Mercenary's War

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Well...that is a little problem, as V'kleta HATES to lose...but if it is made apparent that his opponent is immortal as well...he may enjoy a good match. Keep in mind though, V'kleta not only HAS an arsenal...he IS an arsenal. You better be creative if you plan to have your guy fight mine. I know what V'kleta can do...do you? Plus, V'kleta's pride would allow him only to end the match in a draw. Otherwise he would not rest until his opponent was dead, and his endurance is much higher than most. He comes on relentlessly and never gives up. Not to mention he has killed demigods before. He's never tried to kill a full god before, but I imagine he relishes the chance.))

*V'kleta grins at the prospect.*
"That sounds like fun. If he is as good an opponent as you say, this shall be interesting."

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"The man taught me everything I know of magic and the fighting arts, and it's my guess that he barely scraped the surface of his knowledge in teaching me." A small door opened in the wall behind them. It had been so well fitted into the wall and colored precisely to match said wall that none of the adventurers saw it. Lord Tulanth stood on the other side.

"Come in, come in! Don't want those nasty wind beasts coming in. All three of them have been giving me no end of trouble lately." He glanced briefly over the three. "Well, judging from your new equipment, I'd say you already dealt with them." He glared at V'kleta. "I'll let you in, demon, but I would appreciate it if you would assume human form."

((J'kar, couldn't remember if you were still Drakotaur or not. So, you are, dont' forget to RP the shift before entering.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Yeah, I am in Drakotaur, so I'll shift.))

*V'kleta gives Tulanth a glare, but obligingly shifts into a handsome human clad in a black trench coat, with black leather pants and boots, plus a dark maroon shirt. He casually puts his hand to his hip to show that he is carrying a large sword...just in case of emergencies.*

"I will take human form, but rest assured that it is for the sake of mobility inside of a structure, not from any orders of yours. I take orders from no one...only tasks of murder and mayhem for my amusement."

*V'kleta follows the others through the gate.*

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Dhrenzen whispers to Ian, "what do you want with this guy? If this mission is so important, this better not take long."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*V'kleta continues walking, to the outside world intent on the corridor. But on the inside, he is deep in thought...particularly about is new host. He wonders what sorts of power this man has. He sends out his consciousness, leaving his body on autopilot. He floats unseen through the air, and settles into the Lord Tulanth. Instead of taking complete possession of the Lord, as he would with most mortals, V'kleta sits in the back of Tulanth's mind, sifting through the brainwaves and neuropatterns to see what he can learn about the Lord Tulanth. He is puzzled, as the walls around Tulanth's mind are continually shifting, and V'kleta is unable to penetrate the barriers. Dissatisfied, V'kleta begins to probe harder, but is interrupted as they turn a corner and a passing servant bumps into V'kleta's body, tearing his consciousness back to his material form. Hmmm....very interesting....this bears further investigation.*

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"Dhrenzen, this man could very well be what allows us to complete this mission. The equipment he has...I've only ever seen his outer storeroom. That in itself was amazing. He had soulstealing daggers from the Shadowlands, Flameblades from Mount Kirachal, so many amazing weapons and items... He could outfit thousands of armies. That is why we need him."

Tulanth stopped, letting Ian and Dhrenzen carry on down the hallway. He put his arm out, blocking V'kleta. "The next time you probe my mind, I will erase you, and every memory of you, from every universe and demension you ever touched. Do you understand me?" With those words, V'kleta saw Tulanth with what some call a second sight. He appeared as a towering pillar of blinding white light, too wide to even guess, and inifinitly tall. Then, his vision snapped back, and Tulanth appeared as a simple, ordinary old man.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*V'kleta chuckles.*

"You know not of what you deal with, fool...test me not."

*V'kleta forcefully invades Tulanth's mind, penetrating the light and shadowing it with an eternal darkness that swallows every ray of light. A look of unparalleled terror shadows Tulanth's face, and he gulps in fear. V'kleta seems to grow to tower over the Lord, who shrinks in terror from the unbelievable darkness that radiates from V'kleta. The light that Tulanth was flashing into V'kleta's mind is completely shattered, and V'kleta voices the truth of his being into Tulanth's mind. Tulanth cringes in terror as he learns of V'kleta's origins, and what he is against. With this, V'kleta passes through Tulanth's arm and continues down the passageway.*

"He will do as you require...and a challenge will not be necessary. Tulanth now knows that it would be a waste of time."

*He releases Tulanth from the fear that binds him, and Tulanth returns to normal, only a little more respectful of V'kleta.*

((Yes he is unstoppable...I'd hate to have a battle not turn out according to the quest storyline because of this, so keep him out of battles that it is pivotal he lose.

There, I edited this post to downplay some of the godmodding-like results. I essentially left Tulanth as I found him, but so he isn't trouble to V'kleta.))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( Dude, show a little humility. And I warn you against Godmodding. You are getting very, very close. ))

Dhrenzen pushed V'kleta aside. Walking up to Tulanth, Dhrenzen warmly says, "Greetings Lord Tulanth, and blessings upon your court." Dhrenzen shakes his hand and continues, "I am Dhrenzen, and the prideful man in the long dark jacket behing me is V'kleta. Do not fear him, his pride is greater than his strength. I'm sure you know Ian by what he has told me. Ian has also told me of your great treasure stores. As you may know, we are traveling mercenaries, and we are in search of treasure."

"Greetings, brave Dhrenzen," Tulanth replies.

Dhrenzen asks inquisitively, "Why do you call me brave? You have not seen me fight."

"You are brave for talking to me. Most men do not just come and greet me openly. But I have a good disposition to you, so I do not mind. And by the way, I have seen all of you fight. Nothing in this plane is hidden from me. I have eyes and ears everywhere, besides my own."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Listen Dhren, it seems like godmodding, but well...V'kleta is essentially a god. I mean, he's not actually a god but that's the best way to explain him for now. I wish to refrain from godmodding, which is why I requested that I be kept out of battles in which an enemy must win. V'kleta can't lose. Therefore, if the flow of the story requires an enemy winning, the only plausible course of action is to not have V'kleta fight. I can't say too much about V'kleta's origins, because it's part of the Purging of the Realms plot...which DoC is taking part in...suffice to say that he is an irresistable force that can never be defeated, only balked...for without him the fabric of reality would be unstable. Unless this Tulanth is V'kleta's ONE POLAR OPPOSITE and is his complete EQUAL, Tulanth has NO chance at all against V'kleta's power. If you still find me guilty of nigh-godmodding, PM me and I will tell you V'kleta's complete story on the grounds that you do NOT release it to anybody else. DoC knows a little, but only the basic idea of what V'kleta is...and as he is in Purging of the Realms, he cannot know any more. I apologize for what seems like godmodding...but V'kleta has to have no betters, and only one equal. I sincerely doubt that Tulanth is that equal. Even if he was, a fight between V'kleta and him would likely destroy this realm...so it is unwise to have them fight.

Oh, and another thing...V'kleta is in human form...you said he was a Drakotaur at the moment...he isn't. Check my earlier posts. Once a little more story unfolds, I'll post my next action.))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( Okay, just try to keep the superior attitude to a dull roar ))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((All right then...do you want me to PM you the history? If so, I will...as for now...I think we aughta get back to the RPG...even though DoC hasn't picked up yet...what say we continue the conversation via PMs? Go ahead and PM me.))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( actually, i don't care, just don't bring yourself into a fight with someone of great importance, like Tulanth. as for the history, keep it to yourself, and lets get back to the RP! I'll tell DoC to come back. ))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Okay...are we to assume that these last posts are instantaneous, and no time has passed since your last "activity" post?)

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( No time has passed. We are suspended in time until we make another move lol. DoC told me he wouldn't be very active because of limited internet usage. Anyways, back to the RPing. ))

"V'kleta would you like to kindly greet our most gracious host? I'm sure you too will get along just fine.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Back. It's good that you two got along nicely. The battle between you and Tulanth, J'kar, isn't necessary. I just said that if you fought, you'd lose. I already PMed you the details. I hope that kinda explains it. I also said that if you fought a good battle, you'd be rewarded by it. And don't you think Tulanth would have the ability to move the battle to a place that wouldn't endanger the space-time continuum? Anywho...back to the story.))

Tulanth turns his gaze back to V'kleta, laughing a little hollowly. "Well, Ian no doubt wished to show you my vaults. Let's go." He turned and walked down the hall, beckoning to them.

Turning to his companions, Ian said, "Let's go. V'kleta, I hope you realize what you may be getting into."

The group walked down the hall. After a few minutes of walking down the hall, they came to a huge, gold inlaid door. The faint sound of a harp could be heard on the other side of the door. Placing his hands on strange symbols, Tulanth shut his eyes. After a second, the gold fashed. The door slid down into the floor, revealing a huge room. It was filled with weapon racks, treasure chests, and mounds of gold, silver, and gems. But in the center of the room, sitting on a stool playing a large silver harp, was an absolutely beautiful woman. Her lustrous black hair hung to her waist, unbound, save for a thin circlet around her brow. Her ice blue eyes turned up from her harp as the adventurers and lord entered the room. Her long fingers stopped their journey across the strings of the harp. Her deep green dress seemed oddly out of place in a room filled with silvers and golds.

"Hello again, Ian," she said, smiling slightly. Turning her gaze on Dhrenzen and V'kleta, she said, "Father, who are these men?"

Tulanth smiled. "Well, I'm a polite man. I'll allow them to introduce themselves. Ian, would you follow me for a moment? There is a new runestone tablet from the old Sla'ral empire I want to show you..." With that, he led Ian away.

((Okay, introduce yourselves. I'll post in with her response.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*V'kleta folds his arms and begins studying his claws, which he grew from his fingertips. He wiggles his fingers and black flame curls lazily up from his hand. Fidgeting with the darkflame, he nonchalantly says,*

"I am known as V'kleta Und'rvachen, Lord of all that is Dark...and frankly, I couldn't care less who you are."

*He looks off in the direction of Ian and Tulanth, then yawns and continues playing with his ebony fireball.*

((V'kleta doesn't give a damn about human women...so Tulanth has one less thing to worry about.))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Dhrenzen looked away from the gold to greet the beautiful woman. "Greetings fair lady. My name is Dhrenzen. Let me say that this is a great honor." Dhrenzen walked up and kissed the back of her hand, and the stood up. "Please excuse my friend's rudeness. He meant no disrespect, he just cares not for company, save those who are warriors."

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Oh, come on, J'kar. It's Tulanth's daughter. She isn't human. Or mortal, for that matter.))

Pulling Ian behind a dividing wall, Tulanth faced Ian. "Those two are part of this. They are two of the six."

This statement apparently startled Ian. "You're kidding. Dhrenzen, maybe, but V'kleta...?"

Tulanth nodded, solemnly. "Yes. Where you are iron, and my daughter is water, Dhrenzen is stone, and the demon is fire. Now you must find wood and bronze."

"I suppose we must tell them the truth, then. Let's go." Ian said slowly.

((Okay, intrigue abounds. Now for his daughter's responses.))

Looking at V'kleta strangely, the woman says, "You may care more than you think, in a minute or so." Then, turning to Dhrenzen, she smiled warmly. "Greetings to you, warrior Dhrenzen. I am Riana." She turned to continue playing her harp. But the sound of Ian's clawed feet clicking on the stone floor, brought her head up. Ian and Tulanth were walking towards them. "It seems, V'kleta, that the time has come for you to care."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*The blackfire puffs into nothingness, and V'kleta turns to Tulanth.*

"Oh, really? I find none but my own kind to be of importance to me. I have no use for any female but a demoness of my caliber...and seeing as there are none in existance, and should I desire to I can create offspring magically...I have no use for women, period."

*He smirks.*

"One would think that as powerfully as I hunger for other things, that I would be unbearable towards...[*glance towards Riana*]...other sins. However, such is not the case. Therefore I cannot see how she can possibly interest me, Tulanth's daughter or not."

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Dhrenzen replied to the woman as he stood up, "It is a pleasure meet you, Lady Riana." Turning toward Tulanth, he said, "What is this that conserns us so dearly? And don't lie to me either, I am not completely nieve, as you may guessed."