World of Warcraft Disclaimer-No offense to anyone!

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay, I just want to begin this by saying that im just trying to help your lives out.
Playing world of warcraft is a waste of your LIFE and MONEY.why you ask?

1.It takes no skill...All you do is run around and gain experience to level up your character and feel good...honestly now am I wrong?

2.It is ridiculously addicting. DONT EVEN START PLAYING THIS GAME. A game should be meant to be played for an hour and then stop...But WOW consumes your whole life.

Try a game like counter strike or warcraft 3...These games require much more skill and aren't as addicting. Play for an hour...then go to the gym or do something else...Also you probably wont end up losing sleep!

All these comments also apply to diablo...I was a diablo junkie and so were ALL OF MY FRIENDS...WOW is 3x more addicting...It is like a sickness...
even if "all ur friends are starting the game" (like i hear many people saying), PLAY SOMETHING ELSE

If you are thinking of starting this GAME....DONT....I am only watching out for you guys...This is all coming from a HARDCORE GAMER....I advise you to make this a sticky! LOL please move this to the WOW section i totally didnt know there was a separate forum

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lawl i was thinking of getting it :/

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
1.It takes no skill...All you do is run around and gain experience to level up your character and feel good...honestly now am I wrong?
lolz

Honestly, takes as much skill as WCIII. Need as much clicking and keying done, and is all about a powerful unit killing less powerful units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
no WCIII can bring you to play for hours straight, if you are winning. now if you're losing.. its a different story.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
VERY TRUE MIKE!!! but, still it isnt as addicting! even if you win a couple games, you will end up getting off the pc sooner or later.

Condestavel...I have heard otherwise...I HIGHLY DOUBT THERE IS MORE SKILL INVOLVED than wc3...and I can find hundreds of people to contest to that!

Wing zero...buy some other game...best advice some one can ever give you...

In the great words of chris:
"For some nerds, its called Whack off Warcraft. I fear for those people."

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
@Condestavel - If you dont know the meaning of REAL Warcraft 3 gaming, which for me has only 1 thing - solo and ok AT 2v2, the rest is NOOB MASSING and WASTE OF TIME not only real life but WAste of WC3 Skill, so since you dont know what it takes in war3, pls dont compare how much skill WoW reqs k?

Lol Pan?? I havent seen you making 90% stats above 50 games to say .. ahh boring to win.

Quik i give you 1000000000000000% support. My AT partner became inactive and i thought, too much real life k, me 2 but i missed him. Then i learnt it is the stupid WoW!! I said it in the imba panda thread if you saw it, i hate wow for stealing some good players. WoW IS A waste of time and Money, ok some play it from another servers, then the sucking of real life remains. And to those who pay for a game. sorry.

Im more interested in futuristic games from some months ago on, and if there was a SC 2 game with as much micro or more as war3 tft i would start it like those who start from roc and are now pro. For me war3 is a game of micro, strategy, skill, i am weak in dota i dont give a f.. .

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wow...thanks for the support...lol

x42...addiction doesnt = good...for the moment yeah its awesome...Take the hit of heroin and it feels awesome...But u piss ur life away

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
It does take skill once your 60, it REQUIRES tons of skill for both PVP and PVE its not as easy as you think, if you do your 100% wrong and retarded.

2.It is ridiculously addicting. DONT EVEN START PLAYING THIS GAME. A game should be meant to be played for an hour and then stop...But WOW consumes your whole life.
Its addicting like any other game would or atleast mmo. and games can go for aslong as you want to play them....

Try a game like counter strike or warcraft 3...These games require much more skill and aren't as addicting. Play for an hour...then go to the gym or do something else...Also you probably wont end up losing sleep!
cs doesnt take that much more skill at all, its the only 2 games i play, and im pretty top at both of these. w3 is just like any other RTS. Losing sleep? I lose sleep on everything in lilfe.. lol

All these comments also apply to diablo...I was a diablo junkie and so were ALL OF MY FRIENDS...WOW is 3x more addicting...It is like a sickness...
even if "all ur friends are starting the game" (like i hear many people saying), PLAY SOMETHING ELSE
No its not, i actually found DIABLO to be more addicting.

If you are thinking of starting this GAME....DONT....I am only watching out for you guys...This is all coming from a HARDCORE GAMER....I advise you to make this a sticky! LOL please move this to the WOW section i totally didnt know there was a separate forum
People can play it if they want its their life and the top game out there. Hardcore gamer? From what ive just read your a hardcore pussy..

Go back to noob school son, i just disproved everything you said.

Oh and its not hard to quit from anything get a GF or get a job..

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Get a char past 10 and then talk plz.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Quik, you're right, it doesn't take skill to level a character. If chinese people who barely speak english can level a character to 60 in a month then skill isn't an issue. However it takes skill to build up your character, learning how to improve it and being able to do instances without ****ing up DOES take skill.

If "All you do is run around and gain experience to level up your character" can make so many people pay $15 a month then Blizzard must be doing something right.

Also the game is addicting because it is ridiculously fun. I can leave WoW for a month whenever I want, no bullshit. I've uninstalled the game for months but then I reinstall it and start playing again. Only people with a lack of common sense really become totally addicted to WoW. And YES I do have a social life, I play WoW when I get home from school after doing HW or w/e. I play maybe 5 hours in total every weekend because I'd rather be outside then sitting at my computer.

Don't believe the hype. PLAY IF YOU WANT TO PLAY. If the game really becomes so much of an addiction that you can't do or think of anything but WoW then you need to check your priorities.

Edit: Something I just reliezed in guild chat, people will sit and complain about how 'they're wasting their money on this dumb game' and how much WoW and Blizz suck but they still keep playing. It really is a great game.

OH YEA and I'm pretty sure Blizz is trying to make the game less addicting, they nerfed the shit outta the honor system to the point where you can get a peice of gear that would have taken you pvping 4 hrs+ a day to get, which now takes maybe 3hrs a day for 3 days.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Brandon...I was waiting for some one to say CS takes little skill...Ur right it probably doesnt...But it sill isnt as addicting...I dunno try something else....
MMO's are in general gay like this! This crap applies to all these online MMOs....
1. How many hours of play does it take to get to level 60?
2. People have also told me about PvPs...BUt im pretty sure they dont take as much skill as counter strike. Do you Pvp all the time???
3.Brandon ur signature is fuggin hilarious...ROFL
4.I dunno about diablo being more addicting. Ive heard otherwise, but i guess thats just opinion...
5. "However it takes skill to build up your character, learning how to improve it and being able to do instances without ****ing up DOES take skill."....this is 95% repetitve crap... 5% skill

Souless...i can do that with my eyes closed, while playing with my penis...

"If "All you do is run around and gain experience to level up your character" can make so many people pay $15 a month then Blizzard must be doing something right. "
I don't doubt the game is not fun...but how do you feel when you get off the pc after playing for 4 straight hours (im not particularily addressing you because ur probably more diciplined)?

OKay...maybe WOW does take SOME skill....but it is ridiculously small compared to other games.

So if i took the population of wc3 players and averaged their time played per day or per sitting....and compared that with the WOW players...ur telling me there wouldnt be a great difference?

Some raids take 4 fckin hours i hear....wtf is that bull?!? How does getting a social life/gf/job have to do with this....ur still going to sit ur ass down for 4 hrs instead of 1-2...plus the craving to sit back down and play is way higher than CS or Wc3...

cmon guys please be a bit open minded about this...I do agree that some people are more diciplined and can quit more easily and play for less time though....(like speedy)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Wow, you're retarded. Your english is horrible, and you're form the US. Please learn to grammar.

And some raids take 5+ hours day in and day out over and over. You've obviously also never been past lvl 40. The game scales a lot more than most people give it credit. Is it still easier than nearly every MMO out there? Yeah, but it still takes skill. Besides, 5 hours at like 8pm on a tuesday night isn't shit for people that are over 12.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
I honestly don't find it that addicting. I mean, yeah it's a video game, better advice would be, play it, but don't let it rule your life. You said yourself the benefit.

All you do is run around and gain experience to level up your character and feel good

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
about my grammar and shit...i rlly dont feel like typing right now...+ im not from US (as in my nationality)...I just live in the US (been here for about 4 yrs)...LOL....look how carefully you put ur commas in...good job son!

would you want ur 12 year old kid sitting in front of the pc for 5 hours at 8 pm? You think he will only want to play then? But, anyways, this applies to all games for the younger kids. They'll sit on pcs for hours no matter what game you put for them. But, Im talking about the older generation.

Carbon, ur right...but it is so hard to play the game without letting it rule your life; the whole object of the game is to do quests and level your character up (which takes hours of dedication). All im saying is that you can get the same amount of fun from a less addicting game.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
If you can't control yourself when you're 19 then thats a problem you have to deal with.
A 12 year-old would probably stay on a computer forever if you didn't say anything about it. Controlling yourself when you're older is way different than being a kid and not knowing what is important in life yet.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Everyone I have known has gotten addicted to this game and has found it hard to quit. Wait, except for one person because he actually had no time to play. Thus, there is obviously something wrong with the game itself.

Honestly, I have not played this game because I didnt want to fall into the same diablo crap again.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
@Condestavel - If you dont know the meaning of REAL Warcraft 3 gaming, which for me has only 1 thing - solo and ok AT 2v2, the rest is NOOB MASSING and WASTE OF TIME not only real life but WAste of WC3 Skill, so since you dont know what it takes in war3, pls dont compare how much skill WoW reqs k?
That's like saying that you can take all the newbs out of WoW so only the true skilled (because it does take skill to excel at PvP) will stay.

No no, I'm afraid a game is the gamers, and most gamers play WCIII like the game sucks. Therefore, it sucks.

<3

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Everyone I have known has gotten addicted to this game and has found it hard to quit. Wait, except for one person because he actually had no time to play. Thus, there is obviously something wrong with the game itself.

Honestly, I have not played this game because I didnt want to fall into the same diablo crap again.
I've quit many a times, and the only reason I come back to play is because everything else sucks. The game isn't that addiciting, there just isn't that much else out there.