Website
Visit site
OMG, not again.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Dark Templar. He doesn't need to cloak, he's always cloaked from being in the darker part of the universe. And plus, he cuts things, he doesn't shot them. :p

His blade could cutt through almost anything, and he would be very agile for a potoss unit. ''*zerrrruum*'' Is all you would hear. Then the victim splits in half and dies instantly.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
His blade could cutt through almost anything, and he would be very agile for a potoss unit. ''*zerrrruum*'' Is all you would hear. Then the victim splits in half and dies instantly.
A bullet in the head gets an instant kill too. Wont hear much from a silenced pistol either.

And im not talking about a ghost vs. a dt. Try to keep that in mind. Its about who has the better assassination skills.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i voted for the Dt ghost yes good for a terran but they need the energy pack anyway to even cloak. dt gets it for free :)
in real life advantage for the ghost, one shot one kill. i mean the ghost would kill someone before the enemy even heard the shot. but the dt has the ability to get into deep behind enemy terrotory adn just kill a human general without even sweating or going for stealth

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yup. Stealth Assassins 4ever. :)
Heh, I almost spelled it wrong like my bnet name.

Reaction score
I have to vote Ghost becuase "real life" with his ocular implants he could probably see the DT, whereas the DT has no implants so he couldn't see the cloaked Ghost.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can't go on "probable".

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cuz they needed a sex symbol in the game.. what's more sexy than seeing a girl bending over or jumping high in the air? get my drift

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
StarCraft: Dark Templar sounds pretty gay.

DT would own, he is silent, unlike the gunshot from a canister rifle. DT ALL the way...

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
My vote: Dark Templar.

A bullet in the head gets an instant kill too.
Too many people, it seems, feel that having a ranged attack means instant victory. This isn't always the case. It takes a fair amount of skill ti wield a melee-range weapon effectively.

I have to vote Ghost becuase "real life" with his ocular implants he could probably see the DT, whereas the DT has no implants so he couldn't see the cloaked Ghost.
It may be possible for a Ghost's implants to detect a Ghost. But remember: a Dark Templar generates his or her cloaking field with psionic energies- the powers of the mind. Now, though Ghosts have tremendous psionic potential, that power pales by comparison to any Protoss. Come now, the Protoss have been honing their skills with their psi for thousands of years before Terrans even been exploring the structure of the mind.
Where is this going? Well, I wouldn't put it past a Dark Templar to be able to confuse their opponents, or "remove themselves" from their mind.

The Protoss have been around for many millenia, and live for centuries. Would not a Templar's martial training be much more extensive than any Terran's?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzokuken said:
StarCraft: Dark Templar sounds pretty gay.

Then there's the fact that Raszagal is protoss. * shrugs* I like the protoss as a race in the game, but not like that.
Besides,
DT= ghosts with balls.
Any ****** coward can shoot someone from a distance, but it takes a "real man"(expression) to do it upclose and personal.

To the original poster: I don't see how you want us to apply this to real life(maybe VoK can) when the protoss(not to mention the game) are FICTIONAL. That was pretty biased.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
I said "real life" not real life. You know, the quote marks change the meaning a little. So if the protoss and terran were real, which would make the better assassin?

I dont know if the protoss can control a persons mind, although I highly doubt it, but we know at least one ghost, well she aint one now, could read peoples minds.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
DT= ghosts with balls.
Any ****** coward can shoot someone from a distance, but it takes a "real man"(expression) to do it upclose and personal.
A ghost can kill up close and personal too, after all they did decapitate a family.

Im just too lazy to edit my above post...

Bink

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ashigaru said:
I said "real life" not real life. You know, the quote marks change the meaning a little. So if the protoss and terran were real, which would make the better assassin?

I dont know if the protoss can control a persons mind, although I highly doubt it, but we know at least one ghost, well she aint one now, could read peoples minds.
Don't know if protoss can control a persons mind eh? Ever used a dark archon, which is made by merging two dark templar? Mind Control is indeed a protoss ability my friend :)

Anyway DT all the way because I could walk up to anyone and mutilate them, guns are fun yes but if i've got a 4 foot blade on my arm I'd enjoy killing people alot more.

aphextwin

Reaction score
mmm it really depends on the situation............ but overall i'd go with ghost :p

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
As great as you may think a DT would be in an assassination attempt, you all forget the fact that immediately after someone gets cut in half, you wouldn't think the entire structure they were in would lock down completely? Windows, doors, everything could become barred or sealed in an instant.

If DTs could cut through any walls, why couldn't they in those missions where you have to infiltrate Terran installation structures?

Don't get me wrong, DT blades are nasty, but if that were true, why shouldn't they be able to kill a Tank in 2 hits (1 to cut through the shell, 2nd to kill the crew).

Yes they can kill a marine in 1 hit, but you also forget that any DT going up close to their victim is subject to any mines, traps, or otherwise hidden installations that may have been setup to lure such an assassin to their target. ;)

Ghost forever.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bink said:
Don't know if protoss can control a persons mind eh? Ever used a dark archon, which is made by merging two dark templar? Mind Control is indeed a protoss ability my friend
I dont consider an archon part of the protoss race.

Biske

Reaction score
lol, true, Archons are not physical beings. So, maybe they can't be considered a natural part of their race....hmmm...maybe someone should start a thread on that, and talk about it.

I still like how the Ghost looks, with his head gear, and big ass gun, and stuff. I kinda like the idea of having someone see me in their last moments as I unload the canister out of my rifle and it clings on the floor, staring them dead in the eye, then having them cleaved apart, never knowing who or what did it.