The Dragonis War

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque's eyes snapped open. The pain in his back did not ebb. He looked over to see if Asakai was lying next to him and she wasnt. He pulled on his tunic quickly and then went to search for her around the inn. She was not there. Making sure Deathscream was clear in its scabbard, he charged out into the night after her, leaving a note behind for the others telling them he went off to look for her.

As he ran, the pain in his back would grow stronger with every passing meter. He bit his lip to keep his mind off of his back as the rune burned into his flesh. Somehow, the rune was telling him where to go, and the closer he got to her the more painful it became, as if warding him from her. He grit his teeth and pushed on, the back of his tunic now starting to leak blood from his back.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar got up and followed Torque silently, he was not asleep, for he was restless, too much on his mind.

As he got near the woods, he noticed a trail of blood, undoubtedly Torque's. He shoot his head, "....this is gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better...." he whispered.

Reaction score
She was a demon...and the demon within her thirsted for the blood of humans. Her claws ached to to be bathed in the crimson liquid. She couldn't control herself first it was one then another then another. She was on this blood rush as she slaughtered eackh human who crossed her path. After a while she became bored and her thirst made itself silent. Falling to the ground painfully she sat in the middle of a ring of bodies all torn to shreds. It was one of the sickest sights in history. She was covered in blood and smelt like death. She began to cry and then she screamed," WHY!? Why!....." She sobbed she felt no remorse no pain it made her sick."Please don't let him see me like this....." She sobbed harder. In a pool of blood she saw her reflection her once dark brown hair was now pure white it reached clear down to her ankles."I won't do it! You can't make me! I'll kill myself I swear! I swear!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. She reached towards a near by sword pulling it from its covering before placing the tip against her stomach. The person she needed saving form the most was herself.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque stumbled through the woods, blinded by pain but with each passing step his pain increased, and he knew he was close now. "Asakai..." His voice was little more than a pained whisper when he saw the blurry image of her ahead, a swordpoint to her belly. He half limped, half ran towards her and then dove down, to knock the blade out of her hands but in the process, he fell onto it, it sliced him across his chest. He fell forwardi nto the ground, the back of his tunic was drenched in blood and his eyes were dialated, unable to get his bearings. "A-asakai..." He whispered, in too much pain to manage more than her name.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar came out from behind a tree to see Asakai and Torque surrounded by bodies. "...it's a shame these poor mortals had to die for some demon's bloodlust..." he whispered.

He noticed Torque was wounded, he rushed over to him, "Torque! Are you alright!?" he shouted.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Griffinhart stepped out into the night and trailed Balthizar. Something was wrong this night. Well, something was always wrong every night, but somethig infernal was afoot this time around. He stayed in the shadows, not knowing exactly what to do, but he knew that he was bound to Dragonis, and Dragonis was on the move; Balthizar followed, and so Griffinhart trailed the trailer. It was not soon before he saw the field of corpses, the demoness, and the stumbling, shambling Torque. Balthizar called out, but his words were lost to the warrior, who only heeded the voice in his mind.

"Loooooovely, dear Brother... a field of corpses. Reminds me of the time we fought on the Abbysinai Plains. Not a tree stood and not a heart beat after you had let me have my fun."

He ignored it and moved on, behind Balthizar. "You know them better than I. Attend to them as best you can, and I shall see to the victims." THe warrior continued on, not waiting for a reply. Perhaps there was still a survivor, someone he could save... but, from the gore that spattered the area, Griffinhart would be hard-pressed to find anything larger than a limb.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque's world was white hot pain, he only faintly heard Balthizar's words and didn't hear Griffinhart's words at all. Everything was lost into the pain as he writhed on the ground, his skin starting to pale from the amount of blood he had lost. His own words became unintelligible, being lost in a bloody garble. In his head he could hear Daemon's laughter, laughing at him as he watched Torque's agony from the 'gift' he gave him.

Reaction score
She shook in sheer terror."Torque!" She cried out and quickly pulled herselkf over to him."No don't die please!I'm sorry!I'm sorry don't die!I'll be good I promise!" Tears streamed down her face in waterfalls. She tried to touch him but her own rune glowed. She began to sob even harder.

"Do it neonate...It is your only option.Fufill your destiny...or let him die." Daemon's voice rang through her head.

"I'm sorry..Please foregive me .."She began to remove a few of her limiters. The effect was fairly stong sending a pulsing wave of pure energy in a radius around her visible enough to be seen even by humans. Her skin glowed with the red runes that spread from her neck."...I'm so sorry...I won't see you die." She whispered before placing her hands on his head and beginning to activate his seal that would drive him into insanity as a God.Her glow began to transfer to him slowly healing him as his mind would begin to break.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Far off in the woods, Thaltos watched the bandits' camp from the shadows of the trees. There were many, but he didn't care. He was the son of a God...no mortals would stop him...and right now he really wanted to hurt something.

His eyes glowing fiercely with the hurt and rage that burned within his soul, Thaltos dropped out of the trees and walked into the camp, the Shears of Atropos in his hands. Their contained energies were humming and sparking viciously, manifestations of their bearer's bloodlust.

The couple of bandit sentries fell before they had a chance to even scream, their heads sliced cleanly off by the thrown Shears, then their bodies singed by the electrical chain that latched onto the blades and whipped them back into his hands. Their decapitated corpses fell smoking to the ground as Thaltos stalked past them into the camp.

Yells of surprise and shouted orders turned quickly to screams and gurgles of death as the son of Zeus unleashed the furies of his divine birth on the helpless brigands. The animals of the forest nights all grew silent at the massacre that echoed around them.

Ten minutes later, there was silence again, and a lone figure as black as the shadows, with pulsing red eyes and writhing tendrils of hair walked out of the burning camp, pulling a large cloth sack filled with the heads of the 30-odd bandits that had made the forest clearing their temporary home.

The morrow's threat to his former team extinguished, Thaltos took his trophies and walked into the woods in the direction of a great mountain he knew to be there. Many miles beyond that mountain, he knew he would find the swamp and cavern home of his mother.

Balthizar had proven himself as a worthy warrior for the Gods...Zeus would continue to watch his progress. The team no longer had need of Thaltos, and the revenge that burned in his heart would not be cooled until he had his mother's severed head in his hands.

Perhaps, the paths of he and the Daemon-hunters would cross again.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"Asakai you ignorant child! What are you doing!?" Balthizar yelled out.

He continued, "You are only playing into Daemon's hands! There may be other options! All we have to do is quickly think!"

Reaction score
She was too far gone to respond to Balthizar. The chain reaction had started and it would take a god to stop it. Her limiters were falling off one by one as her appearance began to change a little. Her ed eyes were now a stunnign clear blue her once silk tunic was gone replaced by sheer white swirls of cloth covering her. and a set of six small angel wings began to emerge from her back. She was turning into a Maiden of Heaven and the words of the scriptures in her body herself. HEr aura pulse was growing increasingly stronger. She finally spoke her voice was angelic and sweet."Live...and control...me.." She spoke leanign towards Torque's ear.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque's bloodied body convulsed from the power slamming into him. He didn't know who or where he was, all he knew was the pain and the blinding light before him. He staggered to his feet slowly, ripping off his blood soaked tunic, revealing the Death Rune on his back, a rune that would slowly sap his sanity and life away. The effect of Asakai's healing on him caused his sanity to be broken anyway. His eyes turned into pitch black pools as he stared at Balthizar, his ripped torso was soaked in his blood, and the scar from him falling on the blade Asakai used was glowing a little. His eyes addressed Asakai, his lips curled into a sneer and his voice was both that of Torque and that of Daemon. "Well done, my pet. You've given me control of the Dragonis like a good little slave." The voice cackled. "I must say, you've done a marvelous job of being my double agent." He said and then sneered again. "So, I will reward you later." He concluded then turned his attention to Balthizar. "Join me once again, Balthizar. Your friend here is no more, he belongs to me now."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar slowly got up, he said to Torque, if he still was, "Ah, I see...you hope to use this man to do your bidding, so you don't have to...or are you too much of a coward to show yourself?".

Torque grinned, "Always with the big words, eh Balthizar? Talk talk talk, and no action, that's all you do, isn't it my little slave?" he cackled that same infernal laugh Balthizar grew to despise.

"I do not want to harm my friend...but if it comes down to it, I will have to free him of your control. And it seems I'll be getting no help from Asakai, she seems to be lost..." as he said that, he looked over at Asakai, still giving off a bright aura, seemingly lost in her sudden increase in power, and shook his head.

Reaction score
Her appearence was that of a an angel now. She held her hands in a prayer like manner to her chest and she took her place next to Torque.She was his to control. She no longer had a will of her own she was a servant. She was a weapon to be used at her master's disposal. But first she had to be claimed. She continued to stay in her posistion her eyes closed.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque's pale face just kept staring at Balthizar. "It's useless to try to save him, he belongs to me now, and his woman." He said and sneered over at Asakai, giving her neck a lick up to her cheek. "Tasty." He cackled then grinned again. "Could you do it, Balthizar? Could you cut down two companions just to prevent them from reaching me?" He asked, the black, empty eyes stared at Balthizar scrutinizingly.

Reaction score
She continued to stay where she was only responding toTorque's lick."What is it you wish of me Master?" She spoke still holding her stance as gracefully. On the inside she was curled up trembling. She wanted to scream out for someone to stop them. She knew she had starte dit but she wanted Torque to live even if it meant destroying the world.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"You disgust me Daemon, if I could, I would spit in your face...but that would be too nice for the likes of you." he paused for a moment only to take out Hibiki and Michi, "It seems I really have no choice in this...".

"...I'm sorry friends..." he whispered.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Daemon grinned. "Asakai, attack him." He cackled and drew Deathscream from its scabbard. The blade turned pitch black from the amount of people Daemon had killed in the past, the sword now at its max power. He charged at Balthizar with Asakai, and attacked with the ebony blade.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
A ball of energy rocketed out of the treeline and slammed into Torque's chest, stopping his charge and causing him to flip nearly over and land flat on his back on the ground.

A similar burst of energy exploded against Asakai's shoulder, wheeling her around and knocking her down.

Balthizar looked in shock over at the origin, where Thaltos stepped out, holding another of the heads of the bandits, the maxed-out Shears of Atropos already charging it up with their electric energy.

"Luckily for you...my own agendas are second to those dictated by the Gods. Took me a short while to talk myself into coming back, but it's a good thing I did. My mother can wait, you need my help now."

He looked up at the sky, as storm clouds began gathering above them.

"And apparently, the Gods favor my choice, and Father has a promise to keep."

A bolt of lightning blazed down from the heavens, and crashed into Balthizar. The power of Zeus coursed through Balthizar's veins, the static field it created lifting him a foot from the ground in levitation.

From the skies above, Zeus's voice could be heard amidst the thunder.

"A task fulfilled, a promise granted. You have proven your allegiance, former slave of Daemon. Take this power as I promised, and make sure that your friends do not befall the same fate that once plagued you."

The energy cleared, and Balthizar drifted back down the ground, energy humming throughout his body. Experimentally, he snapped his fingers, and flame sprang up and danced between them. His pyromantic abilities of old had been restored.

Thaltos chucked the energy-laden bandit head he was holding at the rising Torque, catching him in the stomach and knocking him back a few feet.

Readying another from the massive bag he carried, he took his place beside Balthizar and faced off against his comrades.

"I do not wish to kill you, but if you are truly slaves to Daemon's will, the Shears will taste your flesh this night."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Oy, Vadriel, you going to post a character in Heir of the Stone King?))

Daemon who now controlled Torque's body, rose up from the second blow. He smirked as the pitch black pools of his eyes stared at the demi-god. "Ah, Thaltos, bastard son of Zeus. I was beginning to think that you weren't coming." He chuckled in a winded breath. He straghtened up and cracked his neck. "Your friends belong to me now. I own both." He said and turned around to reveal the burning crimson death rune on the back of Torque. "The Dragonis is mine to control now, and Asakai is under his command now, and thus, me." He said and then turned to face Thaltos once again. "Now, let's fight, bastard of Zeus." The unified voices of Torque and Daemon resonated as he charged at Thaltos with a good deal of speed, the ebony blade of Deathscream thirsting for blood. "Let's see if you actually can kill one of your friend!" He cackled as he charged.