My thoughts on homosexaulity

Minnesota

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Tempest (eghh.. cant get used to "spike" :| ) which God do you worship?

I feel sorry for athiest people (not you) but that would kinda suck to have nothing to look forward after death. I mean they believe in nothing and when you die.. you just go. Ashes to ashes. Its kinda sad, because when I die I would look forward to seeing my family and stuff. But whatever you believe in is what you believe in, in my religion you go to Heaven when you die. When I know people that are sick, e.g. my mom almost had breat cancer, but I prayed sooo much and asked other people to pray, and it ended up being non cancerous. Theres a few others also. I think religion can be one of the more serious things about life if you think about it

IDefy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike~
His theories maybe go against the Bible, but they do coincide with modern science. :)

Freestyler, been a while. Homosexuality hasn't always been wrong. It only became wrong round 2000 years ago when the major religions started to become prevalent.

Perhaps if you would take your own advice and really think about why it's been wrong for the past 2000 years and why it has becomes more and more accepted in the past decade, then you might come to see things from my point of view.
Actually homosexuality was excepted in the middle ages. More common for men also.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Minnesotta if ur making reference to the scripture in Romans then i don't see how it is at all conclusive to the idea that being homosexual is genetic.. it could.. i repeat COULD mean that it is now a punishment given to humankind as a personality disorder. this is more what i would believe because i don't think God would punish someone for something they can't fix such as missing a chromosome.

However i believe that people have the choice to be homosexual or not. God says he abhors homosexuality. i don't know of any other references when he detests something which people are born with

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Depends on your definition of homosexuality. Most define it as simply the attraction to the same sex. What you're talking about is gay sex.

Now I'm kinda sleep deprived here, so this may not make much since, but it's stupid, and cruel, to damn someone for doing what comes natural to them. Sexual urges are one of the strongest urges on earth, and cellibacy is foolish.

Your God creates them with this flaw, that pre determines their sexuality before they even start school, and then damns them for doing what comes natural to them. That makes you God either really sick, or really dumb.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no but i don't believe he does create them with this. i think he knows who and what people will encounter in their lives to possibly influence them into that decision. Just as he doesn't create murderers or liars, or hypocrites but knows what will influence them to do these things.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Again, modern medical sceince has shown that gays are born with a predisposition that determines their sexuality before they're 5. Do you deny or accept this.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
agree maybe. a predisposition is not a definate unalterable thing

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Jaden
agree maybe. a predisposition is not a definate unalterable thing
Could you have sex with another woman and enjoy it? Could you turn gay at the drop of a hat? Don't think so. So what makes you think that they can.

Minnesota

Reaction score
You might can... thats what I have read, but it can develope because of things like getting made fun of.. depressiveness.. not having friends... Sh!t... sounds like me, Im not homosexual tho, and I never will be. But I think it can develop mentally and physically.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by Minnesota
So are you athiest then?
No not quite.. I have no clue if their is a god I just dont worship one.

If their is a god I assume that time is predetermined and the bible is made up.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tempest because i believe that God can act supernaturally and heal people both physically and spiritually yes i do think that someone with homosexual tendencies could in time have sex in a 'straight' context and enjoy it. I think people who are homosexual have been very wounded or subjected to things they shouldn't have been.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Red Evil, science has shown that ppl are born gay. If you choose to ignore this, thats you're business. But don't state ignorance as fact.

So, God heals all gays? In that case, why even create them in the first place?

And now, you're telling me that all gays were abused as kids, or were ****ed up in some major way? Does this apply to bis as well? Does this apply to...me? I'ld have thought you were above such ignorant and blind statements as that. ;)

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Many gay people grow up in a loving household, with both parents. Sure, someone could become gay from abuse, but always? Thats just a stupid comment. I'm sure all gays were "wounded" :rolleyes:

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
i kno plenty of gay people. its not like theyre bad or anything. personally im not gay, and never plan on changing that, but for some reason some people are gay. personaly i dont see why people wont let them alone. o well. thats my veiw of things.

Minnesota

Reaction score
I have learned to accept them. I go to a UCC church and before I didnt like gays, but I guess most of them werent too different other than their sexual orientation. What made me mad, was when 2 ladies from our church adopted a baby, I think it is sad how a kid is going to be raised with 2 moms and no dad.... its wrong. But thats kinda what made me mad.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
There is nothing "wrong" about sexuality read my other post about it. People don't know how anything was really intended. People think seeing a guy with a guy is gross, yet if the very first couple was a guy and another guy, that today it would be ok then.