My thoughts on homosexaulity

Flag

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i feel it is discrimination to not want to listen to your friends "encounter" based only on the fact that the person they got with was of the same sex. how is that NOT discriminatory
I personally would not want to hear either hetero or homo encounters but I'll humor you.

My heterosexual friend comes to me and tells me of a female he had sex with. He goes into detail and I'm eager to imagine it because I'm also attracted to females. Now I enjoy it because like I said I like females and I like sex.

My homosexual friend comes to me and tells me of a male he had sex with. He goes into detail and I'm not eager to imagine it because I'm not attracted to males. Now I do not enjoy it because I do not like males in a sexual manor. The idea of having sex with a man repulses me like the idea of a homosexual man having sex with a woman repulses him.

The issue then is a conflict of interest. I listen to my heterosexual friend's story because it interests me. I do not listen to my homosexual friend because it does not interest me.

It is a conflict of interest. I'm not "discriminating" against my homosexual friend because of who he is, but because I do not find interest in the subject.

Let's take another example.

My butcher comes to me and describes about how he chops up cows. I decide I don't want to listen to this and I find it repulsive. I don't want to listen to what he has to say about chopping up cows because it is not an interest of mine and it repulses me, not because he's a butcher.

You're taking discrimination beyond reason.

now we really come down to it.. is it even possible not to treat a person differently if they are of a different sexual orientation.. this is partly what i mean. you can claim science says its a birth defect, we all think we are equal, ideally there should be no discrimination etc. but in practice its not going to happen!!!!!!! therefore there must be something wrong.
Are you unware of certain Greek societies that have existed with homosexuality being considered as nothing wrong.

Infact one of the most powerful ancient armies, once upon a time, was just fine with homosexuals in the ranks and actually thought it beneficial as they fought harder for each other.

You're claiming it can't happen when it has happened in some past societies. That argument is obviously invalid.

Now let's get to the issue of why it was ever thought wrong in the first place. This is fairly simple. Homosexuals are in the minority (being roughly 10% of the population). The minority is often treated as being inferior. This happened with blacks in America yet I'm sure you wouldn't tell me that there is something wrong with being black. So then why is there with homosexuality? Simply saying "because the majority thinks it so" does not work.

Also claiming homosexuals and heterosexuals discriminate against each other simply because they don't want to hear each others sex stories is a little ridiculous. How often do these stories come up, or how often do they need to come up in daily conversation? I get along with my butcher just fine even though in my spare time I'm not chopping up cows and I may find it disgusting. For this same reason I am able to get along with a homosexual man who may share interest in history like myself; there is no written rule we must discuss sex, or even that we would want to. Now because we both know our interests in those matters aren't the same we may even avoid talking about it. It's simply a conflict of a particular interest.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Jaden
ill draw my conclusions from a combination of science, personal experience, faith, practicality, and observations.
Ok, then show me the science that backs up your claims that homosexuality is wrong. Show me your logic as to why it's wrong. Explain to me some of your personal observations as to why it's wrong.

And then tell me why you are willing to accept the sceince that says homosexuality is wrong, and why you won't accept the science that says it's ok?

trollwarlord2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i will have to disagree

with you i read in a science magazine : "being gay is a natural born thing . The embryo always starts from a neutral fase, neither man or woman. The amount of testoteron it recieves will make him man or woman. When taken a form (man or woman) he will further be evolved in toughts,etc etc . but when the male embryo (or the female embryo) gets too less testoteron in its evolve fase, it will turn more to the other side (for woman, counts eustrogene) and that means : he will become gay, to say it in an unpleasant way. When he is born he starts to evolve, in his child ages he will not really notice he's gay . But when he reaches teen ages (and gets mass testoteron upspill) he finds himself attracted to men. and so further..."

u are born gay or not,thats the answer