• Dark Templar

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You ARE giving ghosts stuff. Like I said, you're extremely biased. DTs are BETTER.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
What have I given the ghost?

Stop with that stupid biased shit, you are clearly biased as well...

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Even with those ocular implants, they can't see the DT, therefore Ghosts suck.

weeeee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ashigaru said:
I supose all that gear the Ghost has is just to look pretty...

I'm not "giving" the ghost anything, just pointing out the stuff they already have.
There. They're using stuff.

Anyways, DT's blades are infused to their arms or do they just carry them?

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Kao said:
Even with those ocular implants, they can't see the DT, therefore Ghosts suck.
When did this turn into a Ghost vs. DT thread? Its about the better assassin.....

A good assassin wouldn't need to cloak at all.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
We've been talking about which is better at killing, and I assumed thunderdome- 2 men enter, one man leaves. Considering the ghost can't really see the DT, it's a Default win for the DT, rendering him the best assassin of the two.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
haha so true so true. but the advantage of the ghost is that it can atack air units which can help. if a ghost and a dt with no upgrades, dt owns because at this time the ghost can't cloak or do anything. but fully upgraded, the ghost is slightly betterin firepower. i mean who else can target an enemy strong point and blow it sky high :)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Usually an assassin kills on the ground dude. Secondly, even though a ghost can be fully upgraded, he still can NOT SEE the DT. He can see the light being shifted around, but he can't lock on (and therefore kill) the DT. You people are failing to see this.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude... i voted for the DT okay, i'm just pointing out some of the ghost's special. BTw a cloak wraith can be a dive bomber :p

hey who knows... maybe the ghost traced a little island and right before the nuke drops down, and the dt unknowingly decides to walk into the areaand gets killed :p

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Dark Templar bend light around themselves- and infrared is a part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Can they effect infrared just as well? I do not know. But also know that Protoss can detect the psychic emenations of other beings. So, if you have to keep saying they can both see each other, cloaking doesn't help.

But, as said before, range isn't everything- targets worthy of assassination would know it, and would get a nice big army between you and them. Thus, you may need to infiltrate a large facility to get to 'em, meaning more than likely you'll be at melee range. And when it comes to this- Dark Templar > Terran Ghost

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
****ing read you moron. It says "Which would be the better assassin?" not "Who'd win a fight a DT or Ghost?".

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Well, the better assassin could assassinate the other, thus prooving the better assassin. Duh.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Well, if the two were pitted against each other, it WOULD make sense, considering the better assassin of the two would assassinate the other assassin. And yes, it is completly relevant to the thread.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Assassin's don't generally assassinate other assassins. The point of this thread/poll is to find how who would be the more effective killing machine, acting as an assassin. This thread delves outside of the constraints that SCBW binds us (Such as cloak).

So therefore, suggestions such as a Ghost shooting the distorted light that a DT gives off is valid.

I still think a DT would be more effective though. They are faster than Ghosts, and they deal more damage. Hypothetically, even if a Ghost was assassinating a DT, it would take the Ghost quite some time (Regardless of it's damage on SCBW) because of the DT's shields. The DT would realise it's shields have been damaged, so it then knows something is trying to kill it. Which hampers the Ghosts efforts and being an assassin, your best bet would be to catch them off guard, and the DT is not off guard now ;)

I just like the idea of a silent killer. And i don't think the Ghost is much of a silent killer compared to a DT.