World of Warcraft Disclaimer-No offense to anyone!

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
True hellwolf, about the arguing thing...But, i can't still grasp the idea that a WOW player thinks his game takes more skill than WC3...Thats just wrong...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
No they just say WoW takes skill, not that it takes more , right ?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
True hellwolf, about the arguing thing...But, i can't still grasp the idea that a WOW player thinks his game takes more skill than WC3...Thats just wrong...
Do you have a lvl 60 on WoW that does Raids and AV? If not, shut the **** up. You have no idea how much skill WoW really does take.

IN fact, I could counter you and just say "Well WC3 takes no skill, you just have to memorize what units beat what" and my statement would be just as valid as yours.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
99% of shamans have no ****ing idea how to use a grounding totem properly.
I find that strange. I looked at what Grounding Totem does:

Wiki said:
Summons a Grounding Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that will redirect one harmful spell cast on a nearby party member to itself every 10 seconds. Will not redirect area of effect spells. Lasts 45 sec.
Why is it that people don't even know how to use a spell that could easily save your life? I assume it either has something to do with the timing of the spell, what spell the shaman tries to redirect, or if he does it on a class that DOESNT use spells and is more in your face.

Souless said:
Do you have a lvl 60 on WoW that does Raids and AV? If not, shut the **** up. You have no idea how much skill WoW really does take.

IN fact, I could counter you and just say "Well WC3 takes no skill, you just have to memorize what units beat what" and my statement would be just as valid as yours.
After thinking about it, it kinda does. With raids, not only you have to deal with the town guards, and the NPCS/Heroes that will attempt to combat you, but any other players as well (if its on towns).

On power bosses like Onyxia, it would take how well you manage in superior numbers and how much control you have over the damage she causes.

But the unit part is almost wrong. Wc3 is not only about what units you build to combat other units, its also about how well you can control the units. You could go chims against taurne and only find out that you can't even back them up when Wind Riders and Batriders are coming at you.

Quik said:
The problem is in the genre of games. There is a difference between Strategy in a Strategy game than there is in an RPG game. Both almost have one thing in common: Using your strengths against the weaknesses of the enemy. Whether it would be by ability, stats, or elemental (eg. fire over undead). Some people just can't accept the difference or feel that one style of gaming is better than the other.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
But the unit part is almost wrong. Wc3 is not only about what units you build to combat other units, its also about how well you can control the units. You could go chims against taurne and only find out that you can't even back them up when Wind Riders and Batriders are coming at you.
And in WoW you can have only 1 MT with no OT's to kill Huhuran but that's going to get your group wiped.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Well WC3 takes no skill, you just have to memorize what units beat what" and my statement would be just as valid as yours."

Then chess takes no skill? Wc3 is a STRATEGY game...building units at the right time and actually planning crap out is ESSENTIAL!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
There is a thing called "Variables" you know.

No offense Ranzo, but why don't you play melee and REALLY see how much skill it takes when you start getting your ass handed to you as well. Note that DotA doesnt count, for it is a custom to a game you play.

However, these arguments would just go back and forth. Eventually people would start hating each other, and that would be kinda sad.
I hate you!

On a side note, i never said WC3 takes no skill, i just want you to realise that WoW also takes skill. Blizzard don't make easy games.

Why is it that people don't even know how to use a spell that could easily save your life? I assume it either has something to do with the timing of the spell, what spell the shaman tries to redirect, or if he does it on a class that DOESNT use spells and is more in your face.
Pretty much. They don't know how to use it because they try to redirect spells that can't be redirected and they place it at the start of a battle rather than placing it just before someone uses a really powerful spell (Lol i used to do that). And it can redirect up to 2 spells if two casters hit you at the exact same time as you place it down.

Some people just can't accept the difference or feel that one style of gaming is better than the other.
That's just your opinion though.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Lets not all grow up to be the fatass guy from the south park episode with cheetos all over your flub causing 4 boys to play straight for weeks just to beet him.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I hate you!
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. But it's just something needed to be "defended".

On a side note, i never said WC3 takes no skill, i just want you to realise that WoW also takes skill. Blizzard don't make easy games.
I know it does. I was just saying though there really isn't strategy if there are like 20 people with you. Then agian, it depends on what each of the 20 people's strategy is on a raid or something to make the whole. And I already know PvP is another story, even though I have never played it.

Pretty much. They don't know how to use it because they try to redirect spells that can't be redirected and they place it at the start of a battle rather than placing it just before someone uses a really powerful spell (Lol i used to do that). And it can redirect up to 2 spells if two casters hit you at the exact same time as you place it down.
I was just thinking about that as well. Because if you cast it at the start of a battle, you can easily run up to the Totem and destroy it. And it cannot redirect AoEs, it has to redirect something like a missle.

That's just your opinion though.
Maybe so, but it's kinda true.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Heh ^_^.

But yeah, however I don't like what Tronga said. Judging from that response, he probably wasn't good at it.

Reaction score
WoW r turrn me ento uh leet skill3d pwnzor of nubzors lyke u!!11one!11one!1

ChrisH36

Reaction score
WoW r turrn me ento uh leet skill3d pwnzor of nubzors lyke u!!11one!11one!1
That leet speak will never leave my mind :(

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
quik, im sorry you lack the self ****ing control to say Hey, ive been at my desk too long, i should go outside.

Shut the **** up, you bore the akule
How are you supposed to get off the pc if the raid takes 5 hrs by itself?
Now, I do have the self control, after pissing my life away on diablo...Currently I believe most gamers out there DONT have this dicipline and probably have to learn it the hard way.

So bottom line to all you WOW players(or about to be WOW players):
Get ur heads out of ur asses...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but you can't live your life like that all the time. Crapping out buckets, mini fridges next to you. People who have done that have died in 1 day. One shouldn't really be doing it THAT much.

I for one could play a PC game all day. As long as I go outside sometimes for a break or two. You just can't do it all day.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Now, I do have the self control, after pissing my life away on diablo...Currently I believe most gamers out there DONT have this dicipline and probably have to learn it the hard way.

You really all convinced that playing WoW = no life, huh?

spikeman488

Member!
Reaction score

i get your point where playing WoW all day 24/7 is bad. i mean u act like playing WoW is the worst thing. and speak badly about everyone who does play it. well you need to obviously get ur head out of ur ass. you say its a complete waste of time. the only thing in this life that isnt a waste of time is going to work and sleeping and eating. if u do anything other then that ur wasting ur time. Some ppl find games as a way out of their real life wether it be to help them or to relieve stress. and yeah WoW is a fun game. so playing it shouldnt intitle ppl like urself to bad mouth it. so what, they play a game. if they wanna live their life like that and r happy more power to them. doubt they need someone like u going around and telling them how pointless their life is when u dont even know 99% of the ppl who play WoW and how long they play it. just rlly pisses me off ppl like you that just go around judging ppl around wat u see as bad and if they dont see ur way then well they r idiots or "need to get their heads out of their ass".

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
play some other game (not a MMORPG) and I can guarantee you that you would at least gain 2 hours a day on average back from your free time. I also play pc games a lot and im not telling you to stop. But change the game and you will be able to use a portion of your free time to do other things (Gym, sports, hanging out, etc.) ...Thats what im trying to say and you guys keep saying that WOW is fun...OK ITS FUN...but other pc games can be just as fun (or maybe a little less)...Other pc games have teamwork also (if thats your excuse also like some people said)...

Dont talk to me about control...A raid takes 5 hours by itself...or whatever. If you have control then good for you, but MOST PEOPLE DONT have this virtue(trust me)....ALSO, PEOPLE THAT ARE ABOUT TO GET INTO THIS GAME DONT KNOW HOW ADDICTING IT IS...