The Dragonis War

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos stood sternly and upright in spite of his pain. "My mother made me the monster I am today. What my father saw that made him desire her, I shall never know. All I know is that the beast who birthed me is a soulless harlot who is responsible for all the pain and loneliness I have suffered my entire life...a freakish fiend who kills because it is what he was born to do. I owe my mother everything, and I will hold her head in my hands as the spark of life fades from her devil's eyes.

Any healing you would provide me would be appreciated...it would greatly improve my odds, and I should greatly like to return to do battle against Daemon with you."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar put a hand on Thaltos shoulder, "I show allegiance to none but you Thaltos, I'll try not to take the pleasure of the finishing blow." he said and winked.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque merely nodded silently. He was depressed but still wanted to get this over with. He drummed his fingers on Deathscream's pommel with his left hand, his right stump was just held limp. He reached down to pick up his blood soaked tunic and put it on to hide the Death Rune on his back. "Let's go, Thaltos. Your mother will die by your hand but not before Balthizar, Griffinhart and I mess her up a little."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos smiled appreciatively and clapped his comrades on the shoulders.

"Thank you, friends. You have my gratitude eternally. I will not ask you to face my mother herself...but I cannot afford to waste my energy on slaying her temple priests and guards. They of the Order of the Sisters of Stone, and while they number few, they are worthy adversaries. Nothing compared to their matriarch, but stout fighters and sorcerors nevertheless...and of course being servants of a powerful Gorgon, they have been blessed with high resistance to sorceries. The Shears can still drain their life, but the lightning attacks and my Gorgon Stare are veritably useless. Additional warriors of the blades are welcome in facing them."

His eyes rested upon Torque's hand. It was clear that the loss of it bothered him greatly, and Thaltos couldn't blame him. "I am also sorry, Torque...if I had known of a way to cut Daemon's control over you that would not have resulted in loss of limb for you, I would have been loathe to take the flesh of a friend. You know I acted as was necessary, but still I must apologize. It grieves me deeply to have had to take such brash action against you."

His friends pledged to assist him, Thaltos felt a swell of happiness as they began their trek through the woods, the mountain that overlooked his mother's domain near in the distance. Never before had he had friends who would face one of the greater known terrors -a Gorgon- for him. For the first time in his life, Thaltos felt like he wasn't alone...and it gave him hope.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque merely lowered his head when Thaltos mentioned his severed hand. He tried not to think about it but he had to train himself to use his left hand now. "It's fine...who knows...if you hadn't done what you did, Daemon would have killed you through me." He said and started walking behind Thaltos, looking over his shoulder once more in the direction Asakai left. He then turned reserved and brooded through the journey.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar put his hand on Torque's shoulder, "If you want, I could help you train with your left hand. I'm your friend, and I'm here to help, and the training will help keep your mind off of Asakai." Balthizar smiled.

Reaction score
It didn't take her long to reach Daemon's gate and easily pass through it. After all in her current state she was pretty fast. Her biggest challenge sat before he ron a throne made of dark metal."I see you have returned to me neonate...I find it ironic you come at a time like this....explain." Daemon's dark chilling voice rang in her ears. The many sucubi of the fortress were currently busying themselves with flirting with their beloved master."I felt your state of weakening and knew I had to return to you." She spoke kneeling before him her eyes to the ground."...Answer me this neonate...do you think I am stupid?" He spoke growling at her." No my Lord." Her voice was weakening."You have changed...you have an aura of humanity about you something you greatly lacked when you left...do you believe it fair I punish you?"Daemon smirked. Asakai's knuckles began to turn white as she tried to calm herself,"...whatever you feel...is necessary..Master..." She spoke trying to keep herself from getting sick."Whatever I feel is necessary? I believe what is necessary is to break this childish emotion from you....I think the best solution for this is time back in your old home..." Daemon smirked at the sheer fear radiating off her. Asakai couldn't take it,"No please no!" She begged looking up at Daemon."Take her to Asteroth." Daemon motioned. A few of the guards grabbed her and dragged her kicking and screaming to the lower depths of the fortress."So it has began....and so I will finish it."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos and his comrades walked until it began to grow dark out. They had just managed to crest the mountain, and before them sprawled the thick, junglelike swamp that started at the base of the mountain. Thaltos stopped.

"Here is a good place to camp for the night. It's been a long day, and tomorrow's leg of the journey will be taxing. That swamp has little in the way of living dangers, but the sinkholes and murkpits aren't exactly fun. Plus, we always run the risk of encountering a small hunting party out gathering boars for sacrifice to my mother. There is a small village that lies near the foot of this mountain who lives in her shadow. I doubt they will cause us harm once they know of our intent, but the people are fearful of strange things. Who can blame them after so long living in terror? Their bows my react quicker than their wits, so we must have our own wits about us. Indeed, this is a good place to stop."

He set about gathering wood for a small fire, and left the others to whatever they wished to do, be it sparring, training, or simply sleep.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Thaltos, props to the Sealab sig :) you should have gotten the quote where Murphy says "It's like a Koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!" instead))

Balthizar taught Torque a bit on how to use his sword in the left hand but Torque was far from his mastery of his right arm, and also far from really caring. He had improved much on that first day of travel but he still remained quite quiet the whole time, only asking questions when needed. He wanted to object to Thaltos stopping so he stepped up. "We can't rest now. There's no telling what Daemon may be doing to Asakai now! We have to press on!" He shouted, his breathing quickening.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Griffinhart, however, disagreed. "Not a wise idea, at least not for you. You can barely handle that blade in your offhand. As good as Balthizar's training is, it takes more than brute strength to wield a blade in your offhand." The warrior drew a single blade, the one colored black as midnight, which emanated a malicious and cruel aura, and held it in his left hand. He beckoned both Torque and Balthizar over. "Preferably we would have several centuries for you to perfect your technique, but you experience should make up for lost time... hopefully."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"Listen to his wise words Torque, you may learn something from this man." Balthizar said sheathing Hibiki.

"So, who shall spar with who first?" he said.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque looked over at Griffinhart and nodded after sighing. He slid into his awkward new stance. He then charged at Raphael, his sword swinging wildly.

((I opened up a new RPing forum, I'd like you all to join me. It's fire emblem based, not far off from this one. http://z3.invisionfree.com/fe_soul_war ))

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Okay that's cool, I've not dealt with the Fire Emblem stuff, so you might have to help me out with it, I've registered on the forum.))

Reaction score
She panted letting her sword drop and leaning agaisnt the cool stone wall for support."Again." A large bull like demon spoke. He had blue skin and Yellow eyes a gold ring through his nose."I ...can't Asteroth..." She slid down a little her legs began to buckle."Enough! I said again!" Asteroth gave her a kick in the butt shoving her foreward. Asakai fell foreward exhausted she was at her limit.Asteroth knelt down beside her lifting her head up by her now shortend hair."I know it's been two days but you shouldn't be this tired....I see the rumors are true." He let her head fall back down before going to fetch a bucket of water.Asakai pushed herself up to a sitting position. "...What rumors...?" She panted out the words slowly."There was a rumor floating around not too long ago that you bedded with some mortal and lost all your power." Asteroth threw the bucket of water on her. She glared as best she could,"You and I both know that's not possible." Asteroth laughed,"Yes I know. Deran lost his hands trying....If it wasn't for that little barrior of yours you wouldn't have any protection." She rolled her eyes."Well you sound revived... how about giving it another go?" He was about to say something else when a more gentle female voice was heard.

"Thinking about having a taste of her Asteroth?" The voice was seductive yet full of darkness."Why don't you lay on your back Esem?...that's all your good for." Asakai managed to stand up smiling."You little...I'll have you know being Master's mistress is an honor. After all I'd rather be his mistress than his toy." Esem taunted her."Ignore the whore Asakai she's just a succubus on a power trip. You've got training...." Asteroth found himself interrupted."Actually I came to deliver the good news. You see Asakai has been invited to Master's room tonight....something about ownership..." The tall, thin, white skinned ddemonness spokw waving her jewel encrested hand. Esem was the only succubus who was overly decorated though her lack of clothing was distracting enough. Asakai dropped her sword," Asakai calm down it's probably nothing." Asteroth put a massive hand on her back."No I think it's something...He stated he just wanted one girl tonight..and he asked for Asakai..even though that's not her niche." Esem spoke with distaste. Asakai smirked turning around,"Give him a message will you Esem?" Esem smiled and nodded."I wouldn't lay on back for him for all the power in hell." Esem shook her head,"Okay but Master won't be happy...you're just going to make it worse by keeping him waiting." With that she dissapeared leaving Asaaki and Asteroth back to their training.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque had sparred with Griffinhart for a good while and then Balthizar, getting more used to left handed fighting but he was starting to get restless, the need to save the woman he loved burned through his veins. He was panting from the intense training. His muscles burned from the strain of using an arm he normally used to add power to his right arm. "We must rest...but..." He trailed off.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Having been watching them spar while he prepared their encampment, Thaltos walked over and clapped Torque on the back.

"You are right, my friend. Rest now, for tomorrow will be a great day for all of us. I'm thinking we should introduce ourselves in the village below prior to setting out against my mother's attendants. They are not a large town, and rarely see outsiders, but if we can garner their support we should be able to resupply and strategize from there. Besides, meeting them on our terms beats stumbling across them in the dangers of the swamp. Perhaps they'll even know of a way through the swamp that is relatively safe."

Nodding at the others, Thaltos walked over to the log he'd dragged beside his fire and laid with his back against it. Crossing his arms over his chest and placing his ankle over the other, his mind drifted away to a restless slumber.

Reaction score
"I believe you are back up to par. Go and have a rest...can't push you too far I might break you." Asteroth gave a good laugh picking up the many weapons scattered on the floor."I think that's the most fun I've had in a while...I forgot how much I loved to spar...I..." She stopped remembering what her little blood lust had gotten her into."You what?" Asteroth questioned beginning to sweep the piles of debris away."It's nothing..." She began to help as well."You were never a good liar. That was one of your flaws. So the falling in love part was true?" Asteroth smiled."... don't say love...it's too pointless to love something...it..it's more than love...it is a connection I feel with no one else." Asakai spoke as she leaned against the stone wall. " Ah I see...I used to have a wife and a few brats two young boys...when Daemon ripped through our village his armies killed everyone. I'd been away on business and returned..ended up enslaved by Daemon as a smith...the point being is..if you 'love' this person Asakai...you shouldn't be here." Asteroth put his broom away."You are one of the few friends I have Asteroth...you are also one of my trusted teachers. Take no offense when I say it is much more complicated than that. I can never give him children nor could I ever really be able to love him. He would die and I would not...oddly..somehow I still want to try...but for now I must remain here." Asakai pushed herself from the wall heading up the stairwell to the main floor of the fortress.

It wasn't long before she'd gone to the baths and was newly dressed in a loaned pair of clothes from a succubus. She ended up wandering around the fortress observing the many forces Daemon had gathered. She stopped to observe a few soldiers sparring when a hand was placed on her shoulder she whirled around ready to knock the offenders head of when she saw him." Aneas? Reise? Abelia? Marlu?" She spoke looking at the four humans in sheer shock."Long time no see 'Kai" The young blue haired spunky woman spoke.She was one of Daemon's assassins her name was Reise. Abelia and Aneas were twin demon slayers brought to the fortress under enslavemnet Daemon had found them of use and decided to keep them. Marlu on the other hand was a strange man not much older than Torque whom was a dark mystic and a powerful one at that. All four of these mortals were people Asakai had grown up with in the fortress."Miss us Asakai?" Marlu laughed. Asakai felt somethign sweel up inside her and she hugged all four of them. Most of them had flinched."Who are you and what have you done with Asakai?" Marlu spoke an eyebrow raised."Shut up before I decide to kill you...it's been too long and I'm not in the mood." Asakai spoke in a darkend tone."There she is." Reise spoke giving a gentle laugh.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
As the morning sun came, Balthizar was already at work cooking a wild boar he had caught, "I'm not much of a cook, but I can still cook up a mean ham breakfast." he said to the others with a chuckle.

As Balthizar finished his food, he turned to Thaltos and said, "As soon as everyone is done, we should get moving quickly, I want our little side-quest to be fulfilled quickly, so I too may have some revenge.".

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque didn't speak during breakfast, in fact he hadn't even slept the night before. He had gone out on his own to train himself up in a nearby field, practicing using his left hand. His muscles ached now from not being used to so much attention but he had kept it up. A single thought ran through his head. I must do this for her, I must do this for her. He had repeated mentally over and over again whilst the others slept. He didn't know if Griffinhart ever slept, he was aware of the ancient's eyes on him.