The Dragonis War

Reaction score
Asakai rose again her angel wings larger and they gave a nice twitch of awakening."As you wish master." Her voice was still very sweet. She held her hands parallel palms facing each other near her chest. A long sword appeared and she grasped the handle firmly breaking the massive silver sword into two long thin swords each quite deadly looking."If my master wishes your death then I shall grant it." She spoke looking at Balthizar with piercing, hollow, crystal, blue eyes. Before Balthizar could catch it she would be merely three feet from him. She was nearly a god now afterall she was the words of the gods themselves. And through her Torque was becomming a god himself. Her new form was dangerous very dangerous. She would do anything with out hesitation if Torque commanded it. Anyone who held Deathscream held her ownership. And that meant anyone holding her would become invincible.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar smirked quite devilishly, now that he had his powers back, and they are seemingly ten-fold than before, he could do just about anything.

He sent some power through his arms straight into Hibiki and Michi, and they ignited with a small, almost transparent flame. Now they were much stronger than his sword Flametongue could have ever been.

"....Very interesting...." he whispered. Balthizar looked straight into Asakai's eyes and saw nothing, nothing at all, as if her soul was absent from her body.

He lowered himself into a defensive stance, as he knew attacking her probably wouldn't be the best choice. He spoke to her, "Well, what are you waiting for? Attack!".

Balthizar readied himself for the worst.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos narrowed his eyes at Torque. The burning jealousy of the love Torque and Asakai shared made Thaltos really, really want to hurt them both in the worst way possible, but he was an assassin, not a villain. It was not his choice to decide if his former comrades lived or died. If possible, the their bodies should be preserved...

Thaltos looked at the weapon in Torque's hand, recognizing it as the source of the warrior's power. Supposedly it contained the soul energy of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands of slain warriors...

Thaltos smiled. He had an idea, but he had to move very quickly.

As the Daemon-possessed Torque charged with blinding speed at Thaltos, the Gorgon-spawn knew what he had to do. Calling upon all of the speed and strength that he had from the unholy union of God and monster that made him, Thaltos moved with the velocity of a striking serpent and the strength of Hephaestus' hammer.

Torque moved in quickly and directed a great slash down at Thaltos' center of mass that could have cleaved him in two. With such strength behind the blade, not even the Shears could withstand a direct blow...so Thaltos didn't try to block Deathscream, he instead ducked down and rammed Torque in the torso with his shoulder, lifting him up and throwing him over his back to land on his chest on the ground.

Before Torque could rise, Thaltos threw the charged bandit head he held at the back of Torque's head, where the blast impact disoriented Torque, giving him what must surely be a dizzying concussion. Before any reaction could come from the fallen man, Thaltos struck like lightning, severing Torque's hand that held Deathscream halfway down his forearm, the Shears' lethal blades cleaving the bone with ease.

Gripping Deathscream by Torque's severed wrist, Thaltos jammed one of the Shears of Atropos into the hilt of Deathscream, where the vast treasure trove of soul energy was waiting to be drunk greedily in by the Shears.

The backlash was almost too much, and only the very life-devouring nature of the Shears enabled Thaltos to survive the shockwave that ripped through the Shear embedded in Deathscream. The energy filled the Shears, and still there seemed an endless amount more. To make space for the floodgate of energy, the Shears began to give off massive amounts of lightning energy that ripped across the clearing where they stood. One left a blackened scar across Thaltos' chest, one lashed out and scored a deep burn in Asakai's shoulder as another incinerated some of the feathers on the end of one of her wings, and another swept Balthizar's feet out from under him as it impacted his shins.

Still there was too much energy. The Shears couldn't drain quickly enough to absorb the torrent of power, and the excess bled through into Thaltos, charring his skin even blacker and causing the sigil tattoos on his arms to glow a bright red. The metal arm braces, shinguards, belt, and jewelry Thaltos wore heated to a bright orange, and Thaltos screamed as he felt as if he were being cooked alive in the fires of Hades itself. Smoke rose from his skin as his very soul was boiled.

The energy traveled through him until it reached the point he had known it eventually would...the space behind his eyes where the power was gathered from the Shears for his fearsome Gorgon Stare.

Thaltos' eyes flew open from when they had been squeezed shut in agony, his pupils and irises gone now, his entire eyes a swimming and glowing mass of crimson energy. From them burst forth a highly potent Gorgon Stare beam, which rocketed towards the sky until Thaltos struggled to pull his head down to look at Torque. The energy washed over him and Torque was instantly turned to stone, but the beam didn't stop there. The ground around Torque and Thaltos became stone as well, the wave of petrification spreading out around them rapidly. In a small part of his mind not consumed by the madness of utter agony, Thaltos imagined that the ground for a mile below was being turned to Gorgon stone.

Thaltos poured his Gorgon energy into the ground, petrifying more and more landscape around him, until he managed to jerk the Shear of Atropos out of Deathscream, ending the tirade of energyflow that was tormenting his body.

He collapsed, still holding the severed wrist of Torque, and so holding Deathscream. The blade, still held by the hand of a Dragonis, was glad to cease its rage and lay quietly beside him as Thaltos' body smoked on the petrified ground. As he, though unconscious, was now the wielder of Deathscream, Asakai's wrath was quelled. Torque was no longer her master, only the smoking ruin of a man on the ground could be considered her liege, and he had given no orders to slay Balthizar. She drifted over to him to stand beside him.

Balthizar gaped in shock at the awesome power that had been unleashed and nearly killed Thaltos. Torque could be reclaimed, the act of being turned to stone by Gorgon magic was an enchantment, one that could be reversed by one who knew how, so he laid preserved upon the rock, no longer a threat, with no injury any more grave than a severed wrist and a mild concussion. When he was unstoned, he would awaken with one hell of a headache, and a bleeding stump at his wrist, but by that time hopefully Daemon will have been slain, his control over Torque lost.

Asakai was also neutralized as a threat, as even if she was a slave to Daemon, she could serve only the words of her master, the wielder of Deathscream. She would not act without an order from Thaltos or whomever else held the blade.

((Sorry if that's a little overboard...I figured it was a good way to end that conflict without outright killing one of our characters. Thaltos is badly injured, nearly dead in fact, and Torque is out of it for awhile, unless some way can be made to remove both Daemon's possession and the stone enchantment before Daemon is killed.))

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Thaltos I applaud the literacy in your post, and I'll excuse the god-modding in it because it will move the story on faster to its conclusion...but still. Anyways, so long as Thaltos does not directly use Deathscream as a weapon, his sanity wont be destroyed. I wonder if Ninja and Asakai will excuse your controlling their characters as I have mine.))

Reaction score
((I'll foregive it this time but be careful next time and pay attention to certain things other characters may have. I.E. if she is the words of gods how can the shears have more power than the gods?))

Asakai could only stand where she was. She was unclaimed an open weapon to anyone who wanted her. Her wounds quickly regenerated with minor scarring as she stayed in her current location. She sat on the ground her wings in a resting posistion as she held her hands near her chest. In her state all she could do is wait for her new master.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((It seemed logical, and fair, so I agree with it, and we need someone to get these idiots' posts out of here, spam does not taste good.))

Balthizar walked over to Asakai and put his hands on her shoulders, "Asakai, are you there? Can you hear me?"

Reaction score
((I try to ignore it.))

She didn't respond staying in her comatose state. Her eyes were closed as if meditating on an unnatural affair. As long as Deathscream held no owner she had no commands to follow.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque felt a strange coldness. His mind was no longer under the white-hot knife that was Daemon's control but he couldn't see, move or breathe. He couldn't feel anything. He drifted through space and time, but it was an inky blackness.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Yeah, I regret having to be so drastic, but I didn't know what else to do. I mean, I considered simply stoning Torque's sword arm or legs, thus incapacitating him, but Asakai would still be a problem too massive to handle. With Asakai going Godform, and Torque on his way there, I did pretty much the only thing I knew would work. The bit of taking over your characters was done as logically and true to their nature as I could, and it was simply necessary to execute the full manuever without waiting for a response.

Again, I apologize for the extremity of it all, but my choices were few. I mean, I don't think Zeus would intervene and block Daemon's control again, lol.

Oh, and Asakai, just to clarify...in Greek mythology the Fates were the ultimate power of reality, in charge of the lives and deaths of pretty much everything else, even the Gods. The Shears of Atropos exist for the single purpose of draining life energy and ending life. I wouldn't say that stabbing a God with the Shears would kill the God, but their sorcery is very potent. From what I know of them, and what I know of Deathscream, what went on is completely possible and even a "happy" resolution.

Anyways, I can't say much here. Thaltos is unconscious...and will probably be so for a while...unless of course the single mortal remaining standing (cough cough Balthizar cough) takes the hand of Torque and Deathscream from Thaltos' currently rather limp grasp and claims Asakai as his servant, and then orders a bit of healing, just to the point of making Thaltos mobile. Hint hint, lol. Really, right now Balthizar's the only character who can do much of anything, so that's the only way I know of to get the 3 nonstoned people going in the RP again.

And it's possible that Torque may be freed of Daemon for right now, after all Torque is little more than a statue at the moment. I don't know much about Daemon or his power, or the nature of the possession enchantment, but Vox's post sorta led me to believe that the control was cancelled out. If that's the case, a fairly expedient destoning could be in order, and then all 4 could go back to questing for Daemon. Just my input.))

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Werd))

Balthizar stepped back and thought of something, he remembered Asakai saying something about the wielder of Deathscream being the one who controls her. Where is that damn sword anyways? he thought to himself. He looked around, and there, he saw the severed hand of Torque, with Deathscream not too far away from it.

He walked over and picked up the hand, he felt queasy just looking at the hand of his friend, well, former friend in his current state. He then used the hand to pick up the sword, he noticed Asakai's eyes open a bit.

He asked, "Who do you obey?".

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
((Jaysus. I'm out for a while to study for my PreCalc test, and it seems you people have been summoning gods. Man...))

He had winked out of existence.

He came back into being, dazed and confused. Something had happened. The devastation of the area, the wounded and the smell of blood did nothing to awaken the Demon hiding beneath his skin. Griffinhart was, for once and truly, confused. The warrior looked around, noting that Balthizar held a hand holding a familiar blade. "Deathscream... Brother." The name echoed within his mind, but it tasted funny, like a square block in a circular hole. But fancy swords and severed body parts weren't of the utmost importance to the warrior at the moment.

He had winked out of existence.

Reaction score
When Deathscream was lifted form the groudn she rose and stood. She opened her eyes at Balthizar's question."I serve only you master." She spoke looking at him her hands still help against her chest."Your will is my command." She bowed to him.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"Good, but do not call me master, Balthizar will do just nicely. Now come help me carry Thaltos and-" he remembered that Torque was still petrified, "I guess we'll have to come back later for him...".

He sensed someone near, he shouted, "Hello? Is there someone out there?"

Reaction score
"Would Balthizar like me to heal the stone man?" She spoke Thaltos already on one of her shoulders. She held him as if he were nothing as if he were a feather. She noticed her master's unease."Would Balthizar have me dispose of the enemy?" She asked tilting her head.

Reaction score
"a syou wish Balthizar." She bowed before walking over to Torque and looking him over. She placed Thaltos on the ground. She pulled a feather form her wings and placed it against Torque before chanting. After a while her lips began to glow a gold color before she kissed the statue on the forehead causing it to glow. She continued to chant drawing the energy of the earth to free the man her master wished her to.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Balthizar approached. Immediately Griffinhart knew something was wrong, and left his ponderings of the anchor for the moment. The blade that he held... belonged to Torque. It was something that Griffinhart had seen him guard quite carefully, making sure no one touched the blade.

Something was very wrong.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"I know you're out there! Show yourself! I do not wish to show hostilities toward you! But you make me anxious just hiding and watching me!" Balthizar yelled out. "Maybe I'm just crazy...maybe I'm just hearing things...I guess my friends were right...maybe I am crazy..." he said as he recalled painful memories.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
As Torque drifted through space and time, he felt something strange, alien, but at the same time, comforting and familiar. He couldn't place his finger on it...but it seemed to be pulling him back. He was soon enveloped in a warm light, and he suddenly felt like he could move again. His eyes were closed as the last of his stone form returned to normal and the blood-slicked body of Torque fell foreward, but he landed on his hands....but he suddenly realized the horrible shock of pain where his right hand would have been. It knocked him off balance as he fell to the ground, holding the bloody stump of his wrist, not knowing what had happened. His back still bore that deadly rune of Death, and his muscles were slicked in blood and sweat. The warm light still engulfed him, and he felt the stump of his hand close up, making a round piece of flesh to stop the bleeding. His back stopped bleeding as well. His sight, however was slow in returning, after being turned to stone, tears welled his eyes so that they could be moisturized once again. He gasped for breath as sweet air filled his lungs. He was free of that empty prison at last, but he didn't know what happened to his hand. His blurred vision looked around, only seeing an unconscious man, a large man, he assumed it was Thaltos. A figure that was glowing white, he assumed it was Asakai. He did not see where Balthizar was. Soon enough, exhaustion overtook him and he fell asleep, lying on the ground.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"Perhaps you are insane, Balthizar. Or don't you recognize me?" Griffinhart stepped out of the trees, in front of Balthizar. His hood up, the warrior eyed the Demon warily; more specifically, he watched the blade in the hand Balthizar wielded, recognizing both as belonging to Torque. Something was very, very wrong if the Dragonis had lost hand and blade.