Float the Drone... Do you consider it Cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is how u float a drone. You have to have 90 or less minerals. First, make a drone and ctrl+1 it. Then ctrl+2 a larvae. Then tell drone to build extractor and while it's on it's way to the extractor, shift+right click on the location that u want it to float to. Before the drone gets to the extractor to build it, press 2 and press D to create drone. If done correctly, The drone will float over everything to reach it's destination

christopher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.free6.com
hehe ive never tried i just found out by the people telling me on this thread but it would be an awsom idea to float one who you perm cloaked and build a hatchery and then a teleporter thingy and then you win just start at there miners work your way out to theer def this would be awsome:D

not that im a cheater or anything...;)

o and whoever said that blizzard baned someone on warcraft for farm bug that is gayest shit i ever heard its there own fault for making the game shitty and overlooking these types of things no on should be banned for blizz mistakes thats just plain stupid

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
y would they bann a person for exploting a glitch? i can see maybe fixing it but y bann them?

DRBagabundo

Reaction score
Website
www.hometown.aol.com
floating a drone is bad but what about the underground hachery glitch....when u upgrade the underground move for the zerg, grab a drone, and set it to make a hachery. right before the hachery is about to be built, dig the drone underground....the starcraft game will freeze and close on every players computer, thus either giving you a disconnect or giving everyone a draw.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
why worry no its patch up and this thread old

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
just to let u guys know back when blizzard was beta testing sc and figuring out how the things should look floating drone was part of the game. so were floating SCVs science vessals would walk and u don't need a creep to build on. i have the site where to look at them but the site is down for remodeling sad too

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
yep they also use to have lara on each buildins like the hatchry lif the Spire u would have 3 larva but they can only be morphed in to flying units. way bake to the alpha testin the overlords can shoot!

N

ND35

I found out how to float a drone in version 1.10!!! heres how to do it: first corner the drone and then do bh left click three times in different areas around the place you want it to float and then right click!! I just did it on can u do 20 tricks II!! here's the map if u wanna try it out :rollie Oh yeah and can som1 help me with my bnet? it says to go to the error message site and wont work.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi everyone! I finally am back on battleforums. Haven't been here for awhile.
So. About the floating a drone thing, i think there is still a way to float a drone. I'm not so sure, but I think that when Blizzard fixed the float a drone trick, they crated another way to float one by accident. I was playing on B.net, and then suddenly I accidently floated a drone! I don't know how I did it, but I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.