The niceEST public pvp sorc

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Your trillian has been crapping out too?

Mine won't let me log on to MSN. It flashes as if im logged in, then goes off. GAY!

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
c9h13no3, well i would very much like a 'real' conversation with you - would be easier, like with msn etc. Are you on irc? if so, you probably use gamesnet, but im on quakenet. If you can connect to quakenet im on the channel #surftown named BG-

Thank you

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by yeahyeah
oh yeah, also it's not possible to get 20 % fcr with caster crafted amulet
Actually it is, I have one for a particular necro of mine. You can get 10% as a pre-determined mod, and then another 10% from a random suffix. It just takes a while.

And my IRC does not work due to a block on the network here at state.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Also, i think im gonna cancel those boots. They are merely impossible to ever get my hands on. Should i use silkweave instead? and the belt and amu is very hard too, though easier than the boots. Do you have some sort of alternative? I will try to craft those items, but at some point i might get sick of it :)

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You could always craft up some caster boots. 5% Max Mana, +20 Mana, High Regen, and some resistances wouldn't be hard to get. Thul runes are also pretty cheap. Just spend a bit of time trading your smaller value items for the crafting supplies you need. Waterwalks are also really good boots, if you can do without the extra mana and res. But you really won't be able to beat a Godly pair of crafted or rare boots.

And some advice on crafting:

1. Use a level 99 character. If you don't have one, use a friend's. If your friends don't have one, cow until you've got one. You can pick up crafting supplies on the way. If you're still too lazy, anything 90+ should work okay. Then only use items you gambled or have bought in cows, since their Ilvl will be as high as possible.

2. Buy sell low value uniques for crafting supplies. Twitchthroes, Frostburns, and Magefists can all go for quite a few crafting supplies if you find the right buyer.

Anyways, hope that helps. And be determined. I've spent plenty of SoJ's on crafting supplies, and it's been worth it IMO.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well actually i always get my gloves/belt/boots etc from Gheed, so thats always something. Ill keep trying, though few people really seem to wanna trade :< I N NEF RUNES :D

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by yeahyeah
Well actually i always get my gloves/belt/boots etc from Gheed, so thats always something. Ill keep trying, though few people really seem to wanna trade :< I N NEF RUNES :D
Why nef runes? Runes for the stuff you need are ral, thul, and ith.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I guess your build could be reworked to use just fairly common items. It wouldn't be quite as powerful or effective, but it'd be a lot easier to get ahold of in the time alotted.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, im working 20/7 on those crafting items, and i've been so close to some really KICK ASS mofo items :) The boots will be pretty easy, yet good. The amulet will probably be the hardest :/

Can you say something i could use instead of that amu and the craft belt if i get tired in a month from crafting?

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You don't have to craft that exact belt. Those are just some mods you should be looking for. The only mods that are absolutely needed on the belt would be Poison Res, and 24% FHR.

The real trick will be getting the amulet. If you really can't get one, then you could always use a Bahamut's Ring of the Apprentice (100 Mana, 10% cast) or a rare 10% cast ring, and then use a +2 Sorc Skills, 10% Cast Amulet with some other good mods.

yeahyeah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, its gonna be hard. Can you show me a site or some scheme showing the breakpoints for FHR and FCR?

Also those rare boots you suggested in the beginning had 20 FHR, but those crafted boots you just suggested doesn't - did you just forgot to write 20% fhr or what?

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Link to the sticky, the one at the top:

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47689

You need 105%-115% fast cast, and 42% FHR. Possibly more FHR depending on the matchup.

Some sorcs swear by 115% fast cast, so they won't double teleport. If you don't have a problem with the double porting, then go with 105%.