The Purging of the Realms

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
The realms are in turmoil. An evil shadow has swept across the land. A small team of various creatures has undertaken the task of collecting the ten weapons of the gods, each one imbued with the power of an element. Once the weapons are obtained, they must be taken to a temple in the demon realm and placed in their places at the core of the complex. Once this is done, they will fuse into an ultimate weapon that can be used to either rid the realms of the evil presence, or destroy them utterly, depending on the nature of the soul who claims the weapon. The adventurers know that they must hurry, as the forces of evil are already on the same quest.
--------------
You will likely encounter just about anything on your journey. I won't actually have a character that I will play with, but my wraithlike Dragon Spirit will arise from time to time to help out or lead you in the right direction.

Characters need to be at least semihuman, with at least human intelligence and weapon manipulation skills. This is a fantasy setting, so creatures can be varied but not retarded. No super demons or such. Stick to obviously mortal beings.

-------------
[COLOR=[COLOR=Green]You will start in the central commons area of the Elven town of Nai-duun. Once about 6 to 8 characters are properly introduced, then the first group of hints and such will be released. Once that happens, stuff is pretty much up to you, so long as you follow the information you have and consult me via PM about any moderate to severe plot additions. I have not fully planned out everything that will happen, so you can also PM with a later plot suggestion that I may take under consideration.[/COLOR]
-------------
Take it away with your characters. Starting equipment will be logically and appropriately awarded after a sufficient medley of players is created.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((OOC: I'll be playing as Ian Silverwing, page 10 of Character Thread, if you want to check the stats))

Ian sat at the edge of the fountain in the center of the elven town. He had heard there was some form of quest or mission the elder was setting up. Maybe there would be good pay. Ian hoped so, because he was steadily running out of money. He watched the square carefully, hoping to spot another warrior.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
((OOC: I will be playing as my character Omnislash page 10 of character thread if you want to check the stats))

Omnislash peers around the corner to look into the square of the elven town Nai-duun, he sees a warrior and wonders if he also heard the rumor. He carefully observes the warrior, seeing that he is a Dragonoid Omnislash wonders if he can be trusted. Omnislash decides to wander into the square praying to the gods that he is ally worthy..

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Omnislash=the white priest? Glad to have another person in the group. A few more and the basic journey can begin. Lessee, we have a Dragonoid and a Human priest...a half-demon, an elf or two and something else with wings would make good additions. Free knowledge to all: flying WILL be a useful ability.))

*Unbeknownst to the two future-adventurers, a flickering shade gazes at them from a darkened corner of the market. Sizing them up, the spirit concludes that although they may have disagreements, they should prove to be worthy of the task. But it is not yet the time to think of the task...more are needed. The shadow fades into the darkness and is gone.*

RuneyPoo

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Class: Dark Elven Mage
Name: Rune
Characteristics: His age is unknown, he has white long hang with a white beard/goatie. He wears a white robe. He has a slightly big nose. He weighs about 170 and is about 5'10" in height.
Weapons: Book of Magic Spells and a Wooden Oak Staff with a Crystal Orb at the top. He also has a hand knife for upclose protection.
Abilities: He has the ability to create dark magic, creatures, and objects to defend himself with. Such as firey creatures and objects. He also has the ability to turn invisible for his protection. He can create defence barriors in close battle. And for offensive tactics he can throw people with his staff and create random objects to throw. As for the book of magic, he can turn objects and people into different things, depending on how strong their soul is. Etc...

History: Rune was raised in a land of elven magicians who used their powers to keep peace among the land. This land was called Dumarto. But as Rune grew up, he met friends from outside the land, not knowing that they were the dark elves. They asked him to leave the land for their's one day and, so he did. While there he was taught by the great dark elven mages, he became very loyal to them. Now he is one of the great elven mages of the dark elves. He now wants to do something with his life...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Someone just intro me for now... Lol... -Busy ATM-

Kitty

Reaction score
((I am going to join ^__________^ I think I'll use Raela, or Kender...well, Kender has to hide alot of stuff so maye not o_O

So, in short, which one do you think is better? A little human theif or a half-dragon battlemage?))

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
((A human thief could be useful I dont know what the quest contains but the thief is my guess.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I agree. We're nearly ready. One or two more people and we could likely start. We may even be okay as we are. Lets give it another day for anybody else to join, and then we'll get going. I think that Rune will be pretty helpful; he covers about any "terrain obstacles" what with being able to conjure creatures. That takes care of the "flying necessities" I mentioned. Coolness.))

*Watching the newcomers, the shade smiles inwardly. The team is nearly assembled, and its diversity will help them greatly. The quest will begin before too long.*

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
((My friend wants to join up with his Battlemage, Malice... He will be posting in the next 2 hours.))

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((OOC: I'll be playing as Malice, page 10 of Character Thread, if you want to check the stats))

Malice held his robes close to his body keeping sure that none of his body was showing through the robe. He then adjusted his hood and looked up. Yes, this was it the town of Nai-duun. Malice was relieved to see that the map he had stolen was relivant.
Malice didnt like stealing things but he seemed to have an unnatural knack for it, only if he didn't stick out so much he could really be good at it.
Well, this was the place, this is were he would become a few steps closer to retreaving the book that he yearned for so so much. This is the place where he could please the gods. People were always hiring mercinaries for many different assortments of quests.

Malice started across the central commons area heading for the pub across the street, looking behind him to make sure no one was following him and then (crash) he accedentally knocked over a white robed traveller...

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
With a stinging pain Omnislash landed on his knees. He got up and looked to see what has hit him from behind. He sees a figure that is robed from head to toe, all he could make out was these two enormos lumps protruding from the mysterious persons back.

Omnislash thinks to himself 'he might make a perfect companion'

"Excuse you!" Omnislash bellows, "Think you could watch where you are going!"

Omnislash's Phoneix Paradise let out a loud screech in protest.

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rune walks out of the Tavern and see's a man standing in front of the fountain, he knew there was a quest that was being created. He thought to himself, "It will include good money, and I know they could use me. Although, they might not trust me all that well." Rune continues over to the fountain and taps on the man's shoulder.

Hello, nice to meet you, my name is Rune. May I ask, is this where I should wait for the elder?

Ian Silverwing: Yes, this is where everyone should wait. I'm currently waiting for the elder. My name is Ian, nice to meet you, Rune?

They shake hands and continue talking as they wait for more people to come and as they wait for the elder to say more.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((Oooo ooo give me permission to join please :D i am not mortal though :( and not a good individual either.. Azrael, page 10 of submission thread.. i cant do anything unless someone dies anyways, so i think you should lemme be around so i can consume some soulage if there's any killing :) and i wont torture your dragon spirit, i swear :p just say yes and ill be actively waiting for someone to die like the vulture i am :)))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"Rune, do you have any idea how long we'll have to wait? As beautiful as elven towns are, I'd rather be in battle." He flexed his wings and stretched his arms, muscles rippling beneath scale and skin.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*A flash lights up the sky and time is frozen for all but the adventurers. The dragon shade slides out of the ground in front of them and settles into a dark and shimmering Draconian form. ((For the appearance check out my character on page 10 I think. It's not actually him but it's what he looks like)). The spirit looks at the five creatures before him ((Azrael can join the quest a little later)) and smiles grimly. In a dark multivoice he begins...*

"At last you have all arrived...it is now time for you all to risk your lives in a quest for the Gods. The dark creature known as Beliar has cast his evil shadow over the Realms, and if he is not stopped, all will be plunged into the cataclysmic rage of his inner soul. He has stirred the malevolent forces of the Realms into his servants, and he has already begun the same quest you now face.

Long ago, the Gods placed 10 weapons of incredible elemental power into these Realms, and scattered them all across reality. Beliar's forces are searching for them as we speak, and if he finds them before we do, all is to be lost. Your journey will be difficult...it is likely at least one of you will die. But the spoils of the war combined with the necessity of the quest is plenty enough to make the risk worthwhile.

You may convene amongst yourselves for the best beginning course of action. You may choose to search this town for needed supplies or information, or you may begin your journey now. Decide your course, but be quick about it, for time is of the essence. I cannot hold this time warp for any longer...decide."

*With this, he fades into the ground and time resumes as normal. The adventurers look at each other in mild confusion, and begin to converse.*

((Will be back later...must go for now.))

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((Thanks :) i cant wait to see you all in hell :D))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"I have all the equipment I require. If the rest of you desire to shop for equipment, I will be right here when you return." With that, he sat back down on the edge of the fountain and started to meditate.

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
"I take it I to take up the quest and you will be my companions, will anyone come to the mage shop with me, but we must be quick about it?"

Kitty

Reaction score
((Er, J'kar...do the "six creatures" include my chara, too? o.o Tell me so I could know where and when to start.))