Mercenary's War

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
The story so far...

The world of Aul'ran is in turmoil. The kingdoms of the land fight a massive war that has raged for decades. Due to massive losses on all sides, their forces are now mainly mercenary armies.

...the story begins.

Ian sat in the mercenary office nursing a tankard of ale. The captain started to walk over, and he sat up. Maybe he'd have an assignment. "I've got an assignment for you, Ian. Get together a team of four or five. That's all you'll need. You're going to Tez'alki on an infiltration mission."

Great. Infiltration. Why couldn't it be a command operation? I hate these things. He finished off his ale, stood up, and looked around the room. Who among the gathered mercenaries would be best for the job? None of them, he concluded. He'd have to get outside help. So he sat back down, waiting for someone new to walk in.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
((it's abit short but it happens.))

Name: Il Duce
History: After taking a certain delight in seeing his uncle die by his father's hand he began to learn the ways of a hitman. His father was one of the most well known assassin in their area. But when he was killed in retaliation for a hit he had pulled off against a rival family to his boss Il Duce left his hometown of Yorksher. He was 19 when he left his town and started to get more into robbery and common theives work. He joined up with a group called "FastHoof."

Never looking for revenge because he knew in that business it will always happen at one point, he left FastHoof to go as a solo killer. He now travels looking for work.

((Here he is... Write me in somehow.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian watched as a man dressed in black walked in. He wore a pair of guns at his side, and puffed steadily on a cigar. He looked like he could be useful. So Ian walked over, hoping to recruit him for the job. "Are you looking for work?" he asked.

((OOC: Here's my char, forgot to put him in the first post. Don't have a pic quite yet, but until then, read 'Appearance' and use your imagination.

Name: Ian Silverwing
Race: Dragonoid
Class: Monk

Abilities: Touch of Winter - on making successful melee hit, causes frostbite in a localized area on the opponent for a short time; the opponent is unable to use that part of their body for the duration of the effect (doesn't affect undead or constructs)
Cold Affinity - makes Ian immune to effects of cold
Dragon Breath - able to blast those in front of him with intense cold; damages oponents and freezes them for a short time
Flight - able to fly

Appearance: Tall and muscular, but with a slim build. Wears a pair of black silk pants. His feet are dragon-like with silver scales and black claws, with two frontal talons and one to the back. His hands are also claws, but resemble human hands more. They, too, are covered with small, flexible, silver scales. His fingernails are claw-like, also black. The scales extend down his arms and stop near his elbows. He has a tattoo consiting of odd, unreadable runes runnining from his right shoulder across his chest to his left hip, and around to his back, circling his body. He has strong human features, and no facial hair. His eyes are a pale grey, with no pupil. His long black hair is tied back in an oddly plaited braid that is bound with blue, black, and white threads. Sprouting from his back are a magnificient pair of silver wings, spanning at least 10 feet when spread.

Bio: Even Ian doesn't know his own age. He awoke roughly fifty years ago with nothing but the memory of his name and his ability to fight. He joined a mercenary guild to pay for his life. But slowly, he seemed to remember that he had been searching for something in his past, forgotten life. After gathering together a small amount of gold that would take care of him for a while, he set out into the world, trying to remember what was forgotten.))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Name: Dhrenzen
Job: Mercanary for hire

Brief description of appearance:
Tall with medium pale hair. Ragged clothing torn in some parts, just as they had been singed with fire. There are small pieces of armor on his biceps and shoulder, along with bracers on both arms. A large Zweilhander is strapped to his back in a strange fashion.

History: As a child he was taken prisoner by his government and placed in a work camp. Every day he dreamed of breaking out. When he finally escaped he trained for 7 years using a large Zweilhander. After his training, he infiltrated the Government leader, Zaroff's house. After striking the leader down with one mighty blow in his bedroom, he jumped out of the window on to the ground below. The guards never knew who had killed Zaroff. After escaping his country, he traveled around looking for work as a salesman.

Weapons:
Large Adamantite Zweilhander on his back (preferred weapon)
Steel Wahizashi (one handed katana; slightly curved) on his left arm
Iron Broadsword on his waist

Abilities:
Magic: Low level fire, speed, and cure spells.
Physical: Incredible strength, good agility for a man with a 400 lb. sword

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
((This looks interesting, here is my character. write me in?))

Race: Human
Class: White Priest(but can let his values dissapear in the eyes of oppurtunity)
Apperence:

About 5'11" 150 very slender...Long elegant white robes with a red border over the hood. A white staff with a white chrystal inside of a dragons mouth. blondish brown hair, very, very light blue eyes with a hint of green and red. Very tan skin almost dark.

Coming from a middle class farming family, Omnislash has always wanted to travel and see the world. When his 18th birthday arrived he set off at once in search of adventure. He has been trained by the master magician of his village. The master magician also happens to be the village priest/healer.

Omnislash has great skills(hehe napolean dynomite) in the art of magic and manipulation. Although Being good, he does have his darker side.(hence greed,anger,lust and everything else that comes with being human)

Manipulation - Omnislash has a powerful ability that he was born with that he is not afraid to use. Since his upbringing was so pure he will only use it for good. Although there has been times when he has used it for his benefit.
He can twist others mind to do his bidding or flood horrible images into there head causing the victim to go insane.

White Magic:

-Holy- A crippling spell, a bright white light decends from the heavens and stikes his enemy.
Usage=As long as he is concience

-Heal- When cast, a warm presense travels throughout your body in your bloodstream. When the warmth comes across a cut or internal injury it cures on contact.::. Cure does not work for psychological problems.::
usage=about 5 times a day depending on Omnislash's health.

-White Blind- causes the his staff to burst into a bright white light that blinds everyone in a 40 foot radius except the caster. It can also be used as a signaling device.
usage=anytime

-Esuana- Cures any Status effect like poisen, sleep, silence, etc.
Usage=whenever

-Protect- Casts a invisible shield that surrounds him and his allys.
Usage=anytime

This is all of Omnislash's spells he is hoping to learn more on his adventures and become a master of the art.

Summons:

~Black Eternity~ This is the one dark spell Omnislash wields. He has be taught this by his father, and his father learn it from his father. A black knight fights by his side untill Omnislash dismisses him. Black Eternity has a Apocolypse sword which deals a massive amount of damage.
usage=Once a day

~Bearer Of Light~ This cures all who Omnislash wishes friends,or even himself.
usage-5 times a day

Omnislash is hoping to find a teacher of the summoning art, he wishes to learn more complex summons.

Companion- A glorious Phoneix named Paradise. Paradise is a lifetime companion who would/will follow Omnislash to the death. Omnislash found Paradise in the woods near his house when he was a young boy. He found that Paradise was injured and cast cure to try and heal hoping for it to work.(he was very weak at the time. Magicians still ponder of how he was able to cure Paradise) The spell worked and since Omnislash saved Paradise, Paradise vowed to stay by Omnislash untill the death. Over the years a deep
bond has connected Paradise and Omnislash mentally.(they can combine there magic to conjure tough spells, and add effect to the white magic spell cure. In rare cases when paradise is injured to the point of cure wont work, he erupts in flames and over nigth reborn from his ashes. If you ever see Omnislash you are sure to see Paradise right above.

Because of Omnislashs curiosity and will to learn, he can learn spells and abilities more easy then most Humans.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
The man in black appeared not to respond, so Ian turned away. He saw a white priest and a swordsman walk in. Hoping these two would be more interested in the job, Ian walked towards them.

"How would you two like to earn some gold? A simple job, if you're up to it."

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"If it's a job worth doing I will accept, but do not send me on a tedious errand. I am a serious priest with serious objectives, I hope you can understand I dont want to wake up with me throat cut either."

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
"I'm up for the job if it's not going to be a boring job. How much are you willing to pay?"

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"I don't know yet. I don't know the mission specifics. My captain won't tell me until I get my team together. It's infiltration, though, which means either assassination, kidnapping, or rescue. It should have good pay."

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Walks up to Ian.
"What is your name, and what do you do?"

Goes and sits down on a bench.
"I'm up for it one way or another. I've been dying for some action the next few months."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Name: V'Kleta Und'rvachen
Race: Demon Ancient
Affiliation: Himself

Appearance: A shapeshifter, he usually takes the form of a Centaur, with the part that would be a horse on a normal centaur being instead dragonlike. he is five feet tall at his foreleg shoulder, and about 9 1/2 feet tall overall. He is dressed in formidable war armor that deflects most blades.

Weapon Proficiencies: He's very good with the myriad weapons that are slung all over him. He mostly deals with scythe variants.

Spells: He mostly works with dark energy and his shapeshifting ability.

Bio: A bored demon with a thirst for violence, he traverses the realms in search of those who require an army slaughtered or a war won. He takes down entire enemy legions singlehanded, and on occasion takes assassination missions. Not exactly a team player, he tends to work alone, but has been known to attract people who follow him around and enjoy watching him work. He is very rude and abrasive, and has an utter lack of respect for the surrounding scenery. Generally the first time an employer meets V'kleta, he is first aware of a large hole in the wall that didn't used to be there. Then V'kleta comes in, lays out his willingness to kill, and gets his job.

The money he makes is usually split between his teammates, if there are any.

((what the hell, this could be fun))

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Name: Norm Algain
Race: Human
Class: Well known and trusted mercenary

He has 2 daggers on each of his thighs. He walks slow due to the blade carried on his back that being a Great Sword. He has a bow carried around his shoulder-to-waist with a quiver or 300 arrows or so right next to his sword.
He has great agility because when he goes on a job, he usually leaves his stuff well hidden unless he cannot see his target.
Great strength due to the immensely huge sword he carries.

((Write me in :)))

Norm walks into the bar and sees Ian. He then walks to him and greets him.
"Are you two going on a job? Count me in as you might run into troube"

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Okay, that's it. Sorry folks, no more room. As for you, Static, you've been too 'static' in this thread, so I'll have to boot you from the quest.))

Ian nodded to the merc who just walked in. "Fine, you're in. As for you," he said, turning to a black cloud that had swirled in behind them, "demon, you can join, but this isn't a mission for wonton destruction. If that doesn't suit you, don't come."

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Norm sits down and orders a drink. So what is the mission of ours we shall do? Norm asks the strange men.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian slapped a sheaf of papers on the table. "We're heading to the city of Tez'alki. We'll be infiltrating Citadel Blackmarr under whatever cover we can come up with. After we're in, we'll have a spy contact us with further intel. Any questions?"

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
((I would just like to note that a Centaur with the body of a reptilian creature is a Drakotaur, though most times the upper body is reptialian as well, but not always. [this was meant for J'Kar]))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*V'kleta glares (in his manner) at his recruiter. He folds his arms irritatedly. Black energy ripples across his body and his reptilian aspects shrink into him until he is left in human appearance, clad in ceremonial Daemon war armor. He pulls out a small scythe and picks his fingernails with it.*

"This form better? I can be...stealthy...if necessary." *His eyes flash and he is suddenly standing directly beside his startled employer. Noting the man's unnervedness, V'kleta laughs, and resumes his prior position, reclining on a large tail that just grew for the purpose.* "Just tell me what to kill, and we'll get this over with."

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
"Yes I'm dying for the specifics," Dhrenzen says as he props his sword up against the bar in the corner. "Barkeep, I'd like a drink."

He then turns to Ian and says coldly, "My sword thirsts for blood. It's been too long since I have severed men's legs from their body."

He chuckles quietly to himself.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*Time passes and V'kleta rests on his tail for a short time playing with his scythe, but he quickly tires and launches to his feet.*

"If this is going to take a while, then I will require amusement." *He materializes a small disc with a red button on it.* "When you have need of me...press the button and speak my name into the device. I will then arrive very shortly." *He places the disc on the table and looks at the ceiling, where a metal grate gives access into the air ducts. He reaches up and pulls the grate down with a sharp "clang" that causes the others to flinch. The energy crackles over him again and he morphs into the sleek black form of an Alien Xenomorph drone. The others step back in spite of themselves, and V'kleta leaps into the air ducts and vanishes. All are unnerved at the silence of his departure, as where there should be much clanging and thumping, not even a whisper issues from the vent.*

((Don't worry, he's just off checking out the run of the building. He'll probably wind up on the roof. He gets bored VERY easily. When mission details are about to be revealed, just press the button and speak his name, and he'll make all haste back to the room. He'll likely come in as a gas like his first entrance, so feel free to RP his return before you just state the mission details. This is an excuse for me to be away from the game for a short time until stuff actually gets under way.))