario World, which introduced me to video games. Warcraft introduced me to competitive gaming. Been playing since my first few moments in Warcraft.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Well for me it began with my friends sega genesis but what really got me into it was n64

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Rick Dangerous. Some Spectrum games. But the one who made me a Gamer was definetely StarCraft.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
Started on the very 1st mario on the nintendo console that looked like a lunch box. Then onto the Sega Megadrive where i used to love the sonic series to bits. Then the Final Fansaty series on the playstation, and got into PC gaming via Half life 1 and Counterstrike.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
The ORIGINAL DOOM and Duke Nukem games got me started. You know those OLD DOS games... Those got me hooked on PC games. The game that really made me a PC gamer was StarCraft! I'll be playing SC on my death bed damnit!

After that, Mortal Kombat on the Sega got me hooked on gaming platforms.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Super Mario World, Sonic 3, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, MEtal Gear Solid, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
There was a game called "Bonk" or something about a caveman that climbed walls with his teeth or something that I absolutely adored when I was a kid. I think it was on the Genesis.

Other than that, single player would probably be super mario 64. Semi-competitive (with neighbors and such) would be Goldeneye, Mario party (first early ones) and other multiplayer games. Actually competitve would probably be Diablo 2.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I started off with the regular nintendo...then went onto super nintendo, nintendo 64, gamecube, and then my PC. The game that made me become a hard core gamer was Warcraft 2. I loved that game.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've pretty much been a PC gamer since I had a PC. First played shitty ports of SMB and Contra for the Commodore 64. The first games I really got into were King's Quest 6 which made me fall in love with Sierra and got me into RPGs (King's Quest1-5), Myst, and a really old game called Dragon Lore which I doubt anyone's ever heard of.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well.. I used to play DOOM back in the day.. But the first game that actually got me into online gaming was unreal championship(basicly unreal tournament)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Got me into gaming?

Atari oldschool. Most of you have probably never even touched one. Joystick with 1 button.

Turbo Graphix 16 was up there too, that thing was shittttt. It's how I got so goddamn good at Galaga.

What got me into addict gaming was (unfortunatly) FF7 and Diablo II.

DAoC got me into MMO addiction.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You ain't touched shit, till you touched the oldskool pong we had. not even a button and a joystick.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Got me into gaming?

Atari oldschool. Most of you have probably never even touched one. Joystick with 1 button.

Turbo Graphix 16 was up there too, that thing was shittttt. It's how I got so goddamn good at Galaga.

What got me into addict gaming was (unfortunatly) FF7 and Diablo II.

DAoC got me into MMO addiction.
Does jaguar count?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I firgt got into video games with my Nintendo I got at age 5. Oiriginal Mario / Duckhunt, etc. After that I played consoles very frequently on up through X-Box, and then I quit console gaming. It just wasn't the same anymore for some reason. That, and computer games drew me in. (****ing Diablo..)

As for competitive gaming..it was Age of Empires that got me started. It came with my old comp when we first got it. (First comp)