The Purging of the Realms

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Six creatures: Rune, Omnislash, Ian, Malice, and your thief (Raela, right?)...wait a sec...that's only 5...maybe I counted Azrael too...I'll edit that last post to five. And yes, you are included. I guess I put you in there without you being formally introduced into the RPG...in any case, yeah your thief fits the best and is in the game if that's who you want to play as. Oh and by the way Azrael you better not attempt to do anything mean to the Dragon shade...you wouldn't come out happy. Heh heh. He is able to defend himself so don't try anything...:D))

*A quick glance about the town commons shows the gathered adventurers a few random items of interest:
1) The rather crowded town market, mostly filled with Elves, but with a plentiful smattering of humans and various other human-spawned halfbreeds.
2) A cloaked stranger hobbling along...looks a bit shady but could be harmless. His robes reveal nothing of his physiology, but he is of a slight size.
3) A dark alley that goes a few feet into the bowels of the city, then takes a sharp left turn that hides any further visual probing.
4) A strong, robust young Draconian warrior who has drawn a bit of a crowd and is showing off his prowess with a zanbatou by brandishing it with expert ease. There are several young human women who seem quite impressed by his show.

Aside from that, not a whole lot in the town seems worth mentioning.*

((If somebody decides to go shopping for supplies, I'll let you know what's available. Everybody go ahead and list your supplies and inventory if you haven't already. This includes such items as gold and other valuables. This won't be a turn-based and statistical RPG, probably more realistic, so levels and such aren't really in play here. The combat will mostly be logically moderated by the "DM," which is officially me, but believe me that I am fair and you guys won't just be killed off. If anything, stuff might be a little easy. Al righty then, I think that about covers the basic exposition. Figure out what you guys want to do, and then we'll take it from there.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
The Draconian's boasting was making it difficult to meditate. Ian stood up. "Continue with your plans, allies, I have a lesson to teach." He walked towards the group. After shoving a few humans and elves aside, the rest of the crowd got the idea. They parted, allowing him through.

"You, pretender. Care to test your skills against a true warrior?"

"Who are you to challenge me? Some nobody, I bet," the warrior taunted. He brought his zanbatou down in a lazy overhead chop. Knowing full well that such a huge blade could easily cut him in two, Ian dodged to the side. Using the warrior's suprise at his speed, Ian dashed in and cuffed him on the neck. A sheen of frost crept over the warrior's neck, setting in. "What have you done to me?" he yelled, trying to shift his neck, but found it was frozen in place. All he could do was look straight forward.

"Don't worry, it wears off," Ian said sarcastically. "Next time, don't underestimate an opponent. Now fight me."

The warrior screamed in rage, and began to swing almost wildly with the massive blade. His anger, however, was a handicap. Ian stayed cool, dodging and feinting. After the warrior's movements slowed, Ian began to press the attack. He first began by hitting the warrior's shoulders, encasing them in ice. By now, the warrior's neck had thawed, leaving an angry red mark where the ice had been. Ian continued his attack, slowly freezing the man's arms. Eventually, the man could do nothing but hold his massive blade.

"Yield, fool."

The man, seeing that he had no other course in battle, said quietly, "I yield."

"Good. Next time you decide to boast, make sure no one who can hear you can beat you."

((I wasn't sure if I should have RPed the fight or not, but I'll let you, J'kar, post the crowd's reaction.))

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((Malices inventory:
1.A cloak
2.An arcane energy sword
3.A few spell components
4.4K in gold))

I want to know what is in stock at the mage shop. Any arcane artifacts or spellbooks?

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
((yea i kinda figured he'd be able to defend himself unlike those pathetic souls should they cross over :) don't you try anything either 'cause.. well.. anything we tried to do to the other could easily be nulled, being spectral and all, lol.. it'd just be pointless to try :p))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((First in response to Azrael, I think your guy would be a wee bit overmatched, but enough talk of that...your character is safe as long as he is useful. Second in response to DoC, the fight should really not have been RPed, as I had an intention or two for the Draconian, but hey you guys lost out on the valuable info you could have gained...oh well. Mistakes are a part of such games. I realize I am not online as often as would be convenient, but bear with me. I will tell you this much: the boastful Drac had the location of a rather respectable weapons and spellbook cache in the countryside outside the town, but....too late for that.

From now on, when I list items of interest, state your decision as well as your first course of action. I usually have something in mind. I'm not trying to be a hard@$$, I just would like things to run smoothly.

Oh, and just to say, I liked the way Ian handled that fight. :D Just so you know, the Drac was a boastful pig, but he would have had more respect for one whose blood is so similar to his own. It is well known that Dracs are pretty racist, and usually one of their own is about all that they are nice to.

Okey doke, in response to Malice's inquiry, the Elven town does not have a real mage shop. There is, however, that alley...who knows what may be found in there, given a little effort...))

*The crowd appears stunned for a few seconds, and one could hear a pin drop in the silence. But then, they all break out into applause as Ian winds back to the original meetingplace. A few attempted claps on the back were immediately discouraged though, by a very icy glare.*

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((lol i dont know your powers, but i'll belive you :D i am simply a spectral vulture pretty much.. and since i know you can cross the spectral barrier, ill take your word for it :p))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Good idea.:D. With that attitude, you may make it through the quest, lol. Okey doke, I guess we wait for next active player post.))

*In his dark home in the spectral plane, the shade, which may be referred to as "Sha-kul of the Darksights," waits impatiently as the mortals ponder upon their paths. Time is of the essence, and while their piddling may be necessary to achieve the destiny of the realms, the slowness of it is quite infuriating. Could he only do it himself...but then he wouldn't need them...*

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
Items of interest:
2) A cloaked stranger hobbling along...looks a bit shady but could be harmless. His robes reveal nothing of his physiology, but he is of a slight size.
3) A dark alley that goes a few feet into the bowels of the city, then takes a sharp left turn that hides any further visual probing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Malice scans the alley getting ready to head down it insearch of some new arcane weaponry with the white mage following so far behind that even Malice didnt even know that he was being followed.
Before Malice reaches the alleyway a very pecular cloaked stranger catches his eye. For some reason this stranger intreged him and Malice was about to find out why. So naturaly Malice decided to find out and went to follow the stranger hoping to catch his attention to strike conversation.
He would deal with the alley later, who knows what kind of power this stranger could posses. Malice slapped himself for that though surely no more than what lay in the alley of this elven town, but Malice still continued to pursue the stranger. While this was going on even Malice didnt even know that a White mage named Omnislash was doing the same but with Malice.

*waiting for J'kar DrachenFeuer to post the results or whatever you do lol.

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((It wont let me delete this second post because i accedentally double posted so please dont get pissed off))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((lol don't worry dude. Mistakes happen. Doubleposts like that will be forgiven. Anyway...back to beezness.))

*The strange cloaked figure begins to hurry, now aware that he is being followed. A furtive glance back by him confirms his suspicion as he catches sight of Malice. The small form turns back around and picks up his pace, moving fairly rapidly now. He elbows through the crowd and makes for another alleyway that you hadn't seen before. Malice considers whether or not to pursue...the alley looks a little forboding. If he hurries, he may be able to reach him before he gets there, but it would take a little luck...*

((In cases like this, where luck is a factor, I would roll a d6, and an even number would be lucky with an odd being unlucky. If you try to catch him, let me know and I'll do that. If you choose something else, you know the drill. Another thing to remember: chance is a part of this game, and is mostly represented by my coin flips or dice rolls. I won't have anything so critical as a character's life in the balance, but minor details will be left to fate, such as this. So...I await your reply.))

((Oh and by the way, when you guys refer to me and not my shade character, you can just call me Eric. That's my real name, and you don't have to worry about writing out J'kar DrachenFeuer every time. Convenience, ya know.))

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
Malice, seeing that the man had ran into one of the alleys, paused for a second and ran in after him with his hood falling down revealing his strange angelic face.

*Eric thats your cue, roll away, may the gods be with me on this one. lol

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*Malice runs for several meters into the alley chasing after the shadowy figure, who is moving with quite excellent speed now. The cloaked creature ducks around a corner and Malice follows, skidding to a stop as the curve reveals a small group of similarly cloaked figures. A quick glance reveals six of them including the one Malice chased. The panting one turns around and snarls gleefully. They all throw off their cloaks and Malice discovers that he has happened upon a small band of Goblin thieves.*

((Creature Description: Goblins--

Small, cowardly creatures of about four and a half feet tall, the Goblins are generally pack scavengers. Very dishonest and disloyal beasts, they resort to trickery and cheap shots to kill and rob anyone they can. They are not tremendously skilled foes, but their numbers tend to make them a moderate threat. Intimidation will work on small groups of them, but Goblins are pretty stupid and usually don't feel like taking the time to find another mark. While they may be unsavory creatures, their bodies are generally a good place to find past loot.))

*The goblins draw their weapons and prepare to attack. Three have small daggers. Another uses a tomahawk-like handaxe. The leader employs a rapier and the other holds a wicked looking kriss. All of the weapons are rusted and tarnished, which means that while slash quality is low, infection is a possibility. They should be handled with care.*

((Your move. If things go badly...Sha-kul may be around...but don't count on it.))

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((i chose to talk if i cant do that i will fight, but remember i have Omnislash following me but i dont know it))
*if you want me to write out the fight please let me know.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*The goblins are really not too high on the idea of talk. They really want to just kill you and take your possessions, so fighting or running your butt off would be the best idea. It is just some Goblins, though, so running would be pointless. They get ready to attack you.*

((yeah go ahead and RP the fight. The goblins are clever but stupid if that makes any sense. They attack fairly straightforwardly, so...deal with them that way. If I judge something to be a little unfair, I'll say so and rewrite the battle to suit what is fair. Don't worry though, I don't expect to have to.))

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Name: Emrold
Weapon: Sword

(Watched Malice chased the figure and get by a group of goblins)

I jumped with my sword and slice one gob right in half while I stab another in the back and cut another ones head off)

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian sat back on the fountain, then had an idea. He stood up on the edge of the fountain, then, with a downstroke of his wings, leapt above it, coming to rest on the peak of the fountain. This, however, blocked the spray. So he jumped again. This time, he beat his wings, hovering just above the spray, making it appear that he was standing on the water. A blue aura surrounded him for a moment, and the water below him froze into a platform. Sitting down, he began to meditate again.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((All right, Azrael, you can make your move now. Goblin bodies can surely offer up some energy for you.

By the way TrOiK, ease up on the one-hit kills. Goblins are easy to dispatch, but not that easy. I'll permit it this time, but...ease off.))

*The remaining goblins see the swift massacre of their buddies, and they decide to make thier own departure as swift. They drop their weapons and take off running down the alley.

A search through the dead bodies turns up a couple of gems, about 250 gold, and a shimmering amulet engraved with a double-headed dragon curling in on itself in the Infinity symbol. In addition, the goblins' rusty weapons are for the taking. They're in bad shape, but they could be sold.*

((Decide how to divide up the loot. Make it fair, or I'LL divide up the loot.))

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Drawn to the 3 goblin souls entering the spectral plane, Azrael is quick to appear before them, absorbing what little energy they can provide. Adding a moments worth of agonizing torture afterwards, it is deeply satisfied. Upon arriving, it immediately feels a nearby entity, a white priest, who has the power to detect its presense. Taking interest in these seemingly blood-cold killers, it decides to follow them in the hopes of new opportunities to exploit them for its own twisted gain.

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((Malice would like the amulet if its ok with the rest of the group))
With the battle seemingly over more goblins appear. They surround malice and his companions. Malice throws off of his cloak and shoots straight up into the air. One goblin pierces his wing with his axe. Malice slams to the ground and blacks out...

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Seeing its opportunity arise, Azrael quickly emits some of the energy it has absorbed, speaking a pure hatred for the fallen angel into the mind of the strongest Goblin, whose weak mind is unable to resist its will. The Goblin's fury building within him instantaneously, he moves in quickly, with the other Goblins close behind, signaling to his comrades to take the life of the unconscious angelic being.. at all costs.