The 2008 US Presidential Election

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Don't even get me started on the No Child Left Behind program.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
I figure I'd give my second take on the 2008 election after a month has gone by. I'll cover the Democrats first since there isn't much to say from what I see. The three front runners seem to strongly still be Clinton, Obama, and Edwards, though Clinton has made me increasingly scared of her with her replacing our "ownership society" with "shared prosperity." She'd be the perfect compliment to Bush; he destroys any respectability in our foreign policy and she can add destroying any respectability in our domestic policy.

The Republican frontrunners are a mess. They're still Giuliani, Romney, and McCain. Gingrich hasn't entered the race and I doubt he will now since his numbers in the polls are declining and Thompson is launching an exploratory commity and will jump in soon and he's had consistently high numbers despite not being an actual announced candidate.

As for my choice in a candidate, I've been fully converted to Ron Paul. Just to go over what I like about:
1) He supports noninterventionism in foreign policy, something that makes him stand out from all the neocons running and the Democrats who are running.
2) He's very strong on immigration - secure boarders.
3) Supports individual rights over security - against the Patriot Act.
4) Massively slash federal taxes and federal spending (cutting pointless agencies)
5) Is a medical doctor who is pro-life.
6) Wants to remove the Fed - something that I've supported for a very long time though it's not a major issue.

What makes it even better is his voting record. Voted against going into Iraq. Voted against the Patriot Act. Plans to vote against the immigration bill the senate came up with. Has never voted to raise taxes. And the list goes on. There are a few minor things I disagree with, but there finally seems to be a conservative running for me to vote for.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I still think clinton is going to win...she's different and very popular. I don't want her to win though.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Hello children, Al Gore 08' is all I got to say. US needs someone who's only goal is not pleasing the corporate lobbyists but instead actually fixing the country, and someone as out spoken and experienced as Al Gore at this point is the only one who can do it. No matter who you pick a donkey or an elephant they both get their meals from the same corporate hands.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello children, Al Gore 08' is all I got to say. US needs someone who's only goal is not pleasing the corporate lobbyists but instead actually fixing the country, and someone as out spoken and experienced as Al Gore at this point is the only one who can do it. No matter who you pick a donkey or an elephant they both get their meals from the same corporate hands.

Oh yes... lest vote for the inconvenient hypocrite. Yeah im sure Al gore wont take money from lobbyists to fund a campaign and lets not forget intrest groups...Al gore will just pay for it right out of his pocket while flying all over the US in his little jet airplane which would contribute to global warming. :lol:

I probably wont even bother to pay attention to the next presidential elections. All this election is going to be about is how are you going to deal with the war and immigration.:tsk:

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ralph naider is actually a WAY better choice. He's been an enviormentalist for as long as i can remember..

+ jello biafra let ralph run for the green party when they first elected jello to run.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Oh yes... lest vote for the inconvenient hypocrite. Yeah im sure Al gore wont take money from lobbyists to fund a campaign and lets not forget intrest groups...Al gore will just pay for it right out of his pocket while flying all over the US in his little jet airplane which would contribute to global warming. :lol:

I probably wont even bother to pay attention to the next presidential elections. All this election is going to be about is how are you going to deal with the war and immigration.:tsk:
Shows how little you know really. Global warming is a fact btw but thats not the only reason why Al Gore should be elected, he doesn't have a party agenda like all the other candidates do as in he would put interests of the people over the interests of the party or his personal interests.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Shows how little you know really. Global warming is a fact btw but thats not the only reason why Al Gore should be elected, he doesn't have a party agenda like all the other candidates do as in he would put interests of the people over the interests of the party or his personal interests.
I dont deny global warming. I said Al gore is a damn hypocirte! clearly stated in my last post. No candidate will listen to soley the people get over yourself and quit putting so much trust in a political figure. Al Gore has no chance is winning the Democratic nomination. Oboma and Hillary have a much better chance.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
I dont deny global warming. I said Al gore is a damn hypocirte! clearly stated in my last post. No candidate will listen to soley the people get over yourself and quit putting so much trust in a political figure. Al Gore has no chance is winning the Democratic nomination. Oboma and Hillary have a much better chance.
Hypocrite? In what way? Al Gore is different, he knows where is an issue and he does what he needs to to solve it, politics is just a tool, unlike everyone else he is much less likely to be bought, he is already freaking rich, he owns a nice piece of Apple and those who might fund his campaign, they do solely because they like his thinking.

Hillary is evil (look into her eyes and you see Dick Cheney), can't say much about Obama he doesn't seem decisive enough and Edwards...lets not even go there, and than we have the Republican side, a bunch of pro-war Bush wannabies.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Гражданин СССР said:
Hillary is evil (look into her eyes and you see Dick Cheney), can't say much about Obama he doesn't seem decisive enough and Edwards...lets not even go there, and than we have the Republican side, a bunch of pro-war Bush wannabies.
Republican side a bunch of pro-war Bush wannabies? How about Ron Paul? Voted against the Iraq war in Congress. Voted against the Patriot Act in Congress. Is against the immigration bill in congress right now. The list goes on. He is a noninternventionist. He's been against the Iraq War since the very first vote to allow the war in Congress unlike most of the Democrats.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Republican side a bunch of pro-war Bush wannabies? How about Ron Paul? Voted against the Iraq war in Congress. Voted against the Patriot Act in Congress. Is against the immigration bill in congress right now. The list goes on. He is a noninternventionist.
Im talking about people who have a chance of winning, McCain, Guliani, Romney, the chances of others to get nominated are nonexistent.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Im talking about people who have a chance of winning, McCain, Guliani, Romney, the chances of others to get nominated are nonexistent.
He's still got a chance. His popularity is continuing to grow and he might do well in the first Republican Primary because NH is one of the most libertarian states in the United States.

Teh_Pwner

Member!
Reaction score
Though he has only discussed entering the race, I am rooting for Michael Savage.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
He's still got a chance. His popularity is continuing to grow and he might do well in the first Republican Primary because NH is one of the most libertarian states in the United States.
We'll have to see, I think I saw the guy you're talking about on Colbert Report, he was a guest. In any case, after Bush all the Democrats have to do to win is find a white middle-aged guy to be their candidate and they're set, they got the presidential seat.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Hypocrite? In what way? Al Gore is different, he knows where is an issue and he does what he needs to to solve it, politics is just a tool, unlike everyone else he is much less likely to be bought, he is already freaking rich, he owns a nice piece of Apple and those who might fund his campaign, they do solely because they like his thinking.

You must not read my posts clearly. Here is just one example of being a hypocrite which was previously stated in another post.
Al gore will just pay for it right out of his pocket while flying all over the US in his little jet airplane which would contribute to global warming.
What makes you think he is less likely to be bought? What man in his right mind would pay for all of his campaign to recieve lousy pay when the man is already "freaking rich"? Do you think this man is some kind of savior here to save our earth from global warming? I think the bastard is just buying into it to pave his way to the white house.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
What makes you think he is less likely to be bought? What man in his right mind would pay for all of his campaign to recieve lousy pay when the man is already "freaking rich"? Do you think this man is some kind of savior here to save our earth from global warming? I think the bastard is just buying into it to pave his way to the white house.
Perfect logic...that must be why although many, many very rich people are begging him to run he still says no. He won the election in 2000 if democracy actually worked for once the past 7 years of a White House **** up after **** up would never have happened.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Perfect logic...that must be why although many, many very rich people are begging him to run he still says no.

Then basically bringing him up for the 2008 presidental elecitons are pointless if he has no intentions of running again. Congradulations, your posts in this thread are worthless just like you are.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If you haven't seen any of his video clips, he's huge on youtube, then I suggest you check them out. There's no reason to be biased against a party, and only vote within one.

Here's a hilarious clip, to anyone that thought Ron Paul looked frail and weak.