The Dragonis War

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque's face reddened at Thaltos' subliminal message and he cleared his throat. "Asakai, I'd love you in any form, human or demoness." He stated. "In the words of our immortal friend there; my word is my honor, my honor is my life." He smiled over at Griffinhart. "How's that for nostalgia?"

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
To Torque's surprise, the warrior was not there at his side, but had just emerged from the woods again, blood dripping from his swords as he approached. Griffinhart stopped for a moment, stooping to snatch up some long grass, and cleaned his swords off, before sheathing them and walking towards the group again. Before anyone could ask, the warrior replied to Torque nonchalantly, "May your word be better-fated than mine."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque arched an eyebrow. He was surprised at Griffinhart's disappearance and even more surprised at his entrance. "You broke your word before, Raphael?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "I thought that was what was most important to you, your honor."

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
At Torque's words, Griffinhart shook his head once. "My word is my honor. My honor is my life. Those words are literal. I still live, if you call it living." He shifted slightly, adjusting the weight of his scabbards, and continued. "No promise is easily kept."

"Who cares about honor, I'm hunger, and I don't doubt you all aren't," interrupted Balthizar, his stomach grumbling. Griffinhart replied, "the freshly-dead in the forest have rations on them. They were not Daemon's, as I had suspected, but bandits or brigands of ill-repute nonetheless." The warrior's right hand came up as he continued speaking. "As for myself, I require no food tonight," and the warrior wiped his lips, under his hood, before flashing back under his black-and-silver cloak; for a split second, one could see red stains on his gauntlet where there were none before.

Reaction score
"Humans really are quite pethetic...hunger is such a trivial thing." Akir rolled his eyes before givign a laugh,"Balthizar no need to point your sword at me I harbor no harm towards any of you...except Zeus..he just pisses me off..never awknowledging me...pff." Akira waved his hand as a bright light appeared and in his place stood a woman of six feet tall with floor length black locks and bright violet eyes a red chakra adorning her head."They call me the Merciful Goddess...but you can call me Shivva."

Shivva gaited towards Asakai who she abruptly smacked,"You embaress me and your entire family. I will not have my descendant acting like this....sulking like a man whose becoem a unic. I had to come to earth as a boy to teach you humanity...and a man had to teach you to love. Don't shun the gifts you been given." The Shivva looked at her seriously. That's when Asakai got the funniest look on her face. Her outh hung open and her eyes bugged out before she blurted out in a high-pitched voice," But your a TRANSVESTITE!"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Although the little stab at Zeus irked Thaltos a little bit, he was simply too exhausted to put on any kind of a show. He burst out laughing, then winced as pain shot up his side.

"Transvestites...the more you come to know the Gods, the less that'll surprise you in time."

Reaction score
"..let's not dive into matters that would cause your mind to be filled with very naughty images." Shivva smiled at Asakai patting her head."I'm still more of a woman than I am a man....besides that little matter ... I need you to do me a favor and go back to Daemon for a while.And before your friends protest consider this...If you do this you will buy me enough time to let me ready my heavenly forces to battle Daemon's considering Zeus doesn't have clue what he's messing with....that and my pride will nto allow my work to be disrupted by that man." Shivva sighed her eyebrow quirked in anger.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"A playtoy to the Gods... if you can call them that." The warrior shook his head, partly in pity, partly out of exasperation. "If you had a choice in the matter, Asakai, I would do as this... deity tells you to. Any advantage you can use against your enemy must be taken. A host of 'Heavenly forces' would weigh the odds in your favor greatly." Griffinhart turned to Thaltos, who held his side, grimacing and smiling at the same time. "Children of gods can still wounded, it seems. One would think such a flaw would have been remedied by now... do you require healing?"

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque glared at Shivva. "You have deceived us, Shivva. I don't easily trust those who lie to me." He said in a stern tone, his chestnut brown eyes fixed into a glare that would make a normal man skulk to a corner. "And I forbid having Asakai used as a decoy in such a way. You can go instead." He commanded, his intense eyes still fixed on Shivva.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos smirked. "Were I fully a God-born, I'd be immortal as they are...but another of my mother's dubious gifts was mortality. As deadly and difficult to kill as they are, Gorgons are indeed mortal, so when Zeus and my mother dallied, I their spawn was mortal as well. Due to my divine lineage, I'm tougher than most mortals, but I"m still killable. In fact, my little stunt nearly proved that. I have the Shears to thank for my continued life."

Such irony, for a weapon devised to end life to have resulted in the preservation of its wielder.

Thaltos winced again, his skin still feeling aflame.

"But yes, if you wish me to be in top fighting condition, I could do without this headache and the lingering damages that the energy surge incurred upon my flesh. To put it simply, I feel like I'm one big bruise...in the oven."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar was getting quite annoyed with all this talk, "God's work in mysterious ways Torque, best to just play along with them. And Daemon has a barrier set up that blocks any kind of divine immortal from entering his realm, which means only the likes of us mortals are able to get inside his realm, and ultimately dissipate his barrier. And thankfully, I know where to go, and we are very close too..." he said, still thinking about his hunger.

((I was thinking it was getting a tad boring, us never actually reaching our objective.))

He continued "...But do not think we will easily get there, Daemon has countless armies of the most elite morlu, some who have never seen defeat, and have also seen countless battles. The morlu you defeated at our first encounter are spat apon by the morlu we will face. And an addition to them, there are demons that tower three, maybe even 4 or more stories tall. Like I said, this will not be easy..."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos thought briefly...and spoke what was on his mind.

"My comrades...I do not wish to impose upon you, but I have a small request. Well, actually it's really not that small at all..."

He sighed, his expression serious once more, and weary.

"I have sworn an oath to myself, to find and slay my mother before I die...and if the opposition we are to face at Daemon's lair is truly as great as Balthizar describes, I fear the meeting of my end in the battle to come."

Thaltos looked at the faces of those around him...they had all shown him a kindness he had never felt before from any mortal. Even if the love of Torque and Asakai rendered him bitter and jealous, they were not at fault and had always been kind to him. Balthizar, his charge, had been almost a friend. The others, he did not know well, but they had shown him no malevolence or disgust...

He pointed. "My mother's temple lies in that direction, in a swamp cavern just beyond that mountain there. The dangers in that direction are fewer save her herself and her few temple guards and worshippers.

I cannot go to face Daemon and my possible demise without first contending with my mother. Should you choose to go to his domain right now, I shall have to part ways with you...I cannot renounce my oath, and my mission from the Gods is complete, as I was to guide Balthizar until his loyalty was proven, his tasks becoming my own. His loyalty is proven, he is no longer my charge...I must fulfill my oath.

I do not wish to leave you, and I fear for your chances without the Shears of Atropos by your sides...but I do not wish to stray you from your mission. Nevertheless, I will ask."

Thaltos paused for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Will you accompany me to my mother's temple, and aid me in the fulfillment of my oath? There is little Daemon can truly do beyond what he has done already, and he will still be here when we return.

If you do not wish to suspend your attacks upon him, if you choose to go forth and wage war against the beast, I will understand...but know that I cannot join you...but I would be delighted and in your debt if you were to help me kill my mother...after which I would be all too happy to accompany you against Daemon and his forces.

I know it is much to ask, but please consider it."

Reaction score
Asakai appraoched Thaltos giving him a hug."Please watch them for me....I will buy you all time...just as you have a mission as do I. Fufill yours as I must fufill mine..." She looked at him before turning in Torque's direction."If you truly swear to me to bring me happiness...then I will see you at Daemon's castle with his head in your hands and myself by your side." She then briefly looked at Balthizar before speakign to him,"Don't die." With that she headed towards Shivva."Maybe there is hope for my children yet...I'm counting on you three to meet me at Daemon's fortress...I'll need a couple of days to assemble them all so I'll see you then." Shiiva waved before taking Asakai by the hand as they began to walkaway into the forest.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque nodded a solemn promise to Asakai. "I swear that I will return to you with Daemon dead." He said and gave a sad smile. "Please be careful my love..." He whispered to her and then headed to Thaltos. "Let's get this over with, I don't want Asakai to be near Daemon any more than we have to." He grumbled.

Reaction score
When Shivva was sure they were a good distance from the others she stopped Asakai."This is your last chance to run back before I take you to Daemon. Are you sure this what you want to do? There is no certainty that you will be alive when those three come to the fortresss." Asakai looked back at her."I am well aware of this....but there is no other choice. In my current state I am no help to any of them....besides you and I both know what's going to happen...and once Thaltos goes after his mother Zeus won't hesitate to tell him either."Asakai and Shivva began walking again."Can't put anything past you. How did you know they were the ones?" Shivva smiled."I've always known who they are and where they were...but I decided to let fate determine if they would become the next saviors." Asakai took off into the air with Shivva next to her both flying at an alarming rate."A noble's son...an ex demon...and a taboo child of the gods. I guess your right zeus will end up telling them at soem point."

Reaction score
((I think Balthizar, Torque, and Griffinhart are goign with you.))

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
If the warrior still had a sense of humor, he would have smiled at the irony of the situation. "To wish to murder your mother..." He shook his head. "With proper healing, you might stand a chance against your matron, and only I can provide that healing at this time. As well, I am bound to Dragonis; where he goes, I too shall follow."