Diablo 3 - System Requirements

Ultimate Empire

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Diablo 3 system requirements 2011
updated 12/19/2011:
The OFFICIAL system requirements have finally been posted...

MINIMUM SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC
Operating System: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
Processor: Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 4400+
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

Mac
Operating System: Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.X (Latest Version)
Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better

All Platforms
HD Space: 12 GB available HD space
Memory: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/ Windows® 7 users, 2 GB for Mac® users)
Drive: DVD-ROM drive
Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Display: 1024x768 minimum display resolution

(Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connection. Wireless results may vary.)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC
Operating System: Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs)
Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac
Operating System: Mac® OS X 10.7.X (Latest Version)
Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

note from Crazykook: it surprises me how the processing requirements aren't that high at all but the minimum graphics requirement is rather high. I would expect that Blizzard would have allowed very low settings for graphics but recommended something much stronger of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I doubt they will use DirectX 10, because that would make it hard to port over to a Mac. I think DirectX 9 is OK. Which would mean it probably wouldn't need Windows Vista.*

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Why is this thread stickied?

Ultimate Empire

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Due to repetitive threads as I recall...

Saint

Member!
Reaction score
i hope they dont make the game a ultra godly engine because i want this game bad, but if i had to upgrade my pc, im at a stage were i gotta upgrade it all, power supply, motherboard, video card etc. sooo i really dont feel like spending 400 bucks to upgrade for d3. i hope its wow engine, or a lil above. but not hardcore.

Raizeen

Member!
Reaction score
jesus christ this is just stupid as hell to make this and sticky for a game that hasent been announced whatsoever yet lol all i can say is lol and knowing blizzard theyl use a ****ty engine on purpouse so that everyone can play and get as much money as possible before people notice how much it sucks i refuse from now on to play mmos that arent free with ****ty quality so its hellgate then age of conan also this game wont be out till about 6 years if they actauly started right now so anyhone who still has a ****ty comp who can barely run anything good wont be able to do anything

sk8 or die

Reaction score
Heh For you Pc kids Yes, You forgot to add in that they are having rumors, it will be coming out for Xbox 360 and Ps3.

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
alot of noobs seem to be sneaking into the forums..... or are they cheeze's children? Anyways.

I think it will be a 1gb ram instead, isn't WoW 512MB?

RiP_Dime

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but now that its been announced and theres gameplay footage out now, anyone have any speculations at to what engine this is? I'm dying to know what its gonna take to run this game.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
its Havok

RiP_Dime

Reaction score
Well it won't require DirectX10 they have stated. Kind of a shame.. I was kinda hoping to have something to force me to upgrade my system. D3 would. :D

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
A good decision, though. Considering everyone is happy with their XP systems, I don't see much point (heck, even Halo barely makes use of it).

I suspect the requirements of this will run along the lines of Vista plus Aero, so the current lower-end Intel Core 2 Extreme processor of today (QX6800), with 256Mb video card and 1Gb of RAM, 2Gb recommended. Can't really see much real need for a massively-powerful system although I know it's just an alpha.*

A

antihero99

A good decision, though. Considering everyone is happy with their XP systems, I don't see much point (heck, even Halo barely makes use of it).

I suspect the requirements of this will run along the lines of Vista plus Aero, so the current lower-end Intel Core 2 Extreme processor of today (QX6800), with 256Mb video card and 1Gb of RAM, 2Gb recommended. Can't really see much real need for a massively-powerful system although I know it's just an alpha.*
I don't see why it would be a problem for XP users even if it did require DX10. You can totally run DX10 on Windows XP. As a matter of fact, in most cases it runs better.

On another note, Diablo 3 will be out a lot sooner than people expect. Blizz normally has incredibly fast release times, they just do a ton of patches in the first two months to make up for bug fixes. From the game play teasers I have seen, it looks fantastic, like Diablo 2+Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance+Ragdoll effect+Pretty lighting effects. Perhaps that's just me, but I think system requirements will be moderate (Most of you will at least have to have an ATI X series or HD series or nVidia equivalent) About a 1.6 - 2.0ghz processor, most likely Dual core. I would say a GB of ram to be safe as I'm sure it will have a ton of streaming data with improved AI, textures and other data, 2 gb's would be my minimum for any new game personally.

And last, Raizeen, don't EVER compare anything Blizz has ever put out to anything like that trash Age Of Conan. Blizzard has made a mint off every game they have released, and they have all developed a VERY devout following because they actually have their **** together. WoW hit 15 million players. Tons of people still play Diablo 2... myself included. StarCraft, Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. Games that have been out since before most modern gamers hit puberty are still loading up servers for online play. So, I have the fullest confidence in Blizzard to make yet another show stopping spectacle to blow the minds of gamers around the world.

Last edited by a moderator: