Forum Changes - Comments

Max

Member!
Reaction score
what does jenny having a quickly formulated negative preconceived notion about you have to do with her having to stick around?

if you dont like me, and my rules get out sort of thing?

im starting to feel the same way about the whole ordeal...i dont understand why your so quick to downplay the concerns of the members who have been around the longest and contribute to activity and content...and if someone raises their voice about anything you threaten and whine.

this is forum changes - COMMENTS is it not? some talk louder than others, and want to discuss things that might not make you happy, but its not your decision to make max...I just really dont get why your trying so hard to get rid of everyone
If I wanted to get rid of you and Jenny you would both be gone by now. Think about it.

Jenny is already convinced that the forum is going to go nowhere. I have no problem with her saying that, but at the same time, she's just wasting her time posting here if she's that convinced.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's called being a spectator.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Our old active member base and our current active member base are more or less 180's of one another if you ask me. Everyone used to be moderately nice, and actually brought in content and aimed to do what they could for the forum instead of whining about everything and playing the blame game. Maybe Max understands this as well? =\

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Our old active member base and our current active member base are more or less 180's of one another if you ask me. Everyone used to be moderately nice, and actually brought in content and aimed to do what they could for the forum instead of whining about everything and playing the blame game. Maybe Max understands this as well? =\
well the old active member base has seen the best of the forum, and the current hasn't....is it so odd that we might not welcome change that digresses from that???

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
what does jenny having a quickly formulated negative preconceived notion about you have to do with her having to stick around?

if you dont like me, and my rules get out sort of thing?

im starting to feel the same way about the whole ordeal...i dont understand why your so quick to downplay the concerns of the members who have been around the longest and contribute to activity and content...and if someone raises their voice about anything you threaten and whine.

this is forum changes - COMMENTS is it not? some talk louder than others, and want to discuss things that might not make you happy, but its not your decision to make max...I just really dont get why your trying so hard to get rid of everyone
I understand what you're thinking, trust me; (and no I'm not max), but I will say this:

Max payed money to purchase BF. This is not only an interest for him, but a project that he's already invested cash into, and now time. He bought it with the intent of making something out of it..and returning it back to being a successful gaming forum. Yes, he does actually care about all of your opinions (most who would BUY bf wouldn't), BUT he is going to go through with the plan that he's had. He didn't buy BF and just say "well, i'm just going to sit here with an admin title and do nothing!". No..that would be a complete waste of his money.

My point: He's invested money into BF, he wants to make that a good decision, and he's going to go through with his plan. There are some things we're all willing to change, and some thing's we're not. Granted, you guys can complain about all you want..and say your opinion, but there's no point in saying it over and over and creating another little crusade. For instance, the asylum. It isn't coming back. If you don't like it...feel free to say so, but once is enough. This isn't something that's going to be changed in the foreseeable future.

And no ones saying if you don't like the change at all, you HAVE to leave..but it would be a wise idea. As I said, there are some things that are going to happen, regardless of what a few people think. We can't please everyone. So really..if you hate the change, and there's nothing here for you anymore, then there really is no point in staying. That's just the reality of it.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
And yet they stay just to make our time on this forum that much less enjoyable as a sort of revengeful consequence of us not letting them have their way. Can't be helped I guess.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
if this was all just a ploy to get rid of me and other oldies, then you fail....ill stick around and antagonize just enough to drive you crazy, but not enough to get banned, thank goodness for aim chat, ill vent my fustration and be the muff head i know i can be in there....c wat i did thur

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
It's about time we had an administrator with balls to shut up the people who complain about the staff/state of the site 24/7.

:)

Randsoft

Reaction score
It appears as if several more of the troublesome members have been banned from what I can recall. This is very good news, and a very good step in the right direction. Hopefully, we can continue to root out these trouble-makers, and turn this forum into something respectable. Is there anything I can do to help?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Just stay here and post your strategies/ideas and invite your friends from WoW. We have a large WoW member base that still play/used to play.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Jenny and Tronga have been banned for 7 days. As I said many times, I invite criticism, but only if it's constructive. The disrespect that came with their posts will not be tolerated.

Randsoft

Reaction score
Thank you Lizardbreath, I shall try and do that! Though I do not know how easy it will be to get in touch with my former WoW friends, as the guild merged with another one on a seperate server once I had left :(

Thank you Max for giving us the reason why those members were banned, but do you really think seven days is enough? Looking at the types of things they have said, it is clear that they do not wish to be part of the site anymore so why not just make it forever and even go as far as IP banning them? Just a suggestion.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Just stay here and post your strategies/ideas and invite your friends from WoW. We have a large WoW member base that still play/used to play.
Yes please stay. We have a large active WoW member base that still play/used to play. Too bad Tronga was pretty much the only active gamer that still played that game

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Thank you Lizardbreath, I shall try and do that! Though I do not know how easy it will be to get in touch with my former WoW friends, as the guild merged with another one on a seperate server once I had left :(

Thank you Max for giving us the reason why those members were banned, but do you really think seven days is enough? Looking at the types of things they have said, it is clear that they do not wish to be part of the site anymore so why not just make it forever and even go as far as IP banning them? Just a suggestion.
ip banning for disrespect.....lets leave the banning terms to the admins

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Please stay on topic. I moved off-topic posts to their own thread in the proper forum.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yes please stay. We have a large active WoW member base that still play/used to play. Too bad Tronga was pretty much the only active gamer that still played that game
Hey hey I play wow actively! I don't post too much anymore though :/. Loss of interest ftw!

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Heres what I do not agree with;

The banning of Trongamonga, snd to a lesser extent Jenny and Mike seems rather harsh. Tronga has done much more for this forum then he has taken away. Much of the opinion of the members I talk to points that they see you, Max, as a facist leader. Which doesn't seem very attractive if I am a new member browsing, looking for a new forum does it?

Also on the removal of The Asylum. This may just need to be clarified but we are no longer allowed to flame each ther at all? While I most definantly agree to keeping it confined to a certain area I do not agree with elminiating it all together. I am pretty sure we removed The Asylum once before and it did nothing. Now if we allow for those kind of posts in The Void I am in full support of this. I know many people who would come to a forum too troll but eventually would be pulled into the other forums and would eventually contribute. I am one of them. With the outlawing it feels like the you are severly restricting our opinions about people. I am a person who likes to mkae my opinion quite clear on somethings. Such as to what extent I might despise someone. With these new rules it seems unlikly that I would be able to do so.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
If you think that the removal of the asylum before did nothing for our activity then you need not say another word, because you obviously have NO idea what you're talking about.