• Neither

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im was online (i cant play anymores =( ) but yeah my char was NOT DENNIS. il be playing every beta chance i can get

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well,i just got of gw,wont be on it again prob,ill have wow but gw is fun,and i think its a great game,ill prob buy it someday but i wanan test WoW out,so i can compare the two,and i look foword to playing wow

Off topic - it was a bitch getting my ranger to lions arch

slademaster

Reaction score
Website
www.blacklotus-clan.c-f-h.com
Well Here My Opinion

Ok i admit i have WoW (well my bro does) i played it and it Kicks As* :D. Well what i hate is that you have to pay monthly... so my sides on Pan and Andrews is Both but like other people said, everyone likes diffrent types of games... Pan hates WoW and Andrew Likes it I like it so we all have opinions on diffrent games... :D

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
slademaster said:
Ok i admit i have WoW (well my bro does) i played it and it Kicks As* :D. Well what i hate is that you have to pay monthly... so my sides on Pan and Andrews is Both but like other people said, everyone likes diffrent types of games... Pan hates WoW and Andrew Likes it I like it so we all have opinions on diffrent games... :D

Wow... Do you know what the hell your talking about? you can pay by the 1/2 years for one. All the things you just said were already mentioned. And this thread is obviosly not about the pros and cons of GW vs WoW if you had read the posts. also this thread is dead...

Kitty

Reaction score
I'll have a biased opinion because I've only played Guild Wars, but I like it. ^__________^ The beta was amazingly fun for me, and it was my first MMORPG experience as well...I was impressed.

I'm definately going to be getting it when it comes out. I would possibly try WoW but you have to pay :p As a person with very, very limited funds I wouldn't be able to pay the monthly fee...the fact that Guild Wars is free makes it so much easier.

SweatyOgre

Reaction score
To all the GW critics, just keep in mind that the GW you played was still in beta, anything severely wrong with it that may have affected your opinion will most likely be fixed before release, which is a good way off(february.)

Reaction score
for all the people that say guild wars rocks,i pay tributes to you by killing 50 sheep and burning a cow :D.seriously though if i got my hands on some sheep and a cow i would sacrafice them for you guys :D

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
WoW is an animated game witch like rose are both for kids. Guild wars look like PEOPLE. GW > WoW

Gray Claw

Member!
Reaction score
Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars.
Oh yea, did I mention Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars. Guild Wars.? Yes I have to admit Wow has some better things like riding dragons, mechanical chickens, etc. But for the you have to pay monthly, think about it. And look, Guild Wars hasn't fully even came out and it's already beating Wow.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsara said:
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

WoW is gonna cost less that GW because according to someone that works for them, you have to pay per patch and expansions :)
quotation of the truth

GW sucks, period, another period, comma, then period.

WoW sucks as well, but its tad better than GW's ugly looking skill icons.

SweatyOgre

Reaction score
Samsara said:
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

WoW is gonna cost less that GW because according to someone that works for them, you have to pay per patch and expansions :)
Hmm, a new expansion every 6 months, at $50 an expansion. That's $100 a year that you're not even required to spend.

$15x12 for WoW = $180. A mandatory $180, also.

Yep, GW is far more than WoW.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I would rahter play GW which is the combined efforts of the original Diablo staff, then play WOW which is jsut another machine to generate money while at the same time screwing the gamers with lag on all thier servers.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
agreed....guild wars just simply demolishes the competition, and I dont think that WoW will be able to compete with the no fees thing that ncsoft has to offer once GW comes out.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
[highlight]WoW[/highlight]
Its Blizzard. Its Better.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
SweatyOgre said:
Hmm, a new expansion every 6 months, at $50 an expansion. That's $100 a year that you're not even required to spend.

$15x12 for WoW = $180. A mandatory $180, also.

Yep, GW is far more than WoW.
you pay $12 a month if you pay in packages of 6 which would apply for the whole year thing. 12x12=144

New expansion at 50 bucks once every 2 months is 100. The whole required thing is true but you dont see a fifth of the amount of people playing sc, d2, war3 or any game for that matter w/o the expansion.

Also you forgot to factor the whole pay per patch thing. No details have been released yet about how much per patch but i sure as hell know that they will release enough patches to surpass 40 bucks.

Oh and Blizz has given a total of about 3-4 weeks of extra time to players because some servers have had high latency so they evenly gave the extra time to everyone whether your server lagged or not.

SweatyOgre

Reaction score
MrBret said:
[highlight]WoW[/highlight]
Its Blizzard. Its Better.
Who gives a ****? Honestly, GW is made by the original D2 team.

Samsara said:
Also you forgot to factor the whole pay per patch thing. No details have been released yet about how much per patch but i sure as hell know that they will release enough patches to surpass 40 bucks..
I don't know where you're getting your info, but they won't charge for patches.

Kitty

Reaction score
There aren't even supposed to be any "patches" per say, there'll be continous updates all throughout the year, but not all at once...the game will be -constantly- updated. :-/

Induhvidual_1

Reaction score
i can honestly see Guild Wars turning into another "The Sims" with countless expansions... i think that might be the only way they can support "free" online multiplayer play. from the looks of it, i like the guild wars feel and atmosphere over world of warcraft, wich i must say still retains taht cartoonish feel to it.