Float the Drone... Do you consider it Cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Do you guys consider float the drone cheating?

what are you guys' opinions?

Does it depend on how it is used... or not?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
yeah, it's cheating. I think alot of times people seem to think "If blizzard doesn't fix it, it means it's ok the exploit it". Well, it's not. Blizzard banned several people for abusing the farm bug in warcraft and i'm assuming they would do the same for starcraft if replays were sent to them of people abusing it.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Its cheating. It allowes zerg players to fast exp on island maps. But it will be fixed in 1.10 anyway...

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What the hell is a floating drone? It would be cool to know about though. Not that I would ever use it...;)

Tool

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its where order a drone to do cetain things (which i will not bother explaining)
and it can fly, only to a specified point though, then it lands

Tool

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
any one who needs to flaot the drone to win, doesn't deserve to play SC... if you don't need to flaot the drone, then don't

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Float the drone is another cheating method, just like hacking is a cheating method also.

Not to many gamers know how to float the drone anyway or game zerg for that matter, so I never worrie about my opponent floating a drone.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have never seen it used, but of course it's cheating. Glitchs are a from of hacking, they give an unfair advantage to a player which blizzzard strviees to prevent from happening.

GosuMarine

Member!
Reaction score
Website
starcraftzone.cjb.net
Floating a Drone is 100% Cheating because if you float a drone, You can go to a Island Expantion which means that they cant get to u unless if they have a air unit. 100%~ CHEATING~ :D

Supremebeing

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Floating the drone is COMPLETEY cheating! Ive sen it done and its just about the most retarded thing ive ever seen done in starcraft. its cheating and its just like hacking just not going through that dl shit to do it.I hope its fixed because its really gay. Why would you cheat neway? If your truely good and skilled you wont need to cheat or hack and all that bullshit. Ive never cheated in starcraft and ive played it since 98 and im still going. So please ppl dont hack or cheat or ne of that bullshit i want a real none bullshit game thats good so dont cheat. if you want to win get better and keep playing, besides its just a rec. You get your wins and your loses your rec will get better in time and increasement in skill. just dont cheat youll never get better in doing it.

Sumpremebeing (Mystic_King)<~East and West gateway sn play me dont cheat i want a good fight!

EthanCote.com

Reaction score
Website
www.ethancote.com
I totally agree with you Sumpremebeing.

Cheating is for loser!! Learn to play before you get on bnet.

Not only it lags game for those with slow comp and connection but if you must cheat then you really sux!! Also say much about your character...LOSER!!!

Just my two cents..nope, I ain't bitter. =)

Cheers,

Chi.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zerg has a floating Drone.
Protoss has a floating High Templar and Dark Templar
If Terran had a floating unit, what would your opinion be then?
I am not for Floating unit glitches used in serious gameplay, I am just curious.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Terran unit....i wouldn't mind a floating tank :) That'd be nice. It'd be cool if you could float a whole army...it gives your opponent a heck of a surprise!

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol i never heard of floating anything until this thread so i dont really care =)

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
But, Terran would then win every matchup on LT because they wouldn't have to tech Dropships to get Tanks on cliffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.