World of Warcraft Disclaimer-No offense to anyone!

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Let's see.... I played the game in my free time and it had absolutely no impact on how I lived my life. Pretty damn addicted, I'd say.
You, my friend, are very disciplined! Unfortunately, when it comes to games, children and inexperienced gamers aren't...And I'm guessing thats why you are opposing me.
Let me get this correct now (just to make sure):
Are you saying that WOW is no more addicting than your average game?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No, it really isnt. The ONLY thing that MAY make it more 'addicting' is that there is a shitload more content.

I can only play Final Fantasy 7 a certain number of times before it gets boring and stale to me. WoW I can go for months without being bored. Hell, I was getting 'bored' of the game (right before I quit) before I did any MAJOR exploring. I did the exact same thing with all my chars, alliance sie. There was still the whole horde side to play around with, and the dozens of zones I never even TOUCHED but with a mountby on my Mage.

Seriously, your arguement is moot. You're just saying that WoW sucks because your friends are addicted, and we shouldn't play. I'm pretty sure all of us go out and do shit, even _Chris (EgoAss), who claims that he does nothing but play WoW all day.

And to the point a page or so back that said that I "wasn't making plans with friends because I'd rather play WoW" is wrong. I'd txt people all the time when I was playing WoW seeing if they wanted to do anything. You know why? Because the game gets boring as **** after a few hours of sitting there playing, UNLESS you're actually doing something like raiding. And even then, it's kinda monotamous to listen to your guild leader congrat everyone because you got the first boss in Kara down to 75% before a wipe, and that was a "good effort so lets get in there and do it again!". Seven tries later and a ~40g repair bill, not to mention something like a 45 minute period of time doing this and rewiping the trash, made my brain hurt from how dull it was.

Oh, and for the most part, when I raided, it was at like 1am my time, until 6am or so, which I'd then go to college, and hang out with friends, and learn, and makeout/bang my fiance, get drunk, get high, then return home around 1am to start the cycle over.

Edit; Seriously, I'm pretty sure every single one of us is past the point where WoW is new and fresh and exciting, except maybe Eric and Jimbo and Roach. And maybe Jason when he gets into outland. The game was for me, and likely Renzo, CoRt, EgoAss and so on and so forth a "well I might as well get on, got nothing else to do, and besides I've actually made friends with these people and they're mostly pretty cool."

Now why the **** is Angels in the Outfield on Cartoon Network?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Going on with this argument would be pointless as I can not actually present concrete evidence to you guys.

Offtopic:
Final Fantasy 7 was an awesome game!! Probably one of the best I've ever played.
You watch Cartoon Network??

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Final Fantasy 7 was good, but you cant just sit there and play it time and time again without getting bored.

WoW isn't close to being the same.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
When did the WoW section turn into the new Battle Staff?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
When I was made mod.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 7 was good, but you cant just sit there and play it time and time again without getting bored.

WoW isn't close to being the same.
WoW can be, but it takes a much longer time than FF7. Or shorter if you are not into MMORPG gaming.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It's true though. Sure I am not a fan of WoW, but it will obviously take less time to get bored of FF7.

Unless you are a FF nut (like me). And you try to beat any FF with any combo of characters, spells, etc.