The niceEST public pvp sorc

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey, i now have a lvl 90 sorc, which haven't used a single stat. ye it was boring to make such but wtf :p

Anyways, im wondering what the strongest public pvp sorc is. I dont use bug items, but i don't follow pvp rules like no thunder storm etc. How do i make it the best? and yes i got the recources to do so.

Is this the best?:

STR 150
DEX 150
VIT rest
ENE 150

HELM Shako
ARMOR Vmagi and Valor
WEAPON 1 Wizspike
SHIELD 1 SS
GLOVES Frostburn
BELT SoE
BOOTS Waterwalk
AMULET Mara's
RING 1 Frostraven
RING 2 SoJ
CHARMS
20+ 20 to life sc w/ other mods
2-3 cold skill gc w/ other mods
2-4 light skill gc w/ other mods
SKILLS

MAX Frozen Orb
MAX Thunder Storm
MAX Lightning Mastery
MAX Warmth
5 (or more) Cold Mastery
1 to all prereqs
NO OTHER FIRE SKILLS BESIDES WARMTH

Or do you have changes additions to it?

Thank you, over and out

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
That the Regular build for a Soc. Seem lik a Cow Soc then a PvP.:rolleyes:

Also should max nova cuz it can lock them if u are have a good fcr and u dont have to max warmth.

Ebay.God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtreme-host.net
Get either a fcr belt or glooms. Also, choose either the valor or the vmage. i advise vmage. instead of frosties get magefist, instead of waterwalk, get silks. And instead of mara's get tal ammy =P

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm gonna make changes to your build, then describe why afterwards.

Originally posted by yeahyeah
Hey, i now have a lvl 90 sorc, which haven't used a single stat. ye it was boring to make such but wtf :p

Anyways, im wondering what the strongest public pvp sorc is. I dont use bug items, but i don't follow pvp rules like no thunder storm etc. How do i make it the best? and yes i got the recources to do so.

Is this the best?:

0)
STR (107-Str on Boots) if using Magi, (111-Str on Boots) if using Valor
DEX (217 - Dex on items)
VIT Rest
ENE Base

HELM Shako (ber)
ARMOR Vmagi and Valor (ber)
WEAPON 1 Wizspike (15 Mana, 12% DTM, + Dex, + Energy)
SHIELD 1 SS (12% DTM, 30 Psn Res, + Dex, -15% Reqs)
GLOVES Frostburn

1)
BELT Crafted Caster Belt (5+ Cast, 19 Str, +50 Life, +20 Mana, 30% Lit Res, 24% FHR, 10% Regen)

2)
BOOTS Rare Classic Boots with the mods:+40 Mana, 30+ Lit Res, + Str, 20% FHR, + Dex, 30+ Poison Res

3)
AMULET 20% Cast, +2 to Sorc Skills Crafted Ammy, 20 Mana, 10% Regen
RING 1 SoJ (if another sorc enters the game, wear raven)
RING 2 SoJ

CHARMS

4)
10 +20 Life//+17 Mana sc
10 +1 Cold Skill//+45 Life GC's

SKILLS

5)
MAX Frozen Orb
MAX Thunder Storm
MAX Lightning Mastery
16 Warmth (Viper Setup)
12 (or more) Cold Mastery
1 in Mana Sheild
1 in Teleport

Thank you, over and out
Stats of your sorc:

Life (Magi setup without + Dex added):
40 + 90 + 342 + 135 + 50 + 450 + 200 = 1307

Life (.09 Valor setup)
40 + 90 + 332 + 135 + 50 + 450 + 90 + 200 = 1397

Life (.08 Valor Setup)
40 + 90 + 332 + 135 + 50 + 450 + 630 + 200 = 1937

Mana(using 2 SoJ's & not counting + energy on wiz jewel):
35 + 180 + 135 + 180 + 4 + 15 + 20 + 40 + 170 + 20 + 40 = 839

839 * (.25+.25+.15+.4+1) = 1719
61 Mana Regen Per Second

(Using 1 Raven):
859*(.25+.15+.4+1) = 1546
54 Mana Regen Per Second

Resistances in Hell(viper):
70% Cold Res
Max(75%) Lit Res /w 20 Stacked
70% Poison Res
10% Fire Res
Keep in mind I don't count Anya Res since it's bugged.

9 Frame FHR Break
8 Frame Cast Break
Max Block
61% DR

Justification for changes made:
0) You didn't account for str//dex on gear, and you have plenty of mana.

1) I prefer an 8 frame cast rate. If really want to use valor, then swap this belt out for an SoE, and drop to a 9 frame cast & lower resistances.

2) Those boots will be more beneficial than waterwalks.

3) Use a crafted ammy like that one. It's much better than Mara's.

4) Use those charms. You will be hitting with orb far more than TS, and TS is easily negated.

5) And I personally would prefer that skill set if going Orb & TS. A 90% cold mastry will prove invaluable.

Well that's my spin on things. Good luck getting all those items.

PS - One more thing. Keep in mind sorcs are really hard to play well. All those items won't help you that much if you come up against a better player. And don't listen to the advice of the two people posting above me. Nova is almost useless in pvp, and you will only kill idiots with it.

Post up what build you want to use, valor or viper. I'd suggest viper since I'm a lover of 8 frame cast, but ~1.8k life with max DR on a sorc will be one hell of a tank. Your choice.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the datailed guide :D I appreciate it a lot. I'm going to go with viper, since 08 valor is most likely to be duped, and im probably the biggest anti haxx0r.
I fear that some of the items you describe will be hard to get - those crafted ones anyway. I'm rather rich considering i got around 20* arreats, oculus, skullders, shaft, ss, gaze, wt, shako and so on, but still i think its hard..do you think its hard too or do you think i can make it?

Thank you very much

PS: i dont quite get what you mean saying 107 str on boots? and the same with the others too? plz help me out there :) Also shouldn't i use one of them cold shields?

thank you, hope you will continue helping me here :)

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally Posted by Me
STR (107-Str on Boots) if using Magi, (111-Str on Boots) if using Valor
When I said that, I meant you should put 107 stats in strength minus the + to strength you have on your boots, since perfect boots will be fairly hard to get.

And you're right, you could get those pre .08 boots, but they wil be very expensive. Be prepared to come off a load of 3/20/20's for that.

As for the ammy, you could craft that up with ral runes, psapphires, and magical ammy's. Just be prepared to use boatloads of crafting supplies. Same goes for the belt.

And as far as that "cold shield", do you mean a black oak luna? Because you'll probably want to completely change up your gear set if you're going to duel just a sorc. This gear set will allow you to do well in a chaotic public duel, but if you're going 1v1, you're going to want to use different gear.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oki, get the strength thing now. Coldshield meaning shiver armor, frozen armor or whatever? Your build is very extreme considering i actually can't add to str and dex before i have my boots :> but oki, i asked for it myself so.

Do you have any suggestions for stuff i can use untill i get that good stuff, and how much str and dex can a pair of rare boots have at the same time as max? im asking so i at least can add some str and dex untill i get a pair

Thx

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oki, get the strength thing now. Coldshield meaning shiver armor, frozen armor or whatever? Your build is very extreme considering i actually can't add to str and dex before i have my boots :> but oki, i asked for it myself so.

Do you have any suggestions for stuff i can use untill i get that good stuff, and how much str and dex can a pair of rare boots have at the same time as max? im asking so i at least can add some str and dex untill i get a pair

Thx
I NEVER add stats until I'm sure of all my gear setups, so just wait.

I could possibly recommend some other options as far as gear goes, that's a bit cheaper.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well as i said, i want it to be ultimate, and yours sound very well like it. Guess i'd just have to take my time to get that belt and the amulet crafted properly, and finding those boots. oh yeah those jewels 12% DMT - it means damage taken goes to mana right?

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh yeah those jewels 12% DMT - it means damage taken goes to mana right?
Yes, and one other thing. That build, if you go by prices, will probably cost a rediculous amount of trading power. I'd be really surprised if you were able to get a sorc outfitted like that. I've only seen about 2 in my time that were able to amass that kind of gear together.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How much str and dex can those boots give? Considering it got both str and dex at the same time of course?

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
+19 to dex and str IIRC. However, boots with +19 to str and +19 to dex have probably NEVER been found. Boots with Str, FHR, and Mana would be a spectacular find. Finding them with dex and dual res would be pretty much downright impossible.

1 more thing, if you have other questions, feel free to AIM me.

c9h13no3hcl

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol damn boots :p sounds nice though...i think you gotta suggest me some other boots, and change the amount of stats i need according to those. I'm afraid i dont got aim, but msn though.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm afraid i dont got aim, but msn though.
c9h13no3_@hotmail.com

I have every messanger service ;)

Some other mentionable boots, would be waterwalks (as you originally stated). Soul Spurs would be good, but since they're duped, you probably wouldn't want to use them.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have added you now - we can continue the talk there, when you log on. You are probably from America, so i'd have to wait for tonight, which would be your morning/day :)

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are you there, c9h13no3? I still wish to talk to you, and i added you to msn :) where ever you are, come back :D

Stryder

Reaction score
Dont spam yeahyeah if he not on then he not on.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
DMT: When you are dealt damage, 15% of the damage you recieve is converted (not taken away from life) to mana.

For instance, you have Najs Armor on and are hit for 100 damage and have 200 life.

I have no mana (of 100).

You are hit for 100 damage. Najs armor takes 45% of what you took and converts THAT to mana. So you would gain 45 mana each time you got hit.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kao
DMT: When you are dealt damage, 15% of the damage you recieve is converted (not taken away from life) to mana.

For instance, you have Najs Armor on and are hit for 100 damage and have 200 life.

I have no mana (of 100).

You are hit for 100 damage. Najs armor takes 45% of what you took and converts THAT to mana. So you would gain 45 mana each time you got hit.
Not exactly. You still get the life taken off. It just converts that much of it to mana.

PS - My MSN is giving me hell. I'm not really using MSN, I'm using trillian. So I'll see if I can't get on MSN, but until then, just ask your questions here.