Forum Changes - Comments

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The portal (from what I know) will be completely re-designed. It won't be a basic vb portal. It will be useful.
It was useful, or so I thought :(

I did use it a lot. Just... Don't put new posts in the bottom of everything mkay?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
The point is that it made us worse, jenny is just to blind to see that our activity was dropping everyday when the asylum was in. Then when we removed it it shot up, then we put it back again the activity shot up for a little bit and then our forum got worse then before the original closing (to about 50 PPD which is ****ing terrible.)
During Battleforums peak (when you weren't a member silly enough) the Asylum existed. WEEEEEEIIIIIRD!

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
You basically just owned your own theory jenny. (I've simplified it for Tronga since he's a little slow today)

Your theory is that during BF's peak that the asylum was still here and therefore is a necessity to the forum. Well here is why your theory is wrong.
1) During BF's peak we had both the asylum and gaming content.
2) When BF wasn't at it's peak we only had the asylum and no gaming content.
So therefore it is a necessity to beef up the gaming content and get rid of the asylum because it's obviously not the asylum that brought us activity and new members.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIRD!!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Whoa, you've just beat all the records of not making any sense.

--Edit--

And the trying too hard ones too.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Read it again Tronga, you people from portugal have a hard time comprehending the english language.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Seriously, you made me laugh in real life.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Does it make sense to you now?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, that's why it's so funny :p

You're blaming The Asylum for not contributing to activity. You're not blaming it for scaring away people because, according to your logic, it doesn't. Since what takes people away is the lack of content.

So you saying Jenny contradicted herself then present such a lovely argument is awesomely funny.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
No, that's why it's so funny :p

You're blaming The Asylum for not contributing to activity. You're not blaming it for scaring away people because, according to your logic, it doesn't. Since what takes people away is the lack of content.

So you saying Jenny contradicted herself then present such a lovely argument is awesomely funny.
No noobeh there is more to it then that. The data shows that the asylum, in and of itself, is counterproductive because even when we had little to no additional gaming content added that we were still losing members. The asylum isn't our savior and certainly isn't necessary. WHY? Because it was a spawning ground for staff/member hatred. I don't really know why I have to explain this to you in more detail, I thought you were smarter then that.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You're not getting it are you?

Let me put it this way: Why fix what's not broken?

Maybe you're smart enough to understand why I'm asking this, but I really doubt it.

--Edit--

Bleh, seriously:

The data shows that the asylum, in and of itself, is counterproductive because even when we had little to no additional gaming content added that we were still losing members.
Soo... A farmer needs potatoes and carrots to prosper. If he doesn't have carrots, only potatoes, he won't prosper. Therefore, potatoes are counterproductive and should be removed of production.

Makes sense?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
You're not getting it are you?

Let me put it this way: Why fix what's not broken?

Maybe you're smart enough to understand why I'm asking this, but I really doubt it.
How was it not broken tronga? You tell me? I would love to hear your logic. Plz make sure to reference the deteriorating number of posts (50PPD b4 the move) and lack of members joining with the asylum in place and little to no new gaming content.

The new owner is trying to move us towards gaming and not make our forum so hostile to newbies, which should help to improve our traffic flow.

EDIT @ YOUR EXAMPLE ( I just saw the edit): The difference is that we don't need carrots in the first place to prosper. Get it now? A forum can exist without a place like the asylum and do well.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Recheck my post please. And I don't mind the creation of gaming content, why should I? I just don't see the necessity of removing The Asylum. As long as the rest of the forums are kept clean, there is no problem with having a more mature forum. Of course, the Asylum was far from mature because it wasn't kept clean as well.

And my example was only to show you how saying we're screwed because something's still there sucks.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Recheck my post please. And I don't mind the creation of gaming content, why should I? I just don't see the necessity of removing The Asylum. As long as the rest of the forums are kept clean, there is no problem with having a more mature forum. Of course, the Asylum was far from mature because it wasn't kept clean as well.
I get what you mean in this case. However I think that max doesn't want to put the extra effort to deal with trying to "clean" out the forums 2nd garbage can, instead he just deleted it and got rid of having to do extra maintenance. I don't get it, what's so hard about being civil and nice?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Because we don't play Barbie.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Then leave, because you aren't wanted here then. Take your negative attitude and plague a different forums.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Because I don't play Barbie?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
No, because you aren't mature enough to take your negativity outside of the forum. Sometimes I wonder how you ever got to be an admin, your idea of a forum sucks.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I do, and it's of Blizzard's gaming forum. And you can hardly call Blizzard a creator of calm games.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
The games are intense, but the discussion doesn't have to be.