Bleach; is it recommendable?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I watch it.

There is lots of stretches were nothing happens, followed by some weird shit. When I was catching up the first 140 episodes or something I found certain parts pretty fun, while others where really slow.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
A good trick to enjoying it is to only watch every third episode, and then every so often randomly skip twenty.

(This almost gets rid of all the fillers and unnecessary plot twists)

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
According to Wikipedia, Bleach as been running for hundreds of episodes, but the plot doesnt seem all that complex. I suppose there's a lot of useless stretches.

I guess I'd be better looking up the episode content on wikipedia, in order to find those that are interesting.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
its pretty basic like dragon ball series.
the current arc is horrible due to the sudden instance of fillers

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
They went like 2 months in the middle of a major story to cock off and do an arc about bullshit.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Skip the filler arcs if you want. I didn't find either of them that bad though.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
According to Wikipedia, Bleach as been running for hundreds of episodes, but the plot doesnt seem all that complex. I suppose there's a lot of useless stretches.

I guess I'd be better looking up the episode content on wikipedia, in order to find those that are interesting.
So this is like a soap? @.@

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I watch it.

There is lots of stretches were nothing happens, followed by some weird shit. When I was catching up the first 140 episodes or something I found certain parts pretty fun, while others where really slow.
Inuyasha did the exact same thing. Actually, most anime that goes past 100 or 200 tends to do nothing for like 20 episodes (filler) before they actually get to the story-related parts (which often lead to good moments).

Bleach's idea of filler is fighting lesser minions and dragging those battles on for many parts. Or just see how the other side of something is doing by switching locations....

Bleach is ok though. I do recommend that you do what everyone else does and download translated via subtitles episodes.

And as for the plot, its mostly dependant on the arcs its on. Like the Soul Society Arc is about Ichigo going to the Soul Society to save Rukia from being executed. Or the Bount Arc where Ichigo and his comrades stop a race of soul devourers called Bounts from ending all life in the corporeal world.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
Good story. Complex but not too complex, and when the action happens its intense. I recommend.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
i prefer d grayman>bleach actually but watch it still

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The story right now (current episode is 220) is pretty good.

If you're lazy the english dubs are fine, but it's better with just subtitles over the original japanese and English are far the fuck behind/.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Especially with One Piece. The last dubbed episode I watched was in the 80s and they are in the 600s or so for the Japanese.

FullMetalBabe

Artistic Forum Leader
Reaction score
Website
setspudesign.com
Bleach is a good anime if you're bored, better off watching little series like, Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, Soul Eater, etc etc. But the only reason they are at fillers now, because they are too close to the manga. So prepare for moar fillers!

Jim Morrison

Premium Member
Reaction score
the manga right now is pretty legit but it took like 100 chapters of booshit to get here