What do u think the best race is????

alekbird

Reaction score
i personlly think the best race is night elf from watching ppl play, but u ppl might think other wise. i dont even have the game i was jus wonderin cuz i would lik to get the game and play the race u guys think is the best and bcome pro at it.lol if i t will/migt happen.... so post ur replies :grunt

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
well if I had godly micro, any races would be the best.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
best race is night elf...
IMO
it doesn't mean they are imbalanced... but at high skill levels, they become kinda more powerful than another races. but there are still players like grubby that encourage people to play diff races...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
well if I had godly micro, any races would be the best.
That is obvious reason :D. Any race rocks with micro. I micro best with humans, and I love the orcs. So there you go! While N_ kicks it NE old skool, I kick it wc2
OLD SKOOL!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I like Orcs because they are Orcs but i play better with Humans. I just can't bring myself to play Night Elf, despite how well i reckon i'd play with them. And the Undead? Well, maybe later...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I can't either, even if I pull off a successful rush with KOTG and hunts.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
The best races are HM and UD. I think that these are the most easy to play with. In general I consider the races to be equal except for a particular imbalance that is the fact that ORC CANNOT BEAT NE .

ChrisH36

Reaction score
ORc can beat ne. Its just that early on, it could be difficult. You need to kill them before they get chims or thier deadlier units. I can kill many ne units with orc. Trolls for example help, if they are kept alive before the hunts do real damage.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Hellwolf_36 said:
ORc can beat ne. Its just that early on, it could be difficult. You need to kill them before they get chims or thier deadlier units. I can kill many ne units with orc. Trolls for example help, if they are kept alive before the hunts do real damage.
orc has the middle game advantage on that matchup.
Raiders, demolishers, stasis trap + war stomp and stuff can deal some SERIOUS dmg to NE... until they come to fry ur ass with chims.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It's probably impossible to determine which race is "best." If you wanted to do it with an objective view point, you would have to compare with race gets the best units for the least amount of gold, and which race has the most useful advantages.

Gold-for-unit wise would probably be easy to determine, but "advantages" are a bit more vague.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Leviathan said:
It's probably impossible to determine which race is "best." If you wanted to do it with an objective view point, you would have to compare with race gets the best units for the least amount of gold, and which race has the most useful advantages.

Gold-for-unit wise would probably be easy to determine, but "advantages" are a bit more vague.
Lets do this way:

Best ultimate : starfall, no doubt, i've NEVER seen someone win a even battle under starfall. for the channeling part, try using anti magic potion from ur shop =)

Best melee unit: tauren, but MG's soak up WAY more damage and bears do almost the same dmg as taurens...

Best caster: Not in my opinion, but in general sorceresses and shamans are considered the best.

Best ranged unit: compraing DPS and gold cost (DPS = dmg per second), archers are the best. But they got very low life to compensate it.

Best anti-air ground unit: fiends win because web stucks the unit...

Best aa flying unit: some may say gargs, but it's proved that hippos > gargs.
vamp aura should get the battle even, but you can counter that witha simple thorns aura...or a panda =)

Best DPS unit: CHIMAERAS, kthx no comments, biggest splash, attack way faster then frosties and a scary combo with roar + trueshot aura can be made.

So... take ur opinion about which race is the best =)
night elves i think, but i just hate undead so much =(

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
There is no best race.. its only best players. You cant judge a race using players skills as reference because those are human beings, they make mistakes, they have a bad day.. etc.

@ Luna. I beg to differ, starfall is not the best spell as its a channeling spell. it doesn't take a genius to put a stop to it. I'd say the best spell is Avatar.

Also Best aa are not nor the hipposs and nor the gargs.. best are Dragon hawks followed by batriders. also... tanks offer a very strong AA with the barrage upgrade.

Imagine what would happen to a UD user who would try to counter the ORC's air ( wyvies) with gargs. that leads to bats.. combine with wyvies and it means.. blown up gargs.

As Air units yes.. gargs, destroyers and wyrms are prolly the strongest combo there is. they do excellent vs hippos, griphons.. etc.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I honestly think that there is not best race. And this was a rather general question to ask.

And for the person that talked about the gold-unit ratio...thats not very smart to do. If you look at that then you are putting all other variables aside. Some teams might have units that are good for the short run and others for the long run...believe me thats not the "objective" way to do that!

This thread is the reason why Blizzard is comming out with all these patches! Some teams have weaknesses...but make up for them in other aspects. This is also why the gold-unit ratio doesnt work....

Hu is not the easiest to play with!
humans: CASTERS?!? Moving back from when slowing an army...footmen are harder to micro than Grunts. Fast expansions??? Making up for your early army deficencies!

Orcs: Grunts...high hp easy to micro! Shamans...Bloodlust is auto! Purge is easy to use...Most units are high hp! speed scrolls put them always on the offensive meaning less offense meaning a bit less micro...

Best Ultimate is Avatar?!?!? I really dont think so...Metamorphosis is much better! Avatar of veagence is good though maybe better than meta? Starfall is by far not the best!

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
that MK will **** that morphed DH anyday any time and without avatar also. Just that, while he is in avatar dh wont be able to Burn his mana.. more stombolts coming dh's way.

try it yourslelf if u dont believe me ;).

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
VBadGirl said:
that MK will **** that morphed DH anyday any time and without avatar also. Just that, while he is in avatar dh wont be able to Burn his mana.. more stombolts coming dh's way.

yes, but while he's bolting you, his army is getting ****ed up by that big DH with splash chaos dmg :butterfly << (he's looking at you!)

not counting that DH will have a BUNCHA HP + 5 hp/ sec regen, and + 5 armor, and OMG don't focus a meta plz =)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
VBadGirl said:

Take into consideration the fact that DH burns 150 Mana for just 50 of his, plus the splash damage and range from his very fast attacks. I don't think that MK won't live long.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes if you are talking 1 on 1 avatar would hands down beat Meta...But Meta can really damage a whole army of casters or low HP units with splash...not to mention chaos damage...Avatar is not ranged and just has a bonus 20 attack! invuln to spells and 500 hp more...with 5 more armor...

And luna you forgot to say that the meta gains 500 health also...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You gain-
500 life, chaos damage, ability to attack air, ranged attack, splash damage and increased life regeneration. The demon hunter was truly a cheap hero, and still can be today in some people's hands.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I'd personally choose human, but I haven't played in ages. WHITE POWER.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The demon hunter was truly a cheap hero, and still
can be today in some people's hands.

What does that mean? Lol i dont get what you are getting at over there...