The Purging of the Realms

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Azrael...remember what I told you about being a nuisance? Inciting concentrated effort to murder an unconcious player very early in the quest is more than a mild nuisance. I don't like it. Sha-kul is angry. Strike one. If you're going to be a part of this quest, HELP don't HURT! Assist the players, don't attack them.))

*The goblins start towards the fallen archangel, and a wall of darkness rises up between them and their prey. The goblins, brainwashed by Azrael, continue forward. The darkwall rushes out and envelops them, and the entire wall becomes a hurricane of teeth and claws that rips the Goblins into thousands of tiny pieces as well as any valuables they were carrying. The teeth reform into the darkness, and the darkness forms Sha-kul. He is not pleased with Azrael.*

"BEWARE, SPIRIT! You test my patience! I will send you to a void from which there is no escape should you cross my allies again! Show me your usefulness, lest I banish you from this realm for all eternity!"

*With a shrieking clash of voices crying out in unison, the shade vanishes into the nothingness from which it came. All that is left of the goblins is a large pool of blood and thousands of random little chunks of meat.*

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I have come to a decision...the shops for this RPG will work much like the BF RPG shops...using Gil. Instead of Gold, I will award Gil as the quest goes on. Items bought in the RPG will be paid for with your Gil. I will act as the banker. The Gil I get from your purchases will not be used for my own use, but as awards as the quest continues. Because of this, I will change my origninal Gold award from 250 to 50, so as to make it possible for me to award it. I'll just make costs a bit lower than I intended. I have awarded the 50 Gil to the person with the lowest current Gil, DragonOfChaos. Feel free to barter for items and services amongst each other with your Gil, as well. I think this will work pretty well. For the first shop inventory, progress to the town markets.))

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Azrael had to make a decision.. help these mortals or leave them to their own.. but they were just too interesting to do the latter. Breaking its train of thought, it notices the new supply of souls from the recently deceased goblins. Absorbing their combined energies, it decides that with carnage such as this, following these beings is an opportunity it can't pass up, especially with the offer to help with future slaughter.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Just decided that I'll go ahead and post the first shop, that way anybody in that vicinity can go ahead and buy what they want.

Nai-duun Markets:

Magical Charms/Etc:

Dragon's Eye Amulet- Gives the wearer much heightened strength 50 Gil
Ring of Tempest- Gives the wearer resistance to strong winds 40 Gil
Ring of Warding- Gives the wearer a weak force field that can deter physical projectiles 100 Gil
Weapons:

Elven Rapier- Sleek, strong, and well-balanced. Very fine weapon 80 Gil
Elven Shortbow- Made as well as the rapier. Moderate range 70 Gil
Arrows x20- Well-made and flying true. Finest Elves have ever made 25 Gil
Durosteel Dagger- Beautiful dagger that can withstand great impact 100 Gil
Naga Scimitar- Gorgeous weapon that can slice an orc's head off with a single swipe 200 Gil

Equipment:
Rope- 50 ft of expertly woven rope. Can support over 600 lbs 70 Gil
Food- Quality provisions for 20 days. Best eatin' around 20 Gil
Drink- Best ale for miles. 20 days worth 20 Gil
Healing Potion- Gives a rush of incredible healing. Can heal mediocre wounds instantly 100 Gil
Mana Potion- Rejuvinates a spent mage, allowing for massive energy recovery 150 Gil

I think this is fair...))

((Note, there is only ONE Naga Scimitar for sale.
Also if you don't know how to transfer Gil, you go to the RPG CP drop bar and click "donate to a friend." From there it's pretty self explanatory.))

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((What was the amulet that dropped?))

Returning to consousness Malice finds himself among his comrads and is told the story of what has happened since he has been unconsous. Malice thanks Sha-kul for his timely rescue. That is when he finds himself cluching the amulet he had picked up before he had lost consousness. Only if he could have been that quick with the Book of Knowledge he wouldnt have needed to do this quest. Maybe he could find someone to identify this. First he had something to say.
"Thats my friends, but BEWARE AZRAEL YOU HAVE MADE AN ENEMY." says Malice and then stalks off towards the the alley he had been headed for before in search of any magical items

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((is rune nearby? i'm not sure.. but i thought i should ackowledge the fact that omnislash isn't the only one who can detect me.. rune can as well :p i just didn't think he followed you in))

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((Azrael i can see you too i have lived in your demention being an immortal angel once though now i am mortal i still can see spectral things, i still havent lost my ability.))((PS please dont try to assasinate me again))

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((lol i didn't read that anywhere.. but to be technical, you can't see me, you can detect me.. i'm not there to be seen :p only those who physically exist completely within the spectral plane can see me.. like Sha-kul :D well then there are three of you, thats cool.. and i tried to kill you because it was IC to do so at the time, being the most sinister option available :) but your friendly neighborhood shade has given my character little alternative but to kill others if i am to follow you, and feast off the dead in your wake.. which suits me just fine :p))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Yes, your friendly little neighborhood shade has reprimanded Azrael. He should be no more trouble, RIGHT AZRAEL?!? (wink wink) I think he should prove useful in the future.

Anyway, Malice won't find anything but a few rusted Goblin weapons in the alley. Everything else got shredded when Sha-kul had to intervene because of Azrael's untimely treachery. Those two gems I spoke of are in Malice's possession, because he was the only tangible player in the vicinity. Omnislash could've picked them up, but Forbidden~Paradise has been a little inactive lately. Rune, too...let's say they're meditating for now. I'll have them under Sha-kul's protection while you guys wander, if you decide to. Oh and Troik would you post some more info on your character, he's a little blurred...

Those gems can probably be sold at the shop for about 50 Gil each. The weapons are crap, maybe 50 for the lot of them. If you guys hit the shop, you can sell that stuff and buy some other things. While you guys are in a town, I'll say provisions are free, but on the road the food/drink will be necessary unless somebody can hunt (and the critters aren't easy prey). I'll gift you guys as currently having 10 days f/d. Also, as another gift, a day's f/d is enough for everyone, even if the team gets up to 20 people (don't plan that but s*** happens). No increase in price for provisions. 20 days is the same for 6 people as it is for 56 people, it'll always be 20 Gil at any town. Unless you want to keep going back, though...stock up pre-adventure, cuz towns are pretty stretched out across the landscape, plus you never know when a careful negotiation can involve food/drink. I haven't decided WHAT the f/d is...but that really doesn't matter so long as you have it.

Also I don't know if you guys are aware of this...in my opening I said that the REALMS are in turmoil...plural. The weapons are scattered throughout the realms...again plural. This fantasy world isn't the only realm you guys will go to. We have stops in the present day, the future, alien worlds, and all sorts of alternate realities that are all in danger of the evil force. When we go places like the present day world, you guys will need some appearance-altering charms. We can't have Dragonoids waltzing through downtown New York now can we? I will supply these things, but YOU guys have to be able to take advantage of them.

If all goes well, this should be Hella fun. I formally welcome Troik to our little quest, and may you guys have luck and skill with what comes before you. After hitting the market (strongly suggested), you guys are probably about ready to leave Nai-duun and head out. You'll have to choose what direction to go...and for all intents and purposes, think of this world as like Earth in structure (same landmasses and such). Nai-duun will be roughly in the middle of modern Arkansas. (I pick there because I live there and know the area fairly well.) Stuff is lush and pretty nice this time of year (call it May). The bigger cities are gone, and most of the place is covered in forest and streams. Okey doke, as I said, Omnislash and Rune are safe under Sha-kul, and next course is up to you. But I would advise hitting the shop. Another 150 Gil can be useful in your journey, and some new equipment would be good too. I have a moderate surplus of Gil for current transactions thanks to some generous donations, and I am working on a bank stash of 1000 which is collecting interest. Once that matures and I pay back the loan, I will be able to give you guys what you earn, so you can buy stuff that you need.))

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*Rune gets done with his meditation and looks around, he see's Sha-kul (SP?) keeping a close eye and watch for enemies. He nods at Sha-kul and disapears. He begins walking around the town, wondering what is around here. He comes upon a shop, he walks in and looks around and notices Mana Potions. He thinks to himself Hm, I could use some of these incase my magic becomes weary, yes. I will get three of them. He throws 450 gil onto the table and asks for the mana potions. Rune then continues outside and looks around once again, he notices Malice walking down the alley. Rune, being able to sense danger after years of battle, follows Malice.

He then summons his Phoenix to come and carry him in front of Malice, to watch for any danger. As he flies past Malice he see's shadow's of unknown creatures, he sets down quietly, with both him and his Phoenix being invisable. He looks at these creatures, he has seen them before. He has heard stories of them as well, now he waits for Malice to get closer.*

((Ok, you do whatever you can with these creatures. Lol, since I am finally in the picture. Sorry about the inactivity guys, been looking for a new job since McDonalds has been F***ing me over with my hours. Anyways, go on!!!))

((Oh yeah, paid for the potions and gave you 550 extra gold. Hope that helps out. :) ))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Coolness.))

*The shadowy figures are clustered together, hunched in the darkness. There are about 8 of them, and they are silent as they toss their abnormally long heads from side to side. One of Malice's feet crunches a human femur that is laying in the alley, and the creatures jerk to attention. They orient on the unseen Rune, as well. They hiss at the two figures before them, and clamber up onto the walls of the alley. They give a final hiss and take off into the bowels of the town. As they are leaving, they flash through a beam of sunlight that filters down through the rooftops, and a black, skeletal beast with an extremely elongated skull and a long tail is seen for a split second before it vanishes into the darkness.*

((Heh heh. I told you that all the realms are interconnected. Everything ever imagined is real somewhere and these guys just entered this realm. 50 Gil to whoever guesses what they are and why they could see Rune.))

((Oh, and Rune...payment recieved. The potions are yours.))

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
((Haha, well why don't we find out? They are around here somewhere, are they not? If not, I will edit my post.))

*Rune tells his Phoenix to follow the creatures and be as far in the air as it can be. The Phoenix then takes off and follows whatever they are. Rune then walks over to Malice and undo's his invincability (sp?)*

Never wander into dark alleys by yourself, be warned on this one... Whatever those creatures were, I doubt you could have taken them yourselves. Now how bout we continue, maybe there is something we can find inside this god foresaken place.

Malice: Hah, thanks. Never got to meet you yet though, Rune I believe? Nice meeting you. Now let's try to find a mage shop like I've been wanting too.

*Rune and Malice continue down the alley, Rune wanting to find anything he can, and Malice looking for a magic shop.*

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
Happy to finally be with a companion Malice Takes off his dirty robes and is once again glowing in his true form no longer needing to hide himself. He continued in search of his mage shop.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((As I told you, there is no real mage shop. The only shop in Nai-duun is the one listed on page 2. There are some artifacts there, but not many. For better stuff, we need to get to new towns.

On another note; Rune is right in that Malice could not have handled the creatures. Rune and Malice together would have been overmatched. Sha-kul would have had to get creative, even. And Azrael would have no influence on them either. These things are scary let me tell you. One is a challenge...8 is damn near unfair. That's a battle for the whole team, so...the phoenix will come up empty-handed...er...that's empty-clawed.

I'll straight up say why they detected Rune: they don't see. They have other senses. Figure it out yet? Heh heh. :lucifer))

((Another note: hmmmm....Kitty still hasn't posted her first move. I must talk to her and see if she's even interested anymore. Kender could be useful, but if Kitty is too involved in other stuff.......))

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
((Then we shall move on then? Let's!))

*After getting to the end of the alley and finding nothing, he turns back around and hears his Phoenix. He calls it down and looks at Malice.*

Malice, I take it there is nothing down this alley. And I am sure Sha-kul would like to get going on, we have alot to do in the near future. So how about we get going? Hop on!

*Rune and Malice hop onto the Phoenix and it then takes off back to town. It then lands right next to Sha-kul and they get off. The Phoenix then takes off into the air, disapearing instantly.*

If there is nothing more you need to do Malice, Sha-kul, we are now ready to go on. Should we get the others together now?

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((well, they must be powerful i'm guessing, as i couldn't do jack to them :p i'll think about it for a little bit..

edit: omg its the things from the movie Alien!! :D))