World of Warcraft Disclaimer-No offense to anyone!

spikeman488

Member!
Reaction score
y change the game. u think WoW is the only addictive game out there. i know ppl who play counter strike, warcraft 3, BF2, BF 2142 religouisly.

and there r guilds out that dont raid for 5 hours strait. im in a guild where if we get tired then we call it. maybe 3 hours maybe 5 hours. u can do plenty of other stuff before the raid to. they r mostly at night time so u have the whole day to wat ever ur heart desires.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
play some other game (not a MMORPG) and I can guarantee you that you would at least gain 2 hours a day on average back from your free time. I also play pc games a lot and im not telling you to stop. But change the game and you will be able to use a portion of your free time to do other things (Gym, sports, hanging out, etc.) ...Thats what im trying to say and you guys keep saying that WOW is fun...OK ITS FUN...but other pc games can be just as fun (or maybe a little less)...Other pc games have teamwork also (if thats your excuse also like some people said)...

Dont talk to me about control...A raid takes 5 hours by itself...or whatever. If you have control then good for you, but MOST PEOPLE DONT have this virtue(trust me)....ALSO, PEOPLE THAT ARE ABOUT TO GET INTO THIS GAME DONT KNOW HOW ADDICTING IT IS...
Shut up seriously.
You dont know what you're talking about.
You can raid in an endgame guild progressing in AQ 40 and play only 20 hours a week. Thats a little more than 2 hours a day

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
It's too bad that neither Quiksilver not Chris have actually played WoW, but are just saying random bullshit they've heard about the game from the media, and the most severe cases that don't actually happen to many people. Even those people who do get severly addicted that easily would probably have gotten addicted to some other computer game.

By the way, not all raids take 5 hours, and not all the time needs to be done at once.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
play some other game (not a MMORPG) and I can guarantee you that you would at least gain 2 hours a day on average back from your free time. I also play pc games a lot and im not telling you to stop. But change the game and you will be able to use a portion of your free time to do other things (Gym, sports, hanging out, etc.) ...Thats what im trying to say and you guys keep saying that WOW is fun...OK ITS FUN...but other pc games can be just as fun (or maybe a little less)...Other pc games have teamwork also (if thats your excuse also like some people said)...

Dont talk to me about control...A raid takes 5 hours by itself...or whatever. If you have control then good for you, but MOST PEOPLE DONT have this virtue(trust me)....ALSO, PEOPLE THAT ARE ABOUT TO GET INTO THIS GAME DONT KNOW HOW ADDICTING IT IS...
Your assuming everyone who plays, plays constantly without a lot of relief. Which is wrong. I know people whose lives haven't gotten ruined and I hangout w/ them 3x a week and they don't even talk about WoW unless I ask. Its not there life, just a fun time killer. You just lacked the self-control to slow down so you lash out because you made a mistake.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Shut up seriously.
You dont know what you're talking about.
You can raid in an endgame guild progressing in AQ 40 and play only 20 hours a week. Thats a little more than 2 hours a day
Dude i can't send Zerstoren mail. Did you delete him? WTFFFFFF.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Octopor said:
It's too bad that neither Quiksilver not Chris have actually played WoW, but are just saying random bullshit they've heard about the game from the media, and the most severe cases that don't actually happen to many people. Even those people who do get severly addicted that easily would probably have gotten addicted to some other computer game.
That is great coming from a guy who used to bother me every waking moment, ASKING ME TO BUY IT!

I am also well aware that most of that rarely happens, try telling that to Quik. The only thing I won't like about it is if I get bored of it, then I would have to cancel my card and it would just collect dust. Most of my other games, I could easily reinstall and just play.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Uhhh, WoW has never collected dust for me. I'll take a breka for a few months or something every so often, then just pick up where I left, or reroll. It's not like you can never ever play it again if you cancel your account.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
To each his own. What another man does with his time is none of your or anyone else's business. People do take this game too far, but for the majority, we aren't drones with no lives.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
HE'S UNFRIENDLY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GIVING HIM LOADS OF ****ING ALCOHOL!

P.S. Get a 29 twink.

RiX

Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
to the OP of this forum.

You need skill for PVE = meaning you know what to do and how to play your class. If you don't know how to play your class than you will not be taken to raids or be successful.

You also need skill for PVP = to consistantly win. NOT to gain ranks. Ive seen very skill-less people who got GM/HW by spending time afk'ing....This was under the old pvp system.

You do need skill to play this game.

Defininition of NO skill is the first 10 mins of playing WoW = figuring out what button does what.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
to the OP of this forum.

You need skill for PVE = meaning you know what to do and how to play your class. If you don't know how to play your class than you will not be taken to raids or be successful.

You also need skill for PVP = to consistantly win. NOT to gain ranks. Ive seen very skill-less people who got GM/HW by spending time afk'ing....This was under the old pvp system.

You do need skill to play this game.

Defininition of NO skill is the first 10 mins of playing WoW = figuring out what button does what.
Yup pretty much. If you're a Priest and you can't heal, I wouldn't expect someone to party with you, etc.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Especially when you venture into classes you are not good with.