• Ghost

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Dark Templar

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
IM goin with ghost just because it has the range. And for those of you who think range isnt everything, picture this: A DT trying to assassinate a political leader with security and all that good stuff. I dont really think its going to happen. A ghost on the other hand could simply chill on a roof top and wait until the target is in view and then shoot him. Then he could simply dissapear into the crowd.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I dont know if the protoss can control a persons mind, although I highly doubt it
Judicator sometimes manipulate other beings' minds. Complete and total mind control would be possible, I think. The Dark Templar injects a portion of its essence into the target being, and restructures the mind of the being. The mind is nothing but the result of biological processes. Why can't we re-wire it?

IM goin with ghost just because it has the range.
We are talking about assassination, correct? Well, if a target is worthy of assassination, they'd probably know about it, and will protect themselves; they won't just be out in the open in some clear field. If they are some government or military official, they'll lock themselves behind some large doors in an installation somewhere. If we get passed the part where the assassin breaks through security, a long-range sniper rifle shouldn't be too helpful. In fact, more likely than not, to get through and battle at near-melee ranges. (Hence the psi-scythe.) Now remember, a Dark Templar has shields, do deflecting a few shots should be no concern.

Now, consider Nova's abilities: super-speed, psi-sight, strength, et cetera. Now, she is a lowly human; humans have only been exploring their psionic abilities for a few decades. Now look at the Protoss, whose innate psionic energies flourish. Would they not only possess similar abilities, but better ones?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
coRtALoS said:
but you also forget that any DT going up close to their victim is subject to any mines, traps, or otherwise hidden installations that may have been setup to lure such an assassin to their target. ;)

Ghost forever.

Are u trying 2 say ghosts don't fall for those as well? haha
The ghost wouldn't make a great assassin at all because of it's WEAK attack. Besides, up close and personal kills make for a more stealthly approach. DTs make you fear your own shadow.

Darkzero190

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedmarines.cjb.net
Visions of Khas said:
Judicator sometimes manipulate other beings' minds. Complete and total mind control would be possible, I think. The Dark Templar injects a portion of its essence into the target being, and restructures the mind of the being. The mind is nothing but the result of biological processes. Why can't we re-wire it?

We are talking about assassination, correct? Well, if a target is worthy of assassination, they'd probably know about it, and will protect themselves; they won't just be out in the open in some clear field. If they are some government or military official, they'll lock themselves behind some large doors in an installation somewhere. If we get passed the part where the assassin breaks through security, a long-range sniper rifle shouldn't be too helpful. In fact, more likely than not, to get through and battle at near-melee ranges. (Hence the psi-scythe.) Now remember, a Dark Templar has shields, do deflecting a few shots should be no concern.

Now, consider Nova's abilities: super-speed, psi-sight, strength, et cetera. Now, she is a lowly human; humans have only been exploring their psionic abilities for a few decades. Now look at the Protoss, whose innate psionic energies flourish. Would they not only possess similar abilities, but better ones?

ahh yes young one you explained this very well.........

i 2nd what he said.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visions of Khas said:
Because I don’t think that DTs have had extensive training in using it. The other protoss have trained themselves because of Khala, the DTs don’t believe in that.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
now here's the problem with ghost on sc. a ghost isn't really stealthy, i mean come on, they practicly shoot anything that comes within range of their guns thus losing their stealth. cloaking wouldn't let the ghost fire but once it's gone, "i see you bam". the Dt on he other hand is a melee unit, just for him to even attack, means that they would basicly be stepping over them

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Well usally units auto-attack enemies once they are in range, how ever the ghost does not while cloaked!

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a ghost has a greater range than a Dt. a dt can only attack melle which means that only an enemy unit who is basicly right in front of a DT can it attack. however the ghost is a range unit, therefore it will automaticly fire at any enemy unit.
i.e
a ghost is hiding in the trees on hold, 3 enemy zealots comes within maybe 2 matrix of the ghost. the ghost AI will see that he's in range and fire thus all 3 zealots will attack the ghost.
a DT that hides in the tree on hold, and a 3 zeal comes within 1 matrix of him. the zealots have a chance of not being attacked and losing his stealth becuase most of the time the computer AI only attack if they were attacked first, thus the DT remains in the tree and safe from harm.
get me?

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
yes.. but if the ghost is cloaked it wont attack unless you tell it to.. oh and my vote goes to the dt.. if you were going to assasinate say a political figure, wouldnt you wait untill after he was out in the open where everyone could see him, if i was gonna do it i would wait in his dresser and kill him once he closed the door then hide his body and get the hell out...

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Phoenix2003 said:
Are u trying 2 say ghosts don't fall for those as well? haha
The ghost wouldn't make a great assassin at all because of it's WEAK attack. Besides, up close and personal kills make for a more stealthly approach. DTs make you fear your own shadow.
You're saying that a .50 calibre Drugnov sniper rifle (with a round large enough to go completely through an engine block) is a weak attack?

One round would blow your entire head clean off!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
coRtALoS said:
You're saying that a .50 calibre Drugnov sniper rifle (with a round large enough to go completely through an engine block) is a weak attack?

One round would blow your entire head clean off!
Someone ate too much NUBCAEK for breakfast.

It's a C-10 Canister Rifle. It has concussive damage which blows against heavy metal.

Where'd you get the idea of a .50 calibre Drugnov sniper rifle?

Too much :wasted huh?

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah but the ghost can run out of energy and can't do anything, the Dt stays cloaked forever

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone think cloaking is the only way to be stealthy?

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Because I don’t think that DTs have had extensive training in using it.
Why wouldn't they? They can create permanent cloaking fields that require no energy once created. Ghosts can't do this; their cloaking is based in technology and energy cells. So, if cloaking is above physically augmenting abilities, then why can't Dark Templar enhance their speed and strength?

Why does everyone think cloaking is the only way to be stealthy?
Because it helps. A lot. But, as you will find in SC:G, you also have to be skilled in sneaking around, being unobtrusive, and witty. Make too much noise, and those marines will fill you with depleted uranium.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
Dark Templar all the way. while there are advantages to both, I would rather have the ghost trying to assassinate me than the Dark Templar. I just imagine the scene from Pirates of the Caribbean, where the "ghosts" (lol pun) jump the boat, in the final action scene and just start to slit the guards throat...which is why I choose the Dark Templar.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
DigitalElite said:
I just imagine the scene from Pirates of the Caribbean, where the "ghosts" (lol pun) jump the boat, in the final action scene and just start to slit the guards throat...which is why I choose the Dark Templar.
Im sure a ghost could do that, I doubt they only carry that rifle. My guess is the rifle is only for use during combat.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
betaalpha5 said:
yeah but the ghost can run out of energy and can't do anything, the Dt stays cloaked forever
So you're saying that Fenix's energy DIDN'T run out when he died at the hands of the Zerg during the Single Player Protoss Campaign?

DTs rely too much on their cloaking ability, and not enough on other training afforded to the highly-trained Terran Ghost.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
How do you know Dark Templar don't make as much use of their training as do Ghosts? Protoss can live for mellenia; surely they'll learn a thing or two during their centuries of combat. o_O;

Fenix may have fell due to a simple glitch in the system. Or he may well have lost his power; perhaps he was somehow severed from the communal or psionic matrix- IE all of his brethren in the immediate area fell, or the local pylons/nexii were destroyed.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ashigaru said:
Im sure a ghost could do that, I doubt they only carry that rifle.
Dare to dream, buddy. Dare to dream.