The niceEST public pvp sorc

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
okay im gonna go with the orb ts, hence i already put some points into TS. I think its the best for me. Would you be so kind to write about my stats? it would be great :) thx for the item and skill guide upthere, really neat!

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Stats are easy.

Shako (Jah)
Wizardspike (Mana//FHR Jewel)
Arachnid Mesh
Stormshield (15 Res All, -15 reqs)
2 SoJ's
Frostburns
Skins of the Vipermagi (35% Res All) (Shael)
10% Cast, +2 to Sorc Skills, +5% Lit Res, +20 Mana.
Sandstorm Trek (perfect)

If that's what your final gear is like, then your base stats will be:

Strength
133 - 15 (trek) - 2 (shako) - 20 (annihilus) = 98 Strength Base

You just need enough to use SS with a -reqs jewel. And that's 133 minus the strength from gear, which is shown above.

Dex
206 - 2 (shako) - 20 (annihilus) = 184 Dex Base

Enough for max block - dex from gear.

Vitality:
Put the rest of your stats here.

Energy:
With good charms, points in warmth, and you gear set, you should have all the mana you'll ever need. Leave this at base.

Charms:
10 Cold Skill Charms with as much life as you can get on them.
9 Mana///Life sc's
1 Annihilus (perfect if possible)

You sorcs stats:
If you have 9 x 10 mana///20 Life sc's, 10 coldskill charms with 15 life, a perfect annihilus, perfect sandstorm treks, perfect vipermagi, a +15 Mana//7% FHR jewel in your spike, and a 15% Cast, 5%+ Lit Res, +20 Mana, +2 to all skills caster ammy, your sorc's stats will look something like this:

Breakpoints:
8 Frame Cast (115% FCR) /w Double Tele Prevention
9 Frame Hit Recover (47% FHR)
6 Frame Block Rate (35% FBR)

Resists & Blocking (in Hell Difficulty):
75% Blocking
45% Physical Damage Resistance
45% Fire Resistance
Max Cold Resistance (105%)
Max Lit Resistance (75%)
Max Poison Resistance (115%)

Life, & Mana:
1489 Mana regenerating at 43 Mana per Second
1099 Life

Base Skills:
20 in Orb
20 in Cold Mastry
20 in TS
20 in Lit Mastry
1 in Nova
1 in Static Field
1 in Ice Blast
1 in Ice Bolt
1 in Frost Nova
1 in Glacial Spike
1 in Energy Shield
1 in Teleport
1 in Telekinesis
1 in Charged Bolt
1 in Lit
1 in Chain Lit
3 in Warmth

Final Skills:
39 in Orb
39 in Cold Mastry
29 in TS
29 in Lit Mastry
10 in Nova
10 in Static Field
20 in Ice Blast
20 in Ice Bolt
20 in Frost Nova
20 in Glacial Spike
10 in Energy Shield
10 in Teleport
10 in Telekinesis
10 in Charged Bolt
10 in Lit
10 in Chain Lit
12 in Warmth

Some Possible Weaknesses:
At best you'll be regenerating mana at 43 mana per second. With teleport costing 15 mana a pop you will be a bit short on regen when you're teleporting 3 times a second. You could fix this by adding a couple lit skill charms to bring down the mana cost of teleport, and up the damage on your TS, or you could get some more mana regen on your gear by socketing your shako with a pskull. More points into warmth couldn't hurt you either instead of dropping 20///20 into Lit Mastry + TS. You defin8ly want to regenerate mana while you're teleporting. Your fire res is also a bit low, but I seriously doubt you'll have a problem with that. Otherwise, I'd say it looks good. Good luck obtaining all that gear. Happy Hunting.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by c9h13no3
Stats are easy.

Shako (Jah)
Wizardspike (Mana//FHR Jewel)
Arachnid Mesh
Stormshield (15 Res All, -15 reqs)
2 SoJ's
Frostburns
Skins of the Vipermagi (35% Res All) (Shael)
10% Cast, +2 to Sorc Skills, +5% Lit Res, +20 Mana.
Sandstorm Trek (perfect)

If that's what your final gear is like, then your base stats will be:

Strength
133 - 15 (trek) - 2 (shako) - 20 (annihilus) = 98 Strength Base

You just need enough to use SS with a -reqs jewel. And that's 133 minus the strength from gear, which is shown above.

Dex
206 - 2 (shako) - 20 (annihilus) = 184 Dex Base

Enough for max block - dex from gear.

Vitality:
Put the rest of your stats here.

Energy:
With good charms, points in warmth, and you gear set, you should have all the mana you'll ever need. Leave this at base.

Charms:
10 Cold Skill Charms with as much life as you can get on them.
9 Mana///Life sc's
1 Annihilus (perfect if possible)

You sorcs stats:
If you have 9 x 10 mana///20 Life sc's, 10 coldskill charms with 15 life, a perfect annihilus, perfect sandstorm treks, perfect vipermagi, a +15 Mana//7% FHR jewel in your spike, and a 15% Cast, 5%+ Lit Res, +20 Mana, +2 to all skills caster ammy, your sorc's stats will look something like this:

Breakpoints:
8 Frame Cast (115% FCR) /w Double Tele Prevention
9 Frame Hit Recover (47% FHR)
6 Frame Block Rate (35% FBR)

Resists & Blocking (in Hell Difficulty):
75% Blocking
45% Physical Damage Resistance
45% Fire Resistance
Max Cold Resistance (105%)
Max Lit Resistance (75%)
Max Poison Resistance (115%)

Life, & Mana:
1489 Mana regenerating at 43 Mana per Second
1099 Life

Base Skills:
20 in Orb
20 in Cold Mastry
20 in TS
20 in Lit Mastry
1 in Nova
1 in Static Field
1 in Ice Blast
1 in Ice Bolt
1 in Frost Nova
1 in Glacial Spike
1 in Energy Shield
1 in Teleport
1 in Telekinesis
1 in Charged Bolt
1 in Lit
1 in Chain Lit
3 in Warmth

Final Skills:
39 in Orb
39 in Cold Mastry
29 in TS
29 in Lit Mastry
10 in Nova
10 in Static Field
20 in Ice Blast
20 in Ice Bolt
20 in Frost Nova
20 in Glacial Spike
10 in Energy Shield
10 in Teleport
10 in Telekinesis
10 in Charged Bolt
10 in Lit
10 in Chain Lit
12 in Warmth

Some Possible Weaknesses:
At best you'll be regenerating mana at 43 mana per second. With teleport costing 15 mana a pop you will be a bit short on regen when you're teleporting 3 times a second. You could fix this by adding a couple lit skill charms to bring down the mana cost of teleport, and up the damage on your TS, or you could get some more mana regen on your gear by socketing your shako with a pskull. More points into warmth couldn't hurt you either instead of dropping 20///20 into Lit Mastry + TS. You defin8ly want to regenerate mana while you're teleporting. Your fire res is also a bit low, but I seriously doubt you'll have a problem with that. Otherwise, I'd say it looks good. Good luck obtaining all that gear. Happy Hunting.
Too bad I can't build this sorce...again; I'm to poor...again to buy anything ^^ gogo ladder and
*note to anyone at blizz/battle.net
-TOOK MY SHIT AGAIN EH?
-**** YOU
-JOO BASTARDS

Edit:

Also is there any .08 Valors anymore? if there is just add +2 strength and you can wear it and cast a bit slower though...

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TwistedRat
Also is there any .08 Valors anymore? if there is just add +2 strength and you can wear it and cast a bit slower though...
I dunno, I personally think that 9 frames is plenty fast, but I'm not exactly the best sorc player either. Every good sorc that I've talked to has advocated an 8 frame cast rate. So meht, I guess it depends on how good you are.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well that's just a mofo nice guide :D I'm pretty sure im able of obtaining those things, since i got a lot of them already. Thank you for making it so detailed and easy read. This topic should without a doubt be a sorc pvp stickie!

Thx

fuxor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
GODLY 09 PVP SORC:

Sorc Skills:

1 tele
10-15 warmth
max ts
max light mastery
max orb
5-10 cold mastery
rest in shiver armor

Sorc Stats:

58 str
enough dex for max block for Clvl
rest in Vita
150 ene

Sorc Gear:

1) Ber 09 Shako
2) Ber Viper Magi (34 resist)
3) Ber Whistands Guard (whistands is better then ss on sorc low str 75% blocking; i have a mule of ss and whistands better)
4) Wizspike (7% fhr 9 dex jewel)
5) Magefists
6) 20% fcr 10 dex 40 life crafted ammy
7) String of ears 14% dmg reduction
8) Soj
9) 10% fcr 9 dex rare ring
10) Grim spurs rare dupped boots
11) 5 cold skill charms some with life mods
12) 5 light skill charms some with life mods
13) 4 5% fhr scs
14) 6 20 life scs

Notes:
1)Sorc had max block nearly 50% dr the break point for casting and faster hit recovery 75% resist around 900 life at lvl 89 29 orb and 29 ts
2)Sorc killed all legit duelers and some bugged duelers
3) Better build would have 10 cold charms 1 with 12% fhr

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you had read thise whole thread you would have knownm that im anti cheat/dupe etc. Also it's 1.10 now me 'friend'

thelegend666

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I am just making a better suggestion for a 1.10 sorc. If you wanted a true killer I would say get a pure-bred fire sorc. In the end a single fire ball can be getting around 15k damage, without that expensive of items. Here's how I would make it:

STR: 60
DEX: Equip stormshield and other equiptment, then go till max block
VITA: All the rest (my lvl 87 sorc is 320 with equiptment, around 800 hp naked)
ENE: 70

Equipment:

Belt: Arachnid Mesh(20% FCR, +1 skills, 5% max mana)
Gloves: Magefist (20% FCR, +1 Fire skills, 25% regen mana)
Helm: Shako "Cham" or "Lo" (+2 skills, +2 attributes, 10% DR, 1-148 mana/life depending on lvl)
-the Cham is if you don't want to get frozen, Lo for trap asns and FOH pallys, I prefer Lo because being frozen doesn't slow me down much being a fire sorc
Primary Weapon: Heart Of The Oak runeword (+3 skills, 40% FCR, 30-40% resist all, +10 dex, 15% max mana, +20 replenish life)
Primary Shield: Stormshield "Um"(35% DR, +30 str, 35% blockrate, 82% cold resist, 47% Light resist, 22% poison/fire resist)
Secondary Weapon: Call to Arms (+2-6 Battle orders, +1-4 Battle Command, +1 to all skills) This way you can use the barb skill and oak sage together to gain massive life (2800+ life on my sorc)
Secondary Shield: Lidless Wall (+1 skills, 20% FCR) Since oyu only use secondary to battle order/command yourself the +1 skills is all you need
Amulet: Mara's (30% resist all, +2 all skills, +5 attributes) or 20% FCR crafted ammy with desired mods
Rings: 2x SOJS (50% more mana, +2 skills, +40 mana)
Armor: Enigma, Chains of Honor, or Vipermagi, it's personal preferrance there (Check this site out for the Runewords Enigma and COH)
Boots: Imp Shank (30% R/W, 40% FHR i think..i would have to log on to check, +18 strength, +49% light resist, +other resists)

Skills:
An easy way to say it, max fire ball and all it's syndergies, 1 point into warmth, max fire mastery, and get 1 into telekinesis and teleport, so you can tele around to avoid being hit. After those are all maxed you can get whatev you feel like, like if you are running out of mana (doubtful because with charms and items warmth is level 20+) you can get even more warmth. Don't get energy shield, it drains your mana to zero instantly if a strong melee char hits you, that's one reason you got so much vita. I suggest getting either chilling armor or shiver armor with the extra skill points you get after your fire tree is completed.

Overview:
I have taken out people with 95% fire resist in 1 hit even when they have absorb. It's not incredibly easy to aim with fire ball but once you get used to it with the stuff I showed you it's not uncommon to take a 7v1 (keep 1 hitting people with you 15k+ FB:cool:) For charms you are going to want fire charms and a nice +attributes anni. If you get enigma your str will get a huge boost(up to +74) and then you might be able to lower your str and get even more vita, but make sure you don't start running low. If you do mess up on str and can't use ss, PM me and I'll tell you how to use it without having enough str (let's you use with not enough str, uses the ss str to add +30 so you can use it) Vita charms with either mana or resist are nice to help you survive the eth BOTD barbs that do like 10k damage. This setup should give you max block, max resist +extra of every type, 8-9 frame cast rate, 6-7 frame block, and 7-8 frame recov. You will have approx. 900 mana, and a couple hundred under 3000 health (over 3k if you get vita charms). Also damage reduction from the stormshield and shako help to reduce your hits, and you can "ber" rune them each for another 8% per rune. If you can't afford HOTO I would use either occy, wiz spike, or suicide branch(+1 skills, 50% faster cast, more mana, resist all). That should be all you need to know! Good luck and I hope you like it :D

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ aww ur name reminds me of my old acc: thelegend and something... oh well =/

Yes, that is very nice build with very nice items, tho some are pricy, and i like the fact that u dont learn energy shield, and good point too :) (i didnt learn it too! :D)
However, what about FO? What happens if u meet fire immune? my sorc is putting skills into FO and lvling merc... otherwise, your guide is probly best guide for fire sorcs... But how do you get 40% FHR from boots? is it unique? =/

Oh yea, your thread bumping....

thelegend666

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you want cheap alternatives use Suicide branch with lidless wall, viper magi, low % maras, any rare boots with resist and fhr, magefist, shako, thundergods, str charms/balance(5% FHR), and 2x sojs. Most people should be able to afford that. As for immune guys when I'm not dueling, my merc kills them in 1-4 hits in hell. It's a rogue merc using BOTD crusader, 160/60 max for more damage, and 40/15 max gaze for life leech and more damage. She does around 4k damage and usually even in pvp I can just tele around and she kills ppl for me :/

PS: My fault with the boots, I was on my bad comp and couldn't check anything in D2, it's 20% FHR, 30% RW, 18 str, 49% light resist, 35% fire, 22% poison

And what is thread bumping?? This is actually my first forum I submitted to ever :? and it's my third month playing D2. Quick learner :lucifer

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
11-15-2003 11:36 PM

02-09-2004 06:22 AM

>_<

Thread bumping is posting in a thread that is greater than 2 weeks (?) old, because it sends it to the top. Don't do it again.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by x42bn6
11-15-2003 11:36 PM

02-09-2004 06:22 AM

>_<

Thread bumping is posting in a thread that is greater than 2 weeks (?) old, because it sends it to the top. Don't do it again.
I don't really mind him bumping an old thread as long as the information is still viable, and the topic still needs to be discussed.

However, yeah, this guy really did bump an extremely old discussion without adding that much. But he's new so, I'm sure we can all understand. No harm, no foul.

thelegend666

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the explanation, and sorry about posting the old news. I'll keep that in mind and only post in new discussions. Sorry again :(