_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
reincarn is good but blademasta is the best

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
CitricAcid13 said:
How come he's the least commonly used orc hero? I think he's the second best to farseer.

War Stomp - Immobilizes all melee so you're grunts / hh or w/e can pick em off without disturbance

Endurance Aura - A good aura, attack + movement speed is the same thing as bloodlust (but not as much)

Shockwave - Great against lines of low hp ranged.

Reincarnation - Not one of the best but is still very useful for this reason:

Tauren Chieftan = Highest damage and highest hp at level 10. If the other team micros on you it may take 8 seconds to kill you! 8 seconds is a long time in the heat of battle, and after all that you just come back! I welcome microing my Tauren Chieftan.

I am posting this because of the Orc Stronghold channel: TC SUX KK THX!

And, on a side note, I'm wondering if any of you agree with me in saying that the blademaster is a horrible hero besides hero harrassing. Yes windwalk is good for that, but after that he is a low hp melee unit IMO.

This is an interesting topic.
TC in my opinion is a super hero only if he gets level 10. At level 10 i will gladly exchange any other heroes orc for him (remember single player cheat TENTHLEVELTAURENCHIEFTAIN) and there is also another hero the human palladin wich at level 10 makes your army undefeatable.
Ok here are the 3 big shortcomings of this hero: first very low mana pool , (why do u think that HM players use MK after AM) with a mana burn this hero at low levels becomes a useless 750 hp cow, the second shortcoming is absolutely no defend ability for a melee hero like him.In truth the MK doesn't have it either but the human has priest at tier 2 and only arcane sanctum required , until the orc gets healing wards the game is over ( in my opinion the 1.18 healing wards are the worst healing solution in a battle) and the third problem is his stupid level 6 ability if the hero dies he will never die by mistake (at least not a good player's hero) he will die because u have been defeated
and all that remains for the enemy is to surround the the diing spot, and another thing why should this ability be so glorius it's not like will reincarnate some kind of infernal. Instead of reincarnation I usually give lvl 3 to the aura or to the 2 other abilities. The good players arange their building in a base to be like glued one to another and the FS earthquake will level half a base in no time.
I think that the best orc heroes are FS and SH (blademaster only for rush) and I also say that the orc team has the worst heroes compared to the other teams.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The Tauren Chieftan is widely used for its War Stomp and Endurance in random team games. But thats random team bro, which isnt a real test of strategy. I use Shockwave and Endurance and learn at least 1 point in War Stomp for those situations where you need to run away. Shockwave helps you damage ranged units and in swordfights, damage a line of melee units where you need it most. Most people don't bother with Shockwave, thinking that 75 damage early on and 200 damage later isn't really worth it.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
The Tauren Chieftan is widely used for its War Stomp and Endurance in random team games. But thats random team bro, which isnt a real test of strategy. I use Shockwave and Endurance and learn at least 1 point in War Stomp for those situations where you need to run away. Shockwave helps you damage ranged units and in swordfights, damage a line of melee units where you need it most. Most people don't bother with Shockwave, thinking that 75 damage early on and 200 damage later isn't really worth it.

Ok man shokwave is good (sometimes very good) and war stomp , but like I said: very very low mana pool, no defend resources (war stomp can be used for this but has not the mana cost of a blink or divine shield) and stupid level 6 ability are the problems of this hero not shokwave and war stomp.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
Uh-huh. I don't really find the BM's low HP a real problem, often the DH has more problems despite more HP in the early stages. Mirror Image is pretty good at terrifying n00bs though. They're like, "WTF! WHY DO U HAVE 2 HEROES?" all the time.
Some people are even stupid and attack the fake ones. The trick is microing the fake ones so they could believe its the real one. Just don't cast any spells either.

TheoStormHawk said:
Ok man shokwave is good (sometimes very good) and war stomp , but like I said: very very low mana pool,
I come prepared with Mana Pots, just in case ;).

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
TC is a stupid 1st hero... for solo
he's got good hp but very low armor, making him much easier to kill then a DH, Mk or a DK. his aura is very good for the orc army, but he's used mainly as a second hero. Going FS 1st gives you the advantage of baing able to harass / fend off rushes, fast expoing, creeping, and w/e, because of wolfs. he's truly big, and will most of the times be easily surrounded if he gets to melee range with any disabler. being a second hero, he play a completely different role in the game, being a supporter of the FS with a stun and decent HP, unlike another 2nd choiced heroes, like potm for example. But sometimes grubby style is much better than going TC....

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I do agree with you Luna. But the real challenge is using it first and keeping him alive to get Reincarnation early. In one AT with me Dream and N_, I got a lvl 4 TC at the end from playing at the beginning :D.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Hellwolf_36 said:
I do agree with you Luna. But the real challenge is using it first and keeping him alive to get Reincarnation early. In one AT with me Dream and N_, I got a lvl 4 TC at the end from playing at the beginning :D.
hehehe hellwolf...
i said he sucks as a 1st hero for SOLO, not for team :p
endurance aura just rulez in teamgames, and war stomp combined with stasis trap can give you like 12 seconds of stun =)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah, TC is actually good solo, get them in line, shock wave away, Ive seen some friends use him as first, who did pretty well =)

TCs are awesome hero, endurance, shockwave, = hawt, what more can I ask?

War stomp is good too.. I mean stuns, man, but I still think shock wave is more worth it, in early and stuff anyways =)

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
Nah, TC is actually good solo, get them in line, shock wave away, Ive seen some friends use him as first, who did pretty well =)

TCs are awesome hero, endurance, shockwave, = hawt, what more can I ask?

War stomp is good too.. I mean stuns, man, but I still think shock wave is more worth it, in early and stuff anyways =)
hmmm, think about your huntress / glaive throwers rush with a Kotg, what could a tc ever be able to do to fend it off... 75 dmg wont kill shit :usad

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
hmmm, think about your huntress / glaive throwers rush with a Kotg, what could a tc ever be able to do to fend it off... 75 dmg wont kill shit :usad
surprise surprise luna, I lost to orc because of that 75 dmg shock wave, he totally got me good, beat up my hunts to almost yellow hp, then suddenly comes TC from the back, shock waves, bam, red hp for hunts and some dead,

this was in turtle rock I think.. or was it twisted meadow? cant recall now, but yea, he got me good, it was more like surprise attack tho.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Shockwave is all about where you aim it and how well you can micro your TC when you cast it. Start a swordfight lock then fire the Shockwave going through the army.

phatfish_08

Member!
Reaction score
First of all i am not an orc user. But what i have seen in battles is that yes he is a good tank and that is about it. If i were playing orc i would have to go with the sword guy(forgot his name lol) because at level 6 he gets what i think is one of the best skills in the game whirlwind. One reason y i think it is the best is because it damages all enemies in the area and its a very good damage. And he has image and maxed out i think it is 4 doubles. So he doesnt really need to have alot of life (it would be good if he did) because he will have his images plus the men around him. But that is just my opinion.
:corn

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Ok man shokwave is good (sometimes very good) and war stomp , but like I said: very very low mana pool, no defend resources (war stomp can be used for this but has not the mana cost of a blink or divine shield) and stupid level 6 ability are the problems of this hero not shokwave and war stomp.
Mana is not a problem when you get to lvl 4 and up. Plus, you have mana potions on hand. Hell, last game with 2 shockwaves, I took out a whole squad of Mortar Teams and weakened Rifleman to a point of easy killing. Hell, shockwave pwns ghouls on ghoul rushes. Good way to spread 75 damage across units, forcing Death Knights to blow major mana (something has to heal them besides cannabilize).

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Mana is not a problem when you get to lvl 4 and up. Plus, you have mana potions on hand. Hell, last game with 2 shockwaves, I took out a whole squad of Mortar Teams and weakened Rifleman to a point of easy killing. Hell, shockwave pwns ghouls on ghoul rushes. Good way to spread 75 damage across units, forcing Death Knights to blow major mana (something has to heal them besides cannabilize).

Level 4 with the second hero in most cases means that the game is finished.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not necessarily. My TC once got to level 9 in a 2 on 2. My NE friend was ghoul rushed 3 times. I manage to pull off 200 damage Shockwaves and I had some demos. Bye Bye Ghouls :D.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Level 4 with the second hero in most cases means that the game is finished.
some ppl go TC as first hero in 2v2, or solo. :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As with the scenario above, I just did! It got me level 9 with like 100 kills :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Mass Bersekers is a very bad idea, even in 2 on 2. They don't have good hit points and something like mass chims or mortars can easily destroy them. I make Bersekers, but enough so I can attack some air units.