What came first, the EGG or the CHICKEN

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It's gotta be the chicken,without the chicken there wouldn't be an egg but without the egg there wouldn't be a....

No the chicken did come first, cuz my theory is that there was some sort of transitional form of a chicken from more basic organisms (probably asexual) and then the chicken "developed" a reproductive system and continually "evolved" into the present day chicken which reproduces by means of laying eggs..

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
any chicken like things would be the chicken but by a diff name.. there are hundreds of different species of chickens.. whats to say the first underdeveloped hting or whatever wasn't a chicken?!?!

CerebralChain

Reaction score
I like to think that a mutation happened (like Darwins theory), some weird bird became a hen, and an egg suddenly popped out.

I really don't get the point of this discussion, tho...

as-s_clown

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this is just a different way to look at the religion theroy
if u say chicken u say god created a chicken who created an egg
if u say egg u say that there wa evolution and that the animal finaly mutated into a chicken

P.S. everything came from bacteria, wich resulted from the lightning in the early atmosphere to create a DNA strand which clumped to a biger clump to eat/absorb food

P.P.S. the best way to answer a question is to just report all sides and not give an oppinion :D

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
How about this, the egg which was not a chicken egg but the previous form of a chicken's egg hatched, then, through mutation altered it's very physical form into a chicken. So the chicken came first, unless of course the egg was a chicken.... but that can't be true!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Chicken. Somewhere along the line a chicken was a descendant of some weird dinosaur I can't remember, and through evolution came the first chicken.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and u guys are talking about evolution over millions or billions of years right??? so how could the chicken mutate so fast.. in one life time.. or are u talking about the whole breed... kept laying and mutating etc... as an evolutionist.. wouldn't u believe that the chicken evolved from bacteria... over a long time of course and developed a reproductive systom.. and "decided" that laying eggs would be the most efficient way to reproduce? the whole theory is so weird..

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
[TechniCALITY]Maaayyybee The First Chicken was is the form of and egg???????[/TechniCALITY]NO more techincal stuff. Who said a chicken was first. Mabye it was a monkeY??

Ohh arent they cute??

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Chickens can change over time. People can develop super-keen senses. Who's not to say the chicken-dinosaur couldn't grow to hate meat and become a retarded little thing?

I read it somewhere in a 2003 copy of Reader's Digest, now I remember.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Isnt readers digest the book you read when your craping....Oh never mind that. But (According to the "BIBLE'') God just created everything at once. So Mabye just Maybe at the exact instant every thing was created there was 1 egg and 1 chicken.............................................................................................

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
K, if God made the chicken at first it'd been extinct now, since those Dinosaurs would have eaten most of them up, they might have died with the dinosaurs and they'd have to survive the Ice Age. And they're not Humans, they're chickens.

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
maybe chickens are mutations of what something was?? does that make any sense...maybe there was a super chicken or something...haha:fwink

surfprincess

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the chicken came first. how else would the egg of come into being? btw, i have a starcraft key, a diablo 2 key and 2 warcraft 3 keys i dont use nemore. neone wanna trade for a warcraft 2 BNE key? i swear they work! i wouldnt give them out if they didnt. im not like them pplz dat peedle me off wit their o u t w a r sites and unworking keys. is ne body else sik of o u t w a r??

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Dont post shit. Btw how would the chicken come to be then?Noob

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The egg came first.

The dinosaurs were the first creatures to ever lay eggs, and they did it before the first biological chicken was created. The trick to the question is to look outside the box, but in theis case, its the shell

as-s_clown

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if u want to get into the bible then all the world started in 6 days and the 7th God rested.........easy
but then he told the animals to sustain themselves on plants and fruits.............still here?
then after the flood God told Noah and his crew(the one on his boat) that all the animals will searve u as meat and to take as much as u need

so the chicken wouldnt have ben killed by dinos if created by God

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think the real question is what came first after bacteria.. the egg, or being. did eggs come from bacteria or did two animals? you need two to mate. then afterwards the species mutated into a chicken which also lays eggs. so were eggs or animals formed by bacteria?

bacteria changed into the first animals, then they lay eggs and after millions of years, mutate. the way they mutate is by laying an egg to an animal with different genes.. those genes are spread through the species and he species change.... a chicken doesnt just appear it comes out of an egg and is slightly different than its parents. the egg came first if your talkin about chickens themselves, but what about chickens ancestors?

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Well, people evolved and thats why we didnt become extinct, mabye that happend to da chicken?