O~ Tauren Chieftan

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just clarifying:

- Shockwave DOES have a cap. Any more than 12 units will not be affected.
- When the TC dies WITH an active Reincarnation, the enemy gets 0 XP for the first time the killed the TC.

Anyway, I'd prefer to let the TC tank while my guys attack their army. That's why I prefer using Stomp over Shockwave. Wave works best when your TC is to the side of their army wall, but that leaves your other units open... which is perfectly fine if you have other tanks like grunts or tauren, but that's supposed to be the TCs job right?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Pan said:
but zerkers especialy suck
Not really, I built them last game. But I had Tauren Raiders and Doctors along with 2 Demos, TC and a Pit Lord. So really its a good support unit considering they can do about 30 damage to things.The Tauren Chieftan ended up doing the real damage with its shockwaves. Aim it properly and you can spread the 75-200 dmg pain across many units. This helps you defeat ghoul rushes or people that are focus firing on a building.

Shockwave DOES have a cap. Any more than 12 units will not be affected.
I am aware of that, I fire the Shockwave across areas less than 12 units most of the time. You might want to Ensare as well if you wish to do some real damage with Shockwave and even Rain of Fire.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hellwolf_36 said:
I am aware of that, I fire the Shockwave across areas less than 12 units most of the time. You might want to Ensare as well if you wish to do some real damage with Shockwave and even Rain of Fire.
I was responding to this:

havocidal said:
between chain lightning n shockwave... shockwave does more damage and there is no limit in shockwave... if there are 20 units all 20 units will get it... but chain lightning... it only hits a FEW units...
I will agree that wave is good if you have additional melee units, but without them, the door is open to your fragile casters/rangers.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Chain Lightning is really only useful when you are fighting clumped units or units running away. Besides that spell really hits 5-9 units, not 20. Some spells may look weak, but when used properly you can wipe out an army and do proper damage.