-104. "Turn Back The Pendulum 5"
-103. "Turn Back The Pendulum 6"
-102. "Turn Back The Pendulum 7"
-101. "Turn Back The Pendulum 8"
-100. "Turn Back The Pendulum 9"
-99. "Turn Back The Pendulum 10"
-98. "Turn Back The Pendulum 11"
-97. "Let Stop The Pendulum"

There's some early stuff about Hitsugaya/Hinamori/Rangiku in one of them too that wasn't made into the anime.

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay, so I'm at episode 62, right after Aizen came back.

I like the universe, I like the story, I like some characters (Hollow Ichigo, Kenpachi, Shunsui Kyōraku, Renji, Yumichika, Tōshirō Hitsugaya) while I dislike most of the remaining cast.

I dislike combat scenes. Its everything I hate about anime; its mostly a succession of short and flashy sequences meant to show as least as possible about whats going on. My favorite fight scene was the first time Hollow Ichigo apeared, to fight Byakuya Kuchiki, in episode 59. It displayed some interesting angles, it showed that the animators wherent afraid to make something original. I wish it was more like that thorough the series. Can someone tell me if the animation improve noticeably as the series progress?

I dislike the fact that Ichigo's extremly fast progression as a Death God is never explained. It just happens. He's superhuman, and we dont know why. Its kind of hard to have sympathy for a 15 years old teen who, in 3 days, mastered a technique that apparently require a decade. He never really struggle nor does he deal with failure. I know I cant relate with that. :)

So far, fillers havent been too bad. I usualy read the synopsis of an episode before downloading it, so I dont have to deal with an unexplanable 20 minutes episode about a talking teddy bear or a black dude dressed as a dragqueen.

Am I the only one who thinks Yumichika is gay? The whole "I cant show the true nature of my blade" thing kinds of make it obvious.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well I can't stand it, but I really hate filler episodes.

I only watch small series such as Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Samurai Champloo.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One Piece is a thousand times better than Bleach. All Bleach seems to be now is random powerups that make Ichigo look cool but don't make sense. At least Naruto's story is managing to tie everything back together, which is a bit surprising because I didn't think Kishi had it in him.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure as Bleach goes on EVERYTHING is going to fall apart. Somewhere along the line I read the writer likes to just make up a big cluster fuck of characters whenever he gets stuck with a story. So don't expect the random character count to drop any time soon.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
its good until they resque the small asian chick that i forgot. rugia or soemthing. after the chick gets resq'd it goes downhill into some random vampire shit. boring. sigh. yawn. drops dead.

seriously tho, anime is boring. manga is much better.

mediafreak

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
The long-winded fillers which Bleach sometimes offer its viewers is a consequence of its popularity. Sometimes when there is too much demand, the quality suffers. Maybe if you don't want to go through the pain of watching each and every episode, maybe you can play its video game adaptations or watch its OVAs (currently has three).

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The long-winded fillers which Bleach sometimes offer its viewers is a consequence of its popularity. Sometimes when there is too much demand, the quality suffers. Maybe if you don't want to go through the pain of watching each and every episode, maybe you can play its video game adaptations or watch its OVAs (currently has three).
the fillers are often a result of the showing schedule (every week) and the writing. As it runs concurrent with the Manga itself it'll start to get to fast and needs fillers to allow the writer to catch up and write the stories.

The same thing happened with Dragonball Z, and why the show took forever to do anything, as most of it was slowed down running along the manga(which is also why the original Dragonball didn't have any of that bullshit as the anime was years behind the manga when it started.)

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
just read the manga. i think onemanga.com does a good job

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you compare the Bountou arc with the Arrancar arc, its as if they changed most of the production team from a story arc to the other. Even the character design for the Arrancar arc is magnitude above what it was for the bountou.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
As more people get more interested in the Managa/Anime, usually more budget is pumped in to keep up with the demand. On some occassions, you get better tools/equipment to make things appear better.

The Bountou Arc was ok. However, it wasn't one of the best arcs in Bleach.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
If you compare the Bountou arc with the Arrancar arc, its as if they changed most of the production team from a story arc to the other. Even the character design for the Arrancar arc is magnitude above what it was for the bountou.
That is probably because the Bountou arc was specifically made just for the anime as filler.