World of Warcraft Disclaimer-No offense to anyone!

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
I'm sure that the gist of what everyone is going to say is that you're a total retard, so next time don't bother bumping it.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This thread changed my whole perception of things. I'm going to quit playing WoW and devote all my spare time to telling people how to live their lives.

Reaction score
It's only addicting if you allow it to be. Some people might say i'm addicted because I play alot. But, I've never passed up plans to play WoW, i've never said "Oh..I can't, need to raid tonight." Being addicted is going out of your way to do something, you can play 24/7 and not be addicted, maybe there's just nothing else to do. What if you live far from your friends, or whatever, the situations are limitless. Playing WoW all day..maybe just because there's nothing better to do.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
If this thread gets out of hand again, I'll void it. If you bump it again after a few months, I'll void it. Next time you bump a thread that is basically telling everyone that plays wow that they're a loser and they suck at life, I will void it, and be sure that appropriate action is taken upon your account.

That being said, you're wrong. I played the game to death, and was "addicted" according to my friends and shit. Except everytime someone wanted to go do something I'd /quit /exit now and leave. Hell, I on a whim decided to sell my account and I havn't really had any desire to play since then. Theres a difference between the game being addictive, and the game being 'the best one' out there currently.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This thread changed my whole perception of things. I'm going to quit playing WoW and devote all my spare time to telling people how to live their lives.
Make sure to change your religion to christianity too

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I've considered whether or not I was addicted to WoW or not, but I realized a lot of the time I have to push myself to play just so I level. The only thing I do on WoW half the time is mod UI's. I'm one level from Outlands, though. Hopefully when I get there things will change. =\

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a thread that is basically telling everyone that plays wow that they're a loser and they suck at life
LOL...woah...thats not what I was getting at. Take it easy on the WOW testosterone. I think you are the only person that feels that way...sorry

Im sure a lot of people here understand where im coming from. I understand that you guys are able to quit the game when you have upcoming plans. But, if you notice, you are not making plans yourself...You are on the PC thinking how you are going to level up...You depend on your friends to call and tell you: "lets do this or that". Read up on my previous posts in this thread if you haven't...

Playing WoW all day..maybe just because there's nothing better to do.
Thats the thing...there are probably a million things for you to do. Play PC games, but play in moderation (which for MANY people, WOW does not allow them to do)...then go out and hang out with your friends; hit on some chicks; go to the gym; go bowling; play soccer; Read...

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Im sure a lot of people here understand where im coming from.
I think everyone understands that you're coming from a very stuck up and single minded viewpoint and that you can't distinguish anecdotal evidence from reality.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think everyone understands that you're coming from a very stuck up and single minded viewpoint and that you can't distinguish anecdotal evidence from reality.
lol where do you think anecdotes come from? Yep, you guessed it! Reality! Ofcourse, the things that I mention dont apply to everyone, but they do apply to a LOT of people...And I really cant blame them; because WOW is the devil!!! It is intentionally designed to consume A LOT OF YOUR TIME (relative to other games) so you pay that monthly fee!

Renzo...LOL...neither do I...

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I actually use WoW to get friends together. Just yesterday we had about 6 people at a friend's house one of them we even met through WoW, he's been staying here almost a week now. Really WoW has made me more socially active. And guess what, you can hit on chicks in WoW too, though generally it doesn't go as far and is more for entertainment in a different way. So sorry to say but your generalizing fails, you are fighting something you don't truly understand. Perhaps you should find something better to do with your time?

Oh and how can you say you aren't trying to insult us when you call us "WoW nerds" in an insulting way. I think you should reconsider your arguments.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh and how can you say you aren't trying to insult us when you call us "WoW nerds" in an insulting way. I think you should reconsider your arguments.
Damn it, I knew that was coming! haha...I was just trying to get you guys pumped up bit...I just wanted to get that nerd testosterone circulating. How could I be calling you nerds when I tell you that Im a hardcore gamer that plays WC3 and Counterstrike?

I wish I can get a vote going on how many people actually have regularily met other people face to face...through WOW...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Counterstrike is one of the worst games, ever. Period.

Seriously, don't even begin to speak about how bad WoW is, or anything remotly linking to it, when you openly state that you play Counterstrike.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Counterstrike is one of the worst games, ever. Period.

Seriously, don't even begin to speak about how bad WoW is, or anything remotly linking to it, when you openly state that you play Counterstrike.
Counterstrike is awesome...wtf are you talking about?!?! The best thing about it is that most of the time (yeah i know there are exceptions)...you get bored in 1 hr and get off the pc! You're probably right when you say CS has little skill though ...But, I still think neither does WOW...

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
lol where do you think anecdotes come from? Yep, you guessed it! Reality!
It's a mistake to think that the couple people you know who are addicted to WoW represent the majority, and
they do apply to a LOT of people
You're just pulling that out of your ass. Again, it's based on anecdotes, which is exactly my point. You say you know a couple people who play WoW too much in your opinion, and therefore it's a problem for a lot of people.

I won't pretend that video game addiction isn't a problem, but based on the feedback from everyone in this thread, I don't think it's a problem for the people here who play WoW, and your insistence that it is, is just extremely narrowminded. Why do you think you know how we should live better than we do? Say I had two friends: one of them played WoW when he had free time, never turned down an offer to hang out and didn't let the game interfere with his life. The other was constantly telling him he shouldn't play WoW because "it's the devil lol". I'd ditch the second friend so ****ing fast. No one likes a stuck up prick.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol stuck up prick? Your argument about the 2 friends is seriously flawed. A friend that is telling you to not play WOW is genuinely looking out for you. Obviously he is not going to hang out with you when you are playing WOW all the time because he does not want to get into that game. So how is that friend a stuck up prick? I think you guys are getting so deffensive because of me being so straightforward. I would expect this reaction...Imagine some one walked into your church and said jesus is fake (yes weird analogy)...

You guys really need to lighten up...Read the title of the thread...read my first post, im only trying to help you guys out...
How about this...I know a ****load of people that are addicted to WOW...And I DONT know a ****load of people that are addicted to warcraft 3 or counterstrike...I have heard a crapload of stories about WOW and have played a game similar to it...I pretty darn sure its addicting...

All im saying...If you are going to start playing a game, don't pick WOW. Pick something else that is not designed to get you seriously addicted. I would guess this game is especially detrimental to the youth and the inexperienced gamers....badger, you are obviously an experienced gamer and can control yourself. But, seriously now, how addicted were you when you first got the game?

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
So how is that friend a stuck up prick? I think you guys are getting so deffensive because of me being so straightforward. I would expect this reaction...
We're getting "defensive" because your arguments are only based on your narrow minded personal opinion of the game, from what you've heard about it. You've never played it, you don't know anything about it. You just assume that since the people you know are getting addicted to it that everyone in the entire world must be the same way, and the game is "the devil".
Imagine some one walked into your church and said jesus is fake (yes weird analogy)...
This analogy is totally flawed, in order for it to apply here you'd have to say, "Jesus doesn't exist. Why? That's what I heard, so it must be right. Now go join another religion!"

All im saying...If you are going to start playing a game, don't pick WOW. Pick something else that is not designed to get you seriously addicted. I would guess this game is especially detrimental to the youth and the inexperienced gamers....badger, you are obviously an experienced gamer and can control yourself. But, seriously now, how addicted were you when you first got the game?
Who the **** are you to advise someone to not play a game that you've never played and know nothing about? You're like those retarded people that say a movie is total crap based on reviews of the movie, without actually seeing it yourself.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've played a game very similar to WOW...Chris(hellwolf) is totally on my side and he HAS played the game. THe things he said pretty much agree with what I have been saying.
Unfortunately, I've also sat and watched people play it.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Obviously he is not going to hang out with you when you are playing WOW all the time because he does not want to get into that game.
No one who you're talking to plays WoW all the ****ing time. What the **** is wrong with you? WoW is something that we do in our free time. You spend your free time in other ways. That's great. I'm glad you don't play WoW. Because if you were addicted to a game as shitty as d2, yeah, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to control yourself.
.I have heard a crapload of stories about WOW and have played a game similar to it...I pretty darn sure its addicting...
Oh, my bad, your opinion isn't based on anecdotes after all. It's based on a "crapload" of anecdotes. Well shiiiiit, I guess I should listen to you instead of trusting my own personal experience with the game.
But, seriously now, how addicted were you when you first got the game?
Let's see.... I played the game in my free time and it had absolutely no impact on how I lived my life. Pretty damn addicted, I'd say.
I've played a game very similar to WOW...Chris(hellwolf) is totally on my side and he HAS played the game. THe things he said pretty much agree with what I have been saying.
Unfortunately, I've also sat and watched people play it.
THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!1!11