The niceEST public pvp sorc

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well I didn't read even half of this thread but I do know one sorce that I made before my accounts got deleted that I know would have faired well.

Stats:
Vit- As high as possible(Stack when done with strength and dex)
Dex- Enough for 75%CTB
Strength- As low as possible around 90-130
Energy- 100(enough for 1200Mana)

Skills:
20Orb
20CM
20TS
20LM
Warmth Stack
1tele
1Mana shield
1 Forgot the name but the 2nd cold armor.... chilling maybe?

Equip:
Wizard Spike(15Resist all 7FHR)
1.09 Shako(Ber)
1.09 Storm Shield(-15, 15Resist all)
1.09 ViperMagi(Jah)
2x SoJ
Maras 30% or a nice rare with +2 sorce 10+FCR and +Resist and +stats
Belt= ? meh maybe the new 1.10 one or a 24FHR 10FCR +Stats +Life ,
Boot= ? Water walks 65+Life or a nice duped on like imp shanks with FHR+STATS+RESIST
1.09 Mage Fists
10x Cold Skills charms and 10x Lightning Skills charms in stash(Please with 35++Life, this can add around 350-500+your life!)
and a Variation of Small charms, probly a few 20life/17mana SC's and 5FHR/11+a resist ect...

NOTE: Also have found that you can add 2+more strength and you can use Arkains valor, this seems to be good in some instances so I suggest you have a .08 Valor(If there still around) Um'd in your stash.

This sorce has:
Max Block
50DR(Maxed in 1.10 I believe)
High Skill Damage
110FCR-115(Did they fix the bug? I'm not sure on that one)
Good FHR rate(Depends on gear but be sure to hit some of the breakpoints)
around 1000K+Life(Can be lower can be higher depending on gear and Level)
1200+Mana(this is great mana, but if you really want to get elite and try for the perfect amount you need with Xlvl of your energy shield you can)

I made this sorce.... aint it a bitch I couldn't try her out in 1.10 cause Battle.net was getting rid of my "Hacks" hah, I only botted and used my hack on an different account and I didn't ever use it on my pk... damn o well, PLEASE NO FLAMES IF I TOTALY MISSED WHAT THIS THREAD IS SAYING SINCE IM A LAZY BIOTCH AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well it could be good, I'm not to say, but I'm gonna go with the guide c9h13no3 promised he would send me via e-mail.

Also i can't really take you serious since you use(d) bots and dupes/bugs which i dispite.

Oh, and in your quote - It's taking, not takeing.

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by yeahyeah
Well it could be good, I'm not to say, but I'm gonna go with the guide c9h13no3 promised he would send me via e-mail.

Also i can't really take you serious since you use(d) bots and dupes/bugs which i dispite.

Oh, and in your quote - It's taking, not takeing.
Twisted has a pretty good build. It's actually QUITE similar to mine, except that he advocates using magefists and I advocated using some rarer fast cast items. However, with 1.10 items, out, I think both of our builds are out dated. Items like Arachnid Mesh are going to make caster belts totally obsolete.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
okay, so are you willing to make me a new guide again? I'm not begging you or anything, just the last one was pretty nice:)

thx

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well your gear will prolly look something like this:

Shako (Jah)
Wizardspike (Mana//FHR Jewel)
Arachnid Mesh
Stormshield (15 Res All, -15 reqs)
2 SoJ's
Frostburns
Skins of the Vipermagi (35% Res All) (Shael)
10% Cast, +2 to Sorc Skills, +25% Lit Res.
Sandstorm Trek (perfect)

It also might be worth your time to consider going with a Ormus' Robes build, since it's stats are fairly decent. You'd be a bit short on cast, so you'd have to either wear a caster ring, or find a 15%+ caster amulet, which can be kinda hard to obtain. You'd also drop some res all.

Anyways, that build will give you max Lit, Cold, and Poison Res in hell, and a decent amount of mana and life. However, your damage will probably be a tad low compared to sorcs using the new items that do things like +% to cold damage.

And lastly a comment on skills, you said you wanted to make an Orb + TS sorc, but I personally don't like those. I find TS is really for dealing with classes that you'd beat otherwise, and killing noobs. I much prefer a blizzard & orb build. It saves on skill points, and gives you a really good off-screen attack. Of course it's defin8ly a matter of personal preferance, but that's just me. An Orb + TS sorc is also easier to play, and it gives you an alternate kill method if they're wearing boatloads of cold absorb.

So tell me what you think of that gear, and once we get it hammer out we can talk about skills and stats.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TwistedRat
@c9 Have they fixed the 105 FCR bug?
I'm not sure. One could always ask on the dii.net forums. I personally haven't had that much problem with the 105 FCR thing, but then again my play time with a sorc that teleports has been limited.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
eh, I always had a problem with it since most of the time It was a hit and run strategy with orb. I'll check diabloii.net.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well most of the things seems obtainable, though the jewel with 15 all res and -15 req, might be tough :)

What i don't have atm is a jah rune, a jewel for my wiz spike, and one for my stormshield plus the belt and boots. The amu is rather easily crafted.

I will go with those things - so skills and stats. Well i have max orb, and 12 CM. Also my TS and LM is both maxed out. So that kinda leaves the skills part finished. Stats - i have no idea :)

THx

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Go for max block-
Dex- at lvl 99 should be like 222?maybe
strength- as low as posible
vit- as much as posible
energy- Enough for 1200 mana(around 100)

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Go for max block-
Dex- at lvl 99 should be like 222?maybe
strength- as low as posible
vit- as much as posible
energy- Enough for 1200 mana(around 100)
I'm not on my computer, so I'm not sure of all the formulas offhand, but I'm sure that you're gonna need more mana than that if you're gonna use E-shield. I'd also go with max CM since it's been lowered a bit. I'll comment fully l8r tonight.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well I've heard many things about ES, I always go to dii.net and ask what is the best X ES lvl for X amount of mana.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay, lord. I coulda sworn they had dropped the -res on cold mastry, but apparently I was wrong, in the other direction. It has actually gone up quite a bit. So.....

20 in Orb
20 in Cold Mastry
1 in Ice Bolt
1 in Ice Blast
1 in Frost Nova
1 in Glacial Spike
1 in Blizzard

are pretty much no-brainers.

Now you've got to have teleport, and you've gotta have E-Shield.

1 in Energy Shield
1 in Teleport
1 in Telekinesis
1 in Charged Bolt
1 in Lit
1 in Chain Lit

and Warmth is also 100% necessary, so:

1 in Warmth

So that leaves you with 44 skill points left at level 85.

At level 85, with the gear you have (if you have no mana on charms) you will be running at 1216 mana (assuming you have a 15 mana//7% FHR jewel on your spike). So that leaves you a bit short. If you have 10 perfect 17/20 charms you'll end up with 1573. With that kind of mana you probably won't need to pump warmth very hard. If you can't get hardly any mana from charms, pumping warmth might be an option you'll want to consider. I'd always try to pump warmth before putting points in energy. It's more beneficial. So that really depends on you gear, so I can't really say before I know what kind of charms you have.

Now assuming that your mana situation will be fine, all the rest of your skill points should go to increasing your damage. Now it is my belief that anyone who dies to TS will be able to be killed by some other spell (like orb). But I know it can be beneficial, so I'll cover both builds (Orb + TS, Orb + Blizzard) so you can pick.

Orb + Blizzard:

With 44 skill points left, I would drop 19 into Ice Bolt for the Orb and Blizzard synergy. Then 19 into Blizzard. I find blizzard is extremely useful as you can't run from it, and it is a good way to make people move from their current spot (but not as good as hydra). It does a LOAD of damage per shard. If you name lock an opponent, you've got a really good chance at dealing them a large amount of damage. It's also quite useful against teleporters if you can predict where they will tele to next, and place a blizzard waiting for them. It works a bit better than orb since it will stay a bit longer. Not to mention it's leaner on skill points, will buff up your orb more, and will allow you to have more mana (because it uses less skill points).

20 in Orb
20 in Cold Mastry
20 in Blizzard
20 in Ice Bolt
1 in Ice Blast
1 in Frost Nova
1 in Glacial Spike
1 in Energy Shield
1 in Teleport
1 in Telekinesis
1 in Charged Bolt
1 in Lit
1 in Chain Lit
6 in Warmth
96 Total

If you need more points in warmth, just take them out of blizzard.
You could also drop 1 point into TS and Mastry to nub over the people who forget about lit res. But like I said, if they don't know to wear max lit res, you should be able to kill them anyways.

Orb + TS:

This gives you a dual element attack, and is also more useful for newer sorcs who haven't yet gotten used to the art of placing orbs. Unfortunately, it's easily resisted, or blocked with a golem, bone wall, or other minion. However, with everyone teleporting these days due to enigma, it looks like a very viable way to go. I personally am not an Orb + TS person, but I know quite a few duelers who are and wouldn't do without it. And since you seem a bit inexperianced, I'm thinking it may be the way to go for you. Your final skill points would look like this:

20 in Orb
20 in Cold Mastry
20 in TS
20 in Lit Mastry
1 in Nova
1 in Static Field
1 in Ice Blast
1 in Ice Bolt
1 in Frost Nova
1 in Glacial Spike
1 in Energy Shield
1 in Teleport
1 in Telekinesis
1 in Charged Bolt
1 in Lit
1 in Chain Lit
3 in Warmth

So notice that with this build, your Orb is going to have less damage, and you'll also have less points in warmth. However, it's your choice, and if you decide you want a stronger orb, you can always take points out of Lit Mastry (or TS, whichever does less damage) and put them in Ice Bolt or Warmth if you want more mana.

Another idea to consider is hydra, but I personally don't have any play experiance with it. I have played against it, and it's quite effective at keeping your opponent moving instead of attacking, but you'll RARELY hit them. And if they have a nokozan relic in their stash, they can sit there and tank your hydra if he's low level.

But those are my two suggestions. Take your pick.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I've heard many things about ES, I always go to dii.net and ask what is the best X ES lvl for X amount of mana.
1 Point in it should cut it. With plus to skills it's going to be high no matter how you slice it.

Oh and I forgot. It takes 206 dex at level 85 to have max block, as given by the formula on the Arreat Summit:

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)
Blocking = A total of the Blocking on all of your items.

Heh, we should prolly turn this thread into a guide.